JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 801 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

16 hours ago, Lee49 said:

"in my opinion they are the first ones interested in selling safe and effective treatments."

This company tried to market a safe drug, what a horrible reaction it had!

After 60 years, scientists uncover how thalidomide produced birth defects - https://www.dana-farber.org/newsroom/news-releases/2018/after-60-years--scientists-uncover-how-thalidomide-produced-birth-defects/

"More than 60 years after the drug thalidomide caused birth defects in thousands of children whose mothers took the drug while pregnant, scientists at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute have solved a mystery that has lingered ever since the dangers of the drug first became apparent: how did the drug produce such severe fetal harm?"

It was given for morning sickness. I was expecting my third child and experiencing much of that but I'm so glad I chose not to take it..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Thalidomide is the number one treatment for leprosy and certain cancers. I don't know if it is prescribed for leprosy in the US.  It is to the FDA's credit that they never approved it's use in treating mourning sickness. A month's treatment cost about $2,000 US. That is a lot for something that started out as an prescription free OTC medicine.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

35 minutes ago, Dove said:

I must have been offered it because there was no other way I could have known about it...

As well you might have. Glad you refused it.

Wikipedia: "The US FDA refused to approve thalidomide for marketing and distribution. However, the drug was distributed in large quantities for testing purposes, after the American distributor and manufacturer Richardson-Merrell had applied for its approval in September 1960.

"The official in charge of the FDA review, Frances Oldham Kelsey, did not rely on information from the company, which did not include any test results. Richardson-Merrell was called on to perform tests and report the results. The company demanded approval six times, and was refused each time. Nevertheless, a total of 17 children with thalidomide-induced malformations were born in the US. Oldham Kelsey was given a Presidential award for distinguished service from the federal government for not allowing thalidomide to be approved for sale in the US.[42]"

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

8 hours ago, sunshine said:

With 80-90% vaccinated the 10-20% that hold out will probably be left to do so until they run  out of food (No Codiv passport no entre to public spaces including supermarkets), money ("No jab, no job" as the Australian authorities suggestion ) and/or they could just be rounded up and placed in the quarantine centers being built all over the world until they comply as the New Zealand  Premier said recently regarding travellers.

This is always a possibility, but if it's only 10-20% of the population the government will probably just let them be. Once 80% of the population is immunized the risk of widely spread contagions disappears. They call that "herd immunity". Even among that percentage that won't take the vaccine many may have already had the disease without symptoms and be already immunized. Epidemics in the past used to disappear by themselves when around 60% of the population became immunized (by surviving the disease).

21 hours ago, Lee49 said:

This company tried to market a safe drug, what a horrible reaction it had!

After 60 years, scientists uncover how thalidomide produced birth defects - https://www.dana-farber.org/newsroom/news-releases/2018/after-60-years--scientists-uncover-how-thalidomide-produced-birth-defects/

Thanks, Lawrence. This is a great example to illustrate the point. Thalidomide was a terrible disaster. Obviously the company didn't intentionally sell a drug that produced malformations in fetuses. The problem was that, at the time, very few tests were required in order to approve a drug. And this particular drug worked well. Later it was discovered that it only caused trouble if administered in a very specific period of the pregnancy. If none of the human guinea pigs who participated in testing did it during those specific weeks of pregnancy, there was no way to detect the problem.

It was precisely this case what made most governments (and labs!) establish much stricter procedures with extensive testing in order to allow a drug into the market.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/21/health/regeneron-covid-antibodies-trump.html

F.D.A. Grants Emergency Authorization of Antibody Treatment Given to Trump

The treatment, made by the biotech company Regeneron, is a cocktail of two powerful antibodies that have shown promise in early studies at keeping the infection in check, reducing medical visits in patients who get the drug early in the course of their disease.

2 hours ago, carlos said:

This is always a possibility, but if it's only 10-20% of the population the government will probably just let them be. Once 80% of the population is immunized the risk of widely spread contagions disappears. They call that "herd immunity". Even among that percentage that won't take the vaccine many may have already had the disease without symptoms and be already immunized. Epidemics in the past used to disappear by themselves when around 60% of the population became immunized (by surviving the disease).

Yes, if this was just about public health and herd immunity.  However I think we all know there is more at at play than that, not least because those driving the initiatives the UN, the WHO, the WEF, The World Bank ... etc and their talking heads,  openly state their intentions to use this crisis to remodle life on earth. What percentage will avoid the vaccine? I don't think anyone will and till enjoy freedom,  unless Jehovah steps in.  

51 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Yes, if this was just about public health and herd immunity.  However I think we all know there is more at at play than that, not least because those driving the initiatives the UN, the WHO, the WEF, The World Bank ... etc

Um, I'm going to say, no, we all don't know or agree with this assessment.  But we will stay tuned. 

2 hours ago, sunshine said:

[...]there is more at at play than that, not least because those driving the initiatives the UN, the WHO, the WEF, The World Bank ... etc and their talking heads,  openly state their intentions to use this crisis to remodle life on earth. What percentage will avoid the vaccine? I don't think anyone will and till enjoy freedom,  unless Jehovah steps in.  

This!

5 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Um, I'm going to say, no, we all don't know or agree with this assessment.  But we will stay tuned. 

What I meant is we all know (or at least  I hope we do) that we are in the last days and that this is Satan's system.  And I feel confident we all know who is behind this system and what the future holds for us as a people.  Of course we don't know if it has occured to Satan and the demons to manuipulate global agencies such as the UN  to furthur their ultimate goals, for that we will indeed have to wait and see. If Satan is not using them now, we all know he can. 

What the global agencies and world leaders have planned  off the back of the Codiv epidemic is a matter of public record.

Edited by sunshine

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2020/11/07/state-bar-passes-mandatory-covid-19-vaccination-recommendation/?slreturn=20201022093356

I find this quote from the article rather disturbing : 

The New York State Bar Association on Saturday passed a resolution urging the state to consider making it mandatory for all New Yorkers to undergo COVID-19 vaccination when a vaccine becomes available, even if people object to it for “religious, philosophical or personal reasons.”

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

3 hours ago, cricket246 said:

https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2020/11/07/state-bar-passes-mandatory-covid-19-vaccination-recommendation/?slreturn=20201022093356

I find this quote from the article rather disturbing : 

The New York State Bar Association on Saturday passed a resolution urging the state to consider making it mandatory for all New Yorkers to undergo COVID-19 vaccination when a vaccine becomes available, even if people object to it for “religious, philosophical or personal reasons.”

Yes sis it is disturbing and since this is a powder keg - I will leave it be!  

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/11/22/g20-group-say-they-will-ensure-fair-access-to-covid-19-vaccine

G20 leaders promise fair access to coronavirus vaccines

Leaders of the world’s 20 biggest economies have said they would ensure an affordable and fair distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, drugs and tests around the world so that poorer countries were not left out, according to a final summit communique which, however, gave few specifics.

As the coronavirus pandemic rages – having so far infected 58 million people globally and killing 1.3 million – the club of the world’s richest nations adopted a unified stance on the challenges ahead during the virtual gathering hosted by Saudi Arabia.

13 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Leaders of the world’s 20 biggest economies have said they would ensure an affordable and fair distribution of COVID-19 vaccines

In Australia vaccine will be for free, for entire population. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

7 hours ago, cricket246 said:

even if people object to it for “religious, philosophical or personal reasons

It will be our personal decision if we want the vaccine or not if it is not mandatory. If they try to make it mandatory we will not be able to decline for "religious reasons" unless the vaccine contains blood.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

https://www.webmd.com/children/vaccines/what-are-the-rules-on-vaccine-exemptions

What Are the Rules on Vaccine Exemptions?

What are medical exemptions?

Parents can ask for a medical exemption if a vaccine wouldn't be safe for their child. Reasons that children can get an exemption include:

They have a disease or take medicine that weakens their immune system.

They have a severe allergy to a vaccine or an ingredient in it.

They had a serious reaction to a vaccine in the past.

To get a medical exemption, parents need to have their child's doctor sign a form. Many states ask whether the exemption is temporary or permanent. And almost half of states require doctors to sign a new form every year or so.

What are religious exemptions?

This exemption allows parents to opt their child out of vaccines based on their religious beliefs.

Some states ask for evidence that the family belongs to a religious group that objects to vaccines. Only a few religions object to vaccines, including Christian Scientists and some faith healing groups. But in most states, you can simply sign a form stating that you have religious reasons to opt out.

What are personal or philosophical exemptions?

This exemption is based on parents' personal beliefs about vaccines. Some parents are concerned about vaccine safety.  Others believe that getting sick is good for the child because it strengthens the immune system. Many of these concerns have been debunked, such as a theory that vaccines cause autism.

What are the laws on vaccine exemptions?

All 50 states and the District of Columbia allow medical exemptions. Every state except three -- California, Mississippi, and West Virginia -- allows religious exemptions. And 17 states let parents decline vaccines for personal reasons.

Personal exemptions are harder to get in some states than in others. In certain states, parents have to do one or more of these things to get a personal exemption:

Talk to their doctor or read about the benefits of vaccines and the risks of not vaccinating their children.

Get a signature from a local health department official.

Write a letter that explains their reasons for refusing vaccines.

Renew their exemption form every year.

In 32 states, schools can make unvaccinated students stay home during disease outbreaks.

What are the arguments for vaccine exemptions?

Medical exemptions prevent kids from getting vaccines that might be unsafe for them. Conditions that weaken the immune system, such as a child with cancer undergoing chemotherapy, and severe vaccine allergies are somewhat rare, so few children need these exemptions.

The Truth About Vaccines

Vaccines protect your health and save lives around the world. Here is what you should know.

ABOUT

People who seek personal exemptions say they have a right to decide whether their children should be vaccinated. Vaccine safety is one concern behind exemptions. Some parents fear that the risks of vaccines outweigh the benefits. Most of these worries are based on information they've seen online or in other media, or that they've heard from friends. A commonly cited belief among anti-vaccine groups is that vaccines can cause autism. That belief is based on a 1997 study by a British doctor that was published in the journal The Lancet. The study has since been discredited many times, the doctor lost their medical license, and The Lancet retracted the report. Since then, numerous other studies have found no connection between vaccines and autism.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-highly-073639498.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_11

AstraZeneca: COVID-19 vaccine shown to be 'highly effective'

LONDON (AP) — AstraZeneca said Monday that late-stage trials showed its coronavirus vaccine was up to 90% effective, giving public health officials hope they may soon have access to a vaccine that is cheaper and easier to distribute than some of its rivals.

The results are based on interim analysis of trials in the U.K. and Brazil of a vaccine developed by Oxford University and manufactured by AstraZeneca. No hospitalizations or severe cases of COVID-19 were reported in those receiving the vaccine.

AstraZeneca is the third major drug company to report late-stage results for a potential COVID-19 vaccine as the world anxiously waits for scientific breakthroughs that will bring an end to a pandemic that has wrought economic devastation and resulted in nearly 1.4 million confirmed deaths.

3 minutes ago, Nancy M said:
  •  

Thank you Jay...Most people don't want to hear these facts and statistics. This is a powder keg!

Edited 4 hours ago by blue-jay

Exactly. It's often easier to go along with what the masses believe. That can be dangerous. And we owe it to ourselves and our God given bodies to do real research. Only then can we make an informed decision. 

Same thing happens with religion. Most people want to stick their head  in the sand and stick to what they know. "How could the crazy JW's have the truth?"

I did a lot of studying and made the truth my own. I do the same thing with my health.

And I don't get my info from blog posts and stuff like that. I have several books from reputable doctors in their field. And I discuss things with our family doctor who is very knowledgeable and keeps up to date with research instead of sticking to the old dusty books back from medical school. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:24 AM, SUNRAY said:

Hi Judy..We have moved to another area of Florida, and now live in a senior mobile home park..no restaurant!

My cousin has been encouraging me to live near her family around Tampa. I had been hoping to go this year, but Covid has put that on hold. I visited a few years ago and I really like the area. I hope you have been staying safe with the hurricane increase this season.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

It now openly being said the covid vaccine will be mandatory in Australia when the vaccine is ready for distribution. The PM has said he’s aiming for 95% of the population, in order for it to have the desired effect. He said it will be “as mandatory as you can get”.

The CEO of Qantas said it will be mandatory for international flights in and out of Australia, quite possibly domestic as well.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/coronavirus-vaccinations-will-be-mandatory-to-board-qantas-flights-ceo-alan-joyce-says