JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 812 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Katty said:

What I also don't understand is why people who have recently tested positive for Covid not exempt from taking a vaccine?

There are multiple reasons but here is one of them.
For example the chicken pox / shingles issue...

A person may have had chicken pox but that exposure is not a permanent resistance to future issues..such as shingles 

So there has been a push to have people over 50 to get vaccinated for shingles...even if they had chicken pox.

Also our body has short and long term “memory” B and T cells ... we need both but not everyone has them in needed numbers or ratio.

A short term example of these memory cells is the immunity that a mother passes to her unborn child ...  our mothers immunize us  for a short time till our own immune system is challenged....

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

2 hours ago, Katty said:

Also, I don't blame anyone who doesn't trust the vaccines are entirely safe and effective, as Coronaviruses have been known about for 100 years, and now that we have Covid-19, all a sudden, after only 1 year, we have a vaccine, when it normally takes much longer? Why are people not questioning that more? The news will tell you what the government tells them to say, and can we really trust the government or the pharmaceutical companies are telling us the whole truth? Ferb shared a link with me earlier, for instance, from a site that had to admit the vaccine could cause infertility. I'll have to ask him the link so I can pull it up. This vaccine is likely not without risk, something that should be weighed out as with every decision.

What I also don't understand is why people who have recently tested positive for Covid not exempt from taking a vaccine? Isn't the point of a vaccine to expose your body to the illness (you know like how your body's exposed to the illness when you catch the illness) so that you're immune to the illness. If you've caught Covid, and you're still not immune, you're not likely to be immune with a vaccine, but if you are immune, a vaccine would be entirely redundant; for most people who caught the illness, they're immune, some say for the next few months to the next few years, possibly. Why would you need a vaccine still? If you're immune you can't spread the virus. I'm not going to postulate any conspiracy theory ideas with this: I've been told, don't attribute to malice what you can attribute to incompitence, and the scary thing about all this is the realization that all these authorities that are making these laws, setting all these rules for us, or telling us what is the correct course of action might not actually know what they're doing.

It’s a common thing mentioned, but one of the main reasons this vaccine has been so much quicker is funding. It’s also not starting completely from zero- there had been vaccines in the works for the 2003 SARS and MERS, another coronavirus that appeared some years ago.

As for those who’ve tested positive for COVID taking the vaccine again, it seems some people have been reinfected after a few months. The CDC says early evidence suggests natural immunity doesn’t last long, but studies are still needed to confirm this. The vaccine will be a double-dose kinda thing, to help build that immunity. Some other vaccines are similar.

I understand the hesitation, but even if politicians don’t know what they’re doing, I wouldn’t say the scientists don’t. I’ve taken every other vaccine required for schooling/travel, so I’m not concerned about this one. Vaccine effects are noticeable quickly, definitely within a few months, and there are millions of people taking the vaccine before me- I think we will know pretty quickly what effects there are. 

I wonder if the US and the UK had not jumped in with emergency measure to get us the vaccine, but Russia's program was implemented if the gist of the conversations would be leaning the other way "Why didn't my country do like the Russians did, and give us an emergency program of vaccines?"

And why did one of our members send me this t-shirt?

image.png.ea585cb9a1b9e61e289db75cdbad0219.png

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Hey maybe the mods can start handing those out instead of warning points ... 😎🙈😳😇

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

The American Medical Association’s Journal of Ethics explored this mandate in 2006 in light of the SARS pandemic. One hundred years prior to SARS, in 1906, the Supreme Court ruled in Jacobsen v. Massachusetts that “each state’s “police power” [which] gives the state authority to enact health laws of every description, including quarantine and vaccination laws, to protect its citizens

2 minutes ago, Naturale said:

The article is 1993.  The organisation doesn't say that anymore.

Congratulations, You get the T-shirt! :D

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

It was mentioned at today's meeting from wt conductor.

Today's announcement from my wt conductor after finishing wt study.

1) Maintaining precautions during the pandemic.

In many communities COVID-19 is spreading very quickly. While we may be alert to take safety precautions, when caring for essential matters that require us to come in contact with the public. We may be inclined to let our guard down when we have necessary contact with family and friends outside of our household. Therefore, we kindly remind you of the importance of taking safety precautions at all times. Such precautions include wearing face coverings, maintaining physical distancing, and washing hands regularly. If you experience cold or flu like symptoms, it would be best for you to stay home and notify your healthcare provider. 

2) COVID-19 vaccine information. 

Several COVID-19 vaccines may soon be approved and become available. Some have asked if these vaccines contain blood or blood fractions. We have confirmed that the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer and Biontech does not contain blood or blood fractions. As details become available regarding other vaccines, additional information will be provided. Medical care is a matter of personal decision. We do not attempt to make choices for others.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, Naturale said:

To force a vaccine would be an abuse of human rights

Yes.  Yes it would.  For this reason alone I do not see it happening in the US or UK.  However, the Anglo-American power is described as IRON mixed with clay.  Force and abuse of human rights is symbolized by ironlike rule.  

21 minutes ago, AH173 said:

We have confirmed that the COVID-19 vaccine manufactured by Pfizer and Biontech does not contain blood or blood fractions.

and the name of this vaccine is officially COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BNT162b2

Here’s a backgrounder from the US National Library of Medicine. 

Edited by Brandon

The article is 1993.  The organisation doesn't say that anymore.

They don’t, but the basic thoughts are still valid, even though science has advanced. What they do say still, though, is that it is something we need to study and make a decision for ourselves and our families. That is still valid.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

So the Russians have named their vaccine "Sputnik"    The word translates as "a traveling Companion"

There was Sputnik 1 which was the first artificial Earth satellite. The Soviet Union launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit on 4 October 1957. It orbited for three weeks before its batteries died and then orbited silently for two months before it fell back into the atmosphere.

Not sure why that is a good name for the vaccine?  Is it to do with being first?  Or is it to do with having a new travelling companion in your body? :D

The vaccine has been said to be unethical (on the BBC news today) as it has been registered before the final stages of testing.  

Edited by Naturale

Here we are 

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/08/12/russias-covid-19-vaccine-breaches-crucial-scientific-and-ethical-international-standards-a71121

"Naming the vaccine Sputnik V, Putin asserted that Russia had won the vaccine race. His action is reckless and dangerous, gambling with the health and safety of the Russian people ...

Vaccines are the only medical treatment given to otherwise healthy people.

That is why vaccines must pass rigorous scientific tests. The Russian vaccine is scientifically plausible, using two adapted strains of the adenovirus to trigger an immune response. But it does not meet even the most basic international scientific standards...

No one should be placed in the position of feeling even subtle pressure to be a human participant. Untested vaccines can cause severe harm. A Covid-19 vaccine, for example, could cause serious adverse reactions. It could even make Covid-19 infections more lethal. In other words, an unproven vaccine can cause thousands of needless hospitalizations and deaths. When the Philippines rolled out a dengue vaccine, it actually caused more severe illness in vaccinated patients..."

Edited by Naturale

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/11/13/more-countries-line-up-for-russias-sputnik-v-coronavirus-vaccine-a72042

More Countries Line Up for Russia’s Sputnik V Coronavirus Vaccine

More than 50 countries have requested to buy or localize production of Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine as the race for a safe and effective vaccine that could end the deadly pandemic heats up across the globe.

In recent weeks, the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) that is marketing Sputnik V has announced plans to sell: 100 million doses to India, 50 million to Brazil, 35 million to Uzbekistan and 32 million to Mexico, as well as 25 million to Nepal and Egypt each.

more countries at the article!

talk about trust!

45 minutes ago, Naturale said:

Not sure why that is a good name for the vaccine?  Is it to do with being first?

Yes, the name is because they beat the US to the release just as they beat the US to be first in space with a satellite. Nothing to do with the meaning of the name or the satellite's longevity ... simply a statement to the US of "See, we were first, again!"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

For those of you who are into science this is a good read on the longevity of memory B cells .. post covid Infection and after 6 months.... after 6 months they found  more memory B cells than post covid infection..

this did not show up in mouse models .. 

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.11.15.383323v1

Here is an important discussion on the use of Vitamin D in fighting  SARS Covid-19 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-77093-z

better than my grandmothers second cousin said.. it is a good thing.. Go out and kiss the Sun ..👍

Edited by Lance

This seems to agree with my last doctors visit. Encouraged me to stay well with proper vitamin levels.

Conclusion

Vitamin D deficiency markedly increases the chance of having severe disease after infection with SARS Cov-2. The intensity of inflammatory response is also higher in vitamin D deficient COVID-19 patients. This all translates to increase morbidity and mortality in COVID-19 patients who are deficient in vitamin D. Keeping the current COVID-19 pandemic in view authors recommend administration of vitamin D supplements to population at risk for COVID-19.

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 12/4/2020 at 11:59 PM, califlorican said:

In the US, flu shots are recommended annually for babies 6 months and up. Maybe it’s different elsewhere? 

And I don’t know what you mean about mutating. If a mother gets a COVID vaccination, the baby won’t need one. They have immunity same as mom.

When I say mutating, the Covid shot will in all likidhood be a twice yearly affair,  like the flu vaccine.  My understanding is you have to set a flu jabs every season because its a new virus or it mutates or wherever.. . The bottom line is we're obviously not talking about one set of injections and its over. If it's not over for us, it wont be over for our children or babies either.  If a mother' s vaccine covers her new born  in the Spring, what will protect it from  the autumn Covid strain?

No in Europe, France at least, children and babies are not given flu shows.  Only old and other vulnerable groups are given flu vaccines.  Well, that is up until now, nos they are recommencent it for everyone.

Edited by sunshine

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Here is an important discussion on the use of Vitamin D in fighting  SARS Covid-19 

better than my grandmothers second cousin said.. it is a good thing.. Go out and kiss the Sun ..👍

I take 5000 IU every day. More because of not much sunshine in the winter here in Michigan. But I also take K2 with it as well as they say they work together or something like that nywy. ☺️

I told my doctor once and she says o no drop down to 2000. I’m like does she not realize we live in Michigan. We se3 more clouds than sun in winter?!

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

We have our weekend meeting on Saturday. And at today's meeting a letter from the Canada branch was read concerning the vaccines we've been hearing about. They tell us that the vaccines from Pfizer and [another company that I forget the name of] are not made with blood or blood fractions. The letter said information on vaccines from other companies will be forthcoming.

(I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the other company.)

3 hours ago, Naturale said:

There was Sputnik 1 which was the first artificial Earth satellite. The Soviet Union launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit on 4 October 1957. It orbited for three weeks before its batteries died and then orbited silently for two months before it fell back into the atmosphere.

Not sure why that is a good name for the vaccine?  Is it to do with being first?  Or is it to do with having a new travelling companion in your body?

Sputnik launched the space race, the most visible technological feat or goal of all time, the race to the moon. 

Creating a covid vaccine in such a short time is equal to the moon shot.  Since Russia never put man on the moon, Sputnik is a good name.