JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 812 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

Yes, under  normal circumstances yes, but we do not know how this new virus will be said to mutate.  Normally you don't have to vaccinate children against the flu, evidently Codiv19 is  like no other Codiv that came before.  We will have wait and see how far the vaccination program has to go...it is after all,  just getting started.  

In the US, flu shots are recommended annually for babies 6 months and up. Maybe it’s different elsewhere? 

And I don’t know what you mean about mutating. If a mother gets a COVID vaccination, the baby won’t need one. They have immunity same as mom.

Edited by califlorican

3 minutes ago, Hope said:

Here's incentive that would entice me!  I'd even take two! 😃

"Get a $1,500 stimulus check for Covid vaccine? How one plan would work" https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/12/03/1500-stimulus-checks-for-covid-19-shots-how-one-plan-would-work.html

The way government works, I’d have to see my check first. 

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

3 hours ago, The German said:

The Branch has declared that the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer and BioNTech (COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2) does not contain blood or blood fractions.

Thank you for the info.

I was assuming as much. From reading this article.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2770485

An excerpt:

Many of these innovations weren’t possible until recently, according to Barney Graham, MD, PhD, deputy director of the NIAID Vaccine Research Center. “Over the last 10 years, vaccinology has just changed radically,” he said. “I’ve been doing this kind of work for a long time and the kinds of things that can be done now, the technologies available, the way we can understand things in a very detailed level is really stunning to me.”

Unlike conventional vaccines, mRNA vaccines aren’t grown in eggs or cells, a time-consuming and costly process. At their essence, these vaccines are simply chemicals catalyzed in test tube or a tank. This makes them easier to develop quickly and—at least theoretically—at scale, although they’ve never been mass-produced before.

“We were making RNA within a week or so” of the SARS-CoV-2 sequence being published, said Drew Weissman, MD, PhD, who researches mRNA vaccines at the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. That speed propelled development: according to Weissman, both groups currently testing nucleic acid-based vaccines in phase 3 trials licensed his team’s mRNA formulation from the university.

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

20 hours ago, sunshine said:

Dont worry, the' government are currently recruiting and training non-medical auxilary staff to administer the millions of doses they have already commissioned. Before you know it there will be free vaccinations at Sainsbury's and drive through jabs at McDonalds.  

We put a man on the moon, it wont be difficult to vaccinate every man woman, child and new born baby in the UK within a year (probably 6 months).  I think with a bit of inventiveness they will be able even get it into foetuses in their mothers womb.

This vaccine has been hastily rushed through for a virus that isn't even understood properly as this pandemic is not even a year old yet.   I find it incredible that people are more than willing to have the vaccine and  without any knowledge about it.  And as for administering it at McDonalds,  I mean really??   So would you like fries with your vaccine?

Edited by Naturale

25 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Sarcasm... I believe the McDonald's comment @sunshine made was sarcasm. 

Maybe so but It is in reality what a large amount of people would/will accept. People are going to queue up for something that they assume is safe but in reality they don't know anything about it.   As it stands Russia is known to have skipped large-scale clinical trials and yet has registered the vaccine. Global propaganda points!  As far as I understand it is similar with the Chinese vaccine and others. Who knows what the side effects will be long term.  

Edited by Naturale

16 hours ago, The German said:

The Branch has declared that the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer and BioNTech (COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2) does not contain blood or blood fractions.

Can confirm we had this announcement made at our Weekend meeting today. We were told that this announcement is to be made at the next 2 congregation meetings.

The letter from the US Branch also said:

"Medical care is a matter for personal decision. We do not attempt to make choices for others."

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/3/2020 at 9:11 AM, Qapla said:

When there is sufficient proof these vaccines are safe I will not object to the jab - just don't want to be "first in line" for something that has not been "time tested" or has been "fast tracked".

This is the catch 22 to the answer to the question, "is it safe?" It is going to take millions of people taking the vaccine and the passing of time to reveal any side effects and the exceptions to the rule, "it is safe."  There will always be the "few" people that have adverse reactions and what we hope for is the "few" are not more than a few.  Some may view it as their civic duty or "Love of neighbor" to get vaccinated before all the data is in.  No soldier volunteers to die in a war but no war is fought without soldiers and a few die and even more are wounded but the vast majority live through it.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I had a few thoughts reading everyone's more recent comments:
First of all, it would be unconstitutional for the US to pass a law that forces a vaccine on people who specifically have religious objections. Not to say that it would stop people from enforcing it anyway, as compulsory military service was pushed during WW2, landing some Witnesses in prison despite that being unconstitutional. It just seems unlikely. I think the pressure will more likely to come from private corporations. This is how the first amendment has been undermined anyway, as people who have held monopolies on social media has been censoring speech, and getting away with it, because they're not the government, but are private corporations. The same can happen with vaccines. Private corporations such as Walmart, which have a near monopoly on shops can ban people who haven't taken the vaccine.
Also, I don't blame anyone who doesn't trust the vaccines are entirely safe and effective, as Coronaviruses have been known about for 100 years, and now that we have Covid-19, all a sudden, after only 1 year, we have a vaccine, when it normally takes much longer? Why are people not questioning that more? The news will tell you what the government tells them to say, and can we really trust the government or the pharmaceutical companies are telling us the whole truth? Ferb shared a link with me earlier, for instance, from a site that had to admit the vaccine could cause infertility. I'll have to ask him the link so I can pull it up. This vaccine is likely not without risk, something that should be weighed out as with every decision.
What I also don't understand is why people who have recently tested positive for Covid not exempt from taking a vaccine? Isn't the point of a vaccine to expose your body to the illness (you know like how your body's exposed to the illness when you catch the illness) so that you're immune to the illness. If you've caught Covid, and you're still not immune, you're not likely to be immune with a vaccine, but if you are immune, a vaccine would be entirely redundant; for most people who caught the illness, they're immune, some say for the next few months to the next few years, possibly. Why would you need a vaccine still? If you're immune you can't spread the virus. I'm not going to postulate any conspiracy theory ideas with this: I've been told, don't attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompitence, and the scary thing about all this is the realization that all these authorities that are making these laws, setting all these rules for us, or telling us what is the correct course of action might not actually know what they're doing.

Edited by Katty

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

The letter from the US Branch also said:

"Medical care is a matter for personal decision. We do not attempt to make choices for others."

Thank you Richard..can't help but wonder about Bethelites..also if we return to the Kingdom Hall meetings if we will be encouraged to get vaccinated, leaving the final decision up to family heads, of course.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

It was mentioned at today's meeting from wt conductor.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, Katty said:

it would be unconstitutional for the US to pass a law that forces a vaccine on people who specifically have religious objections

While this is true - unless the vaccine contains blood  ... or decision remains "personal" not religious

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

18 hours ago, Old said:

Could be the European Branch. There is no word on this from the US Branch at this time.

That was yesterday.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 hours ago, Naturale said:

This vaccine has been hastily rushed through for a virus that isn't even understood properly as this pandemic is not even a year old yet.   I find it incredible that people are more than willing to have the vaccine and  without any knowledge about it.  And as for administering it at McDonalds,  I mean really??   So would you like fries with your vaccine?

I would LOVE fries with my vaccine!  😃🍟

11 minutes ago, Qapla said:

While this is true - unless the vaccine contains blood  ... or decision remains "personal" not religious

that is true. I don't know whether other religions would have objections for different reasons however.

3 hours ago, Adam! said:

Can confirm we had this announcement made at our Weekend meeting today. We were told that this announcement is to be made at the next 2 congregation meetings.

I can say so. It has

9 minutes ago, Hope said:

I would LOVE fries with my vaccine!  😃🍟

And a Shake!