JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 812 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

9 hours ago, sunshine said:

When I say mutating, the Covid shot will in all likidhood be a twice yearly affair,  like the flu vaccine.  My understanding is you have to set a flu jabs every season because its a new virus or it mutates or wherever.. . The bottom line is we're obviously not talking about one set of injections and its over. If it's not over for us, it wont be over for our children or babies either.  If a mother' s vaccine covers her new born  in the Spring, what will protect it from  the autumn Covid strain?

No in Europe, France at least, children and babies are not given flu shows.  Only old and other vulnerable groups are given flu vaccines.  Well, that is up until now, nos they are recommencent it for everyone.

We get our flu shot just once a year, since the flu season is from October-April. Obviously we won’t know anything about the COVID vaccine until it happens, but it could be similar. 

Babies receive antibodies from mom while still in the womb, and they also get antibodies after birth from breastfeeding (if they’re breastfed). However, some vaccines are given to babies as young as 2-3 months old, so who knows 🤷🏻‍♀️ Safe to say though that Jehovah created a mother’s body to protect a baby, so I don’t believe an unborn baby will ever need a separate vaccine. I could be wrong though; I’m certainly not an expert!

11 hours ago, Sheep said:

And at today's meeting a letter from the Canada branch was read concerning the vaccines we've been hearing about. They tell us that the vaccines from Pfizer and [another company that I forget the name of] are not made with blood or blood fractions. The letter said information on vaccines from other companies will be forthcoming.

(I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the other company.)

It was Pfizer and BioNTech. We also had the letter read after the Wt study.

7 hours ago, Skye said:

It was Pfizer and BioNTech. We also had the letter read after the Wt study.

These two companies work together to produce one vaccine..you can read about it here..mostly it has been called the Pfizer vaccine.

https://biontecBioNTechh.de/covid-19

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

There was an announcement today after our meeting that there are 2 companies that have created Covid vaccines that use no blood or blood derivatives. There will be more information forthcoming. This is good to know, although I still don't know if I will accept the vaccine or not. It's too soon to tell and they are not available yet anyway. It's still good to have options.

1 hour ago, SUNRAY said:

These two companies work together to produce one vaccine..you can read about it here..mostly it has been called the Pfizer vaccine.

https://biontecBioNTechh.de/covid-19

Thank you for the clarification as some are thinking it is 2 different vaccine.  

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

Probably a given, but I really appreciated the announcement after the WT study that @AH173 referred to. I wasn’t expecting anything like that, but made me appreciate how the Slave is attuned to the concerns brothers and sisters have. After all, we have had lengthy discussion of the contents of the Covid-19 vaccine on the forum, too. After this announcement I can see there being future announcements, too, should any vaccine manufacturer include components such as blood fractions in their vaccine 💉 

”Jehovah provides what we really need.” ❤️

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

41 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Mederna wasn’t mention. Or was it.

The only vaccine mentioned was  Pfizer and BioNTech

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

40 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Here is a very helpful video comparing Pfiser and Moderna vaccines..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZvsqBCvB00

Edited by SUNRAY

spelling

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

Here is another video about the first 2 mRna vaccines compared to Astrazeneca vaccine made from a monkey adnovirus using DNA but producing the same end result spike protein.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GOq8-FR8s1E

cat2_e0.gif

I'm not really sure what the videos about vaccines that were not mentioned in the announcement at the meeting have to do with me answering the question about what was announced ... but I keep getting quoted  :shrugs:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

19 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I'm not really sure what the videos about vaccines that were not mentioned in the announcement at the meeting have to do with me answering the question about what was announced ... but I keep getting quoted  :shrugs:

Sorry John... :facepalmpo2:

cat2_e0.gif

51 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

No announcement today for us.

Maybe the midweek later this week.

:confused:  :shrugs:  Maybe

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

At least it is in the ball park ...  what do think about bow ties ? 😎

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

In Britain we had the announcement (in part)...

We have confirmed that the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer and BioNTech (COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2) does not contain blood or blood fractions. As details become available regarding other vaccines, additional information will be provided. Medical care is a matter for personal decision. We do not attempt to make choices for others.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 12/5/2020 at 11:46 PM, Shawnster said:

Sputnik launched the space race, the most visible technological feat or goal of all time, the race to the moon. 

Creating a covid vaccine in such a short time is equal to the moon shot.  Since Russia never put man on the moon, Sputnik is a good name. 

Yes it is a good name for something that is first.  It is first because it has been fast tracked having skipped the late stage trials.  It has been registered  before the final stages of testing which makes it unethical.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/08/12/russias-covid-19-vaccine-breaches-crucial-scientific-and-ethical-international-standards-a71121

Regarding the Russian Sputnik vaccine Danny Altmann, professor of immunology at Imperial College, said: “The collateral damage from release of any vaccine that was less than safe and effective would exacerbate our current problems insurmountably...      

Altmann was also critical of the lack of transparency around the Russian vaccine. “I have spent a long time trying to track all the candidate vaccines through the evidence that’s been published and preprints,” he said. “What has been noticeably unusual is that there’s been almost no information, and none that’s been peer reviewed, on this Russian vaccine apart from on the clinical test website.

Francois Balloux, professor of computational systems biology at University College London, described it as “a reckless and foolish decision”. “Mass vaccination with an improperly tested vaccine is unethical.