JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Covid-19 Vaccine Research, Development, Ingredients and Reactions

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 781 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

For practice: how would we apply Bible principals to the prospect of accepting such vaccinations? 

What scripture principle are you thinking of that might prevent us from taking a vaccine? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

At the moment, many vaccines are using core blood. In Australia some infected with COVID19 will be treated with this core blood, in order to stop the virus. Therefore, we kbow this would be not acceptable, however we know after a time, blood products can and are being synthesized in order to make numerous vaccines

9 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

What scripture principle are you thinking of that might prevent us from taking a vaccine? 

Well “ Give God’s things to God “ maybe?? Do we think it is life threatening? Will it alter our dna and therefore effect something in our fundamental human state? 

On 5/24/2020 at 11:55 AM, Shannie said:

Even if they make a Vaccine  Me My Hubby and Kids Will Not be getting that Posion In a Bottle.

no telling what they put in it ...a rush job to Satisfy the world 🌎 I don’t trust the government.

I echo your concerns also.  FWIW, there's an Australian woman on YT who talks (read: warns) about this co-vid 19 vaccine, but she goes "deep down the rabbit hole" to expose its' true nature as well as other diseases affecting underdeveloped regions (i.e., African countries) and the Chinese gov't hidden agenda/financial stake in that continent. I would not call her a conspiracy theorist because there are people in authority and leaders there expressing similar concerns in online news articles.

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

The crazy thing is that they are hoping to vaccinate up to 7 billion people with this stuff and nobody even knows what it is, let alone the implications and side-effects. 

Thank you Ruben for sharing this info with us.  In the end, it is good to share info and then we can make up our own minds.  Was reading about the mRNA this morning after you posted.  I thought it was similar (yet different of course) to immunotherapy in the way cells are being manipulated to fight off cancer etc.  As I understand it, the mRNA are being manipulated to produce proteins themselves instead of drugs being used, so cells actually cure themselves.  MRNA stands for messenger RNA, and this technology promises to turn our bodies into medicine-making factories, this source says.

https://cen.acs.org/business/start-ups/mRNA-disrupt-drug-industry/96/i35

Here are some possible uses (from the article):

In 2010 Harvard University scientist Derrick Rossi used modified mRNA to encode proteins that reprogrammed adult cells into embryonic-like stem cells. 

In their academic labs, Rossi and Chien injected mRNA encoding a protein called vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) directly into the hearts of mice. Scientists had long surmised that VEGF could heal heart tissue damaged during a heart attack, but VEGF proteins don’t stick around long enough, so simply injecting the proteins doesn’t work. The VEGF-encoding mRNA, however, lingered in cells, making enough of the protein to improve the animals’ survival and health after a heart attack.

Moderna has revealed the blueprints for one such system used to ensure its mRNA is made only inside cancer cells. Moderna scientist Ruchi Jain designed an mRNA that causes cancer cells to self-destruct but is recognized by, and destroyed in, healthy cells.

If Moderna and others can work out all the technical challenges, mRNA’s killer application could be making protein therapies inside cells, a place that biologic drugs cannot go. Many rare genetic diseases are marked by dysfunctional or deficient proteins. (end of quotes from article)

Humans have done extraordinary things with science and medicine.  This is worth considering as an idea, but no one should rush in with such new technology and the promises mere humans can make.  Ultimately, humans will never know the workings out of how we are made.  But this is a good look at what is possible if these therapies are safe in the future, or if they ever will be even possible.  

38 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

Well “ Give God’s things to God “ maybe?? Do we think it is life threatening? Will it alter our dna and therefore effect something in our fundamental human state? 

I'm personally using Matt 6:34 and will wait until there is more information. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

That’s well enough. If your the anxious sort. 

No, I'm not the anxious sort at all, I just like Jesus advice...

1 hour ago, Omoyeme said:

I echo your concerns also.  FWIW, there's an Australian woman on YT who talks (read: warns) about this co-vid 19 vaccine, but she goes "deep down the rabbit hole" to expose its' true nature as well as other diseases affecting underdeveloped regions (i.e., African countries) and the Chinese gov't hidden agenda/financial stake in that continent. I would not call her a conspiracy theorist because there are people in authority and leaders there expressing similar concerns in online news articles.

Which vaccine is that? There is no vaccine for covid 19 yet. How can they make comments before there is a vaccine. I have my thoughts but will keep quiet.

Edited by Mykyl

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Is that worse than being bitten by a radioactive spider?

It won't give you superpowers, but chances are you might get an autoimmune disease or cancer in the long run. That's why we need long term studies first. But, you know, greed. .

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

Well, 2 Cor. 7:1 comes to mind. I don't know, we wouldn't smoke marijuana for health reasons, so why should I infect my cells with an artificial virus that was created using tissue from aborted babies?

https://www.preciouslife.com/news/887/leading-coronavirus-vaccine-development-uses-cells-of-aborted-babies/

This why I suggested the “ Practice “ just for the emerging scenarios which may very well prove to apply. And as the above article revealed. The vaccine for chicken pox, shingles, and rubella, are all made using fetal stem cells.  Ugh!

Edited by BenJepthah

44 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

This why I suggested the “ Practice “ just for the emerging scenarios which may very well prove to apply. And as the above article revealed. The vaccine for chicken pox, shingles, and rubella, are all made using fetal stem cells.  Ugh!

This is why we just need God's kingdom mwee

4 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Which vaccine is that? There is no vaccine for covid 19 yet. How can they make comments before there is a vaccine. I have my thoughts but will keep quiet.

I don't know where you have this idea from. There are several vaccines already well on their way and some have gone through some makeshift trials by now.

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-positive-interim-phase-1-data-its-mrna-vaccine

They are trying to fast-track this as much as they can.. Trump has called this "operation warp speed".. you can bet they will be cutting as many corners as they can, in any case, no long term side-effects will be known by the time they roll out the first shots.

What really bothers me is the influence Bill Gates now has on world politics. Who is this clown?? When did he become world president? 

One of the questions I get asked the most these days is when the world will be able to go back to the way things were in December before the coronavirus pandemic. My answer is always the same: when we have an almost perfect drug to treat COVID-19, or when almost every person on the planet has been vaccinated against coronavirus.

The former is unlikely to happen anytime soon. We’d need a miracle treatment that was at least 95 percent effective to stop the outbreak. 

Seriously, who asked this guy? The guy could never make a proper operating system that was safe, but the world is desperately clinging to his lips hoping he will save the world like some kind of new age messiah?? 

I'm glad he says "almost every person on the planet", because I most certainly am one of the others. 

Edited by ChocoBro

Interesting discussion of RNA vaccines..Further down in the article...In order to store vaccine without freezing, some alteration can be made..Furthermore, OTHER MOLECULES can be added to bind the RNA and protect it.  These "other molecules" or other substances in the RNA vaccine for Covid-19 is the information I am looking for, because ANY substance injected might cause a bad immune response..especially for those of us with either poor immune systems or overactive immune systems, or mis-directed immune response that attacks healthy cells. So..other ingredients in vaccines are what I would want to know, if anyone has access to such information. http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/rna-vaccines-a-novel-technology-to-prevent-and-treat-disease/

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Covid-19 Vaccine Discussion 

By SUNRAY

Any input on ingredients of new vaccines?

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

I don't know where you have this idea from. There are several vaccines already well on their way and some have gone through some makeshift trials by now.

None are mentioned as being the actual vaccine for covid 19.

They are all potential vaccines if things go well in testing.

Of those that are being tested do they all have the same features etc that allows them all to be talked about as the covid19 vaccine?

Any current discussions on YouTube etc on THE covid 19 vaccine is based on supposition and not fact until one of them comes to the fore as an actual usable working vaccine that they are about to mass produce.

Until then nobody knows exactly what they should be discussing.

But that's just how I see it for now.

Edited by Mykyl

It’s good to fact check the claims around mRNA and other vaccines. You can then make up your own mind about what to do if that option is offered. 

Regarding the the claim that mRNA technology will alter your DNA, here is something that debunks that:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/may/20/facebook-posts/no-specific-covid-19-vaccine-experimental-or-other/

In part:

“The second half of this claim, that these vaccines would "permanently alter your DNA" is incorrect. An article in Frontiers on Immunology analyzed new studies that found mRNA "cannot potentially integrate into the host genome and will be degraded naturally." Basically, after the messenger molecules create antigens for the body to react to, they will naturally stop being used and break down.”

Vaccines for children are compulsory in France and not a big deal.  If they make them compulsory I guess I'll have to take it (when I say compulsory I mean if you need certification you've had one for health insurance, access to travel, benefits, banking services and workspace). In any case I suppose it's a conscience matter, I certainly wouldn't  want to take it but I suppose I'll bite the bullet if I have no choice. 

I dont see that it will be an issue until this autumn, and I don't think there will be any pressure to take it until next spring at the earliest.  Armageddon could have come by then, one day at a time.

“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened.”

― Mark Twain

Edited by sunshine

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know this!!!  This applies to Western Australia, but maybe something similar in your state?

"The Public Health Act 2016 does set out powers that allow an authorised emergency officer to direct a person, including a child, to be tested and vaccinated under a public health state of emergency. 

The act also gives emergency officers the power to use "reasonable force to ensure that the direction is complied with" including the removal of underwear if necessary.

While those powers are clearly considerable, the legislation also provides safeguards, including that the powers can only be used on the authorisation of the state’s Chief Health Officer, currently Andrew Robertson.

He told Fact Check that directions had been issued during the pandemic to require people to undergo testing for COVID-19, and that the act's powers could further be used to compel people to be vaccinated should a vaccine become available.

He added that the section of legislation allowing for the forced removal of clothes had not been used.

On whether children at school could be forced to undergo testing or vaccination, David Cox, of the Law Reform Commission of Western Australia, said it was theoretically possible but was "not going to happen". He said the social media claim was "misleading, in the sense that it fails to address the safeguards that would always be applicable in any event"."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-17/fact-check-wa-emergency-powers-vaccination-covid-19/12349842

• 2 months later...

Coronavirus is Here to Stay for a Very Long Time... some who have supposedly recovered

have now once again became infected....

not sure why Covid kills some and then spares others...

But it does...Again Covid is here to stay for a long while there is no cure and no vaccine and if they did come out with a Vaccine like they are claiming to have human plasma oh no ...

posion... Me an d my Family wil not be getting the vaccine even if they come out with one 

Edited by Mephibosheth

18 minutes ago, Shannie said:

Coronavirus is Here to Stay for a Very Long Time... some who have supposedly recovered

But it does...Again Covid is here to stay for a long while there is no cure and no vaccine and if they did come out with a Vaccine like they are claiming to have human plasma oh no ...

posion... Me an d my Family wil not be getting the vaccine even if they come out with one 

It's reckoned that there are multiple companies working on getting a vaccine out there. After all, whoever gets there first could end up making a fortune.

Vaccination is of course a personal matter, and decisions have to made on conscience. In my own case I'm not dismissing anything at this stage.

10 hours ago, Shannie said:

Nah, I don't believe most of that. Those are mostly fake news spread by organizations with a political agenda. IMO one year from now this virus will be a thing of the past.

There are several companies investing many millions in developing vaccines, in fact there are several vaccines already developed with promising results, although they need to be further tested for side effects. Of course, taking a vaccine or not is a personal choice (unless it's made compulsory by the government), but that decision must be based on facts, not on lies. It's simply false that covid19 vaccines contain human plasma or that they are poisonous.

I don't believe it's true that people can get reinfected, at least not in normal conditions. Nearly 30 million individuals have been infected worldwide. If they could be reinfected we would be seeing hundreds of thousands of reinfected patients, and yet there are only a handful of those cases, and all of them rather dubious. IMO it's quite evident that surviving the virus gives you immunity, as with most viruses. Of course, that immunity might not protect you from a very different mutated strain of the virus, but so far that hasn't happened.

This is not the first pandemic in history, and certainly not the worst one. In the 14th century the black plague killed approximately half of the population of Europe, Asia and Africa, some 200 million people. Between 1918 and 1919 the Spanish flu pandemic spread throughout the world, killing 40 million people (the deaths by covid19 haven't reached 1 million yet). And yet all pandemics in history disappeared by themselves at some point, even though people at the time did not have vaccines, medicines or any of the advanced medical knowledge we have now. After an important percentage of the population becomes immunized, all pandemics lose steam and disappear.

29 minutes ago, carlos said:

After an important percentage of the population becomes immunized, all pandemics lose steam and disappear.

COVID-19 is a coronavirus. But there's a possibility that there never will be a vaccine for it. I saw an article somewhere saying there might not be one. (I can't locate the article at the moment). It mentioned that in 2003 there was another coronavirus going around called SARS. There never was a vaccine for that either. It just kind of died out on its own. Or, maybe COVID-19 has a staying power that will ultimately necessitate a vaccine anyway. That all remains to be seen.

20 minutes ago, Sheep said:

COVID-19 is a coronavirus. But there's a possibility that there never will be a vaccine for it. I saw an article somewhere saying there might not be one. (I can't locate the article at the moment). It mentioned that in 2003 there was another coronavirus going around called SARS. There never was a vaccine for that either. It just kind of died out on its own. Or, maybe COVID-19 has a staying power that will ultimately necessitate a vaccine anyway. That all remains to be seen.

You are right, there are many things about this virus that we don't know yet. If it proved true that one doesn't become immunized by having it, that would mean that vaccines are useless too. But I don't think that's the case.

It's true that there was never a vaccine for SARS, but not because it was impossible to develop, but rather because that virus died out quickly so research companies lost interest in developing a vaccine that nobody would buy.

I read today that, since covid19 belongs to the same family as the viruses that cause the common cold (all called coronavirus), it seems that some people who recover from a cold are immunized against covid19 too. If that's true it's very good news. That would mean a high percentage of the population will soon be immunized.

Edited by carlos

Doing some research on the Black Plague I discovered that one of the things they credit for the plague finally "going away" was "quarantine". Not because they knew to do that or because it was mandated.

We have to remember that, back in the 14th century they did not have mass media, the Internet or many other means to expedite recommended treatments. They also didn't have airplanes and other mass, fast transportation to take the pandemic to places where it hadn't yet reached. Yes, it covered a large area but it was not "worldwide" like C-19. It seems that many just became too fearful of the plague that they quit going outside and others who were not infected and could afford it moved away to areas that were not affected. By removing new, available hosts the virus ran it's course and died off due to no having no more non-immune people to infect. Of course, they did not know at the time that their actions constituted a "quarantine" - they were just in such fear that they valued their lives more than their "freedoms".

With the current C-19 pandemic the "stay-at-home" directions that were recommended gave a good start on the type of quarantine that stopped the plague - thus the reason the numbers went down and did not come near the deaths that were predicted - but, people got "bored" and demanded their "freedom/rights" and started going back to "normal" - thus the reason numbers in many areas have gone back up.

We have to remember that, in the 14th century, they were NOT living in the "time of the end" like we are - so we can't expect people to act with reason since they are much more "lovers of themselves, lovers of money, haughty, unthankful, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, without self-control, without love of goodness, headstrong, puffed up with pride, and lovers of pleasures" - so, this virus may not just "go away" unless a vaccine can be produced that actually works or enough people become infected to produce sufficient natural immunity.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~