JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

https://www.reuters.com/technology/un-security-council-hold-first-talks-ai-risks-2023-07-16/

”LONDON, July 17 (Reuters) - The United Nations Security Council will hold its first formal discussion on artificial intelligence (AI) this week in New York, with Britain to call for an international dialogue about its impact on global peace and security.”

I didnt think about AI and peace and security. But of course it can have an impact on it. 

On 7/16/2023 at 11:50 PM, LindaViktoria said:

I didnt think about AI and peace and security. But of course it can have an impact on it. 

There were several movies about the subject but the one that stands out is this one:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086567/

It was a nailbiter.

Alternatively, there was the famous Dr Strangelove about a military person who loses his mind: https://archive.org/details/dr-strangelove-1964

On 7/17/2023 at 7:50 AM, LindaViktoria said:

https://www.reuters.com/technology/un-security-council-hold-first-talks-ai-risks-2023-07-16/

”LONDON, July 17 (Reuters) - The United Nations Security Council will hold its first formal discussion on artificial intelligence (AI) this week in New York, with Britain to call for an international dialogue about its impact on global peace and security.”

It’s something that’s crossed my mind. If ai could be used to help solve some of their issues. Imagine if something humans created could replace a need for god to solve anything in their minds. Would honestly be a final nail in their coffins. 🤷‍♂️

53 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Imagine if something humans created could replace a need for god to solve anything in their minds. Would honestly be a final nail in their coffins. 🤷‍♂️

So true.   Instead of exclaiming "We found God!".  They will say "We've made God!"

God will reside in their smartphone.  Available 24/7.   No personal changes expected.

4 hours ago, Doug said:

So true.   Instead of exclaiming "We found God!".  They will say "We've made God!"

God will reside in their smartphone.  Available 24/7.   No personal changes expected.

A golden calf for Information Age, indeed. 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

If we weren't sure about the sequence of events ahead,  Br. Hermanus van Selm's Obedience is a Protection cleared things up.

Babylon the Great destroyed.

Judgement message* with the anointed by our side.

Nations enraged, collaborate together to attack us while anointed are present.

Anointed taken.

Armageddon

* - He still says we "may deliver a hard-hitting judgement message".   Not dogmatic about that.

39 minutes ago, Doug said:

If we weren't sure about the sequence of events ahead,  Br. Hermanus van Selm's Obedience is a Protection cleared things up.

Babylon the Great destroyed.

Judgement message* with the anointed by our side.

Nations enraged, collaborate together to attack us while anointed are present.

Anointed taken.

Armageddon

* - He still says we "may deliver a hard-hitting judgement message".   Not dogmatic about that.

We should practice it our family worship. Have someone in the family knock on the door and tell them the nations are soon to be destroyed and the rest of the family try to attack who is at the door. This ought to be lively and fun too. A good old family fight. The good old days are back again!

45 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

We should practice it our family worship. Have someone in the family knock on the door and tell them the nations are soon to be destroyed and the rest of the family try to attack who is at the door. This ought to be lively and fun too. A good old family fight. The good old days are back again!

In my opinion it is not a fun to play with children how to scary people. Now it is a time to say how merciful is our God 

6 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Let's wait for instructions about this :D We aren't in the judgement message yet, if ever :D 

6 hours ago, Dages said:

Let's wait for instructions about this :D We aren't in the judgement message yet, if ever :D 

I was thinking that the FDS has not watered-down the truth and have boldly published it.

So, maybe the judgement message will be handled by the mainstream media and social media reporting on what JW's have been saying that political governments are doomed.  They could simply quote from our website and anyone could go to the site to confirm.

Although I've sort of thought of the judgement message as the last opportunity to make our choice crystal clear.   And those not willing to participate may drop out at the last moment?  But would Jehovah give us an assignment like the judgement message for the purpose of weeding out some?

4 hours ago, Doug said:

I was thinking that the FDS has not watered-down the truth and have boldly published it.

So, maybe the judgement message will be handled by the mainstream media and social media reporting on what JW's have been saying that political governments are doomed.  They could simply quote from our website and anyone could go to the site to confirm.

Although I've sort of thought of the judgement message as the last opportunity to make our choice crystal clear.   And those not willing to participate may drop out at the last moment?  But would Jehovah give us an assignment like the judgement message for the purpose of weeding out some?

In this book the writer imagined it as a final video that we would share and likely got shared on multiple news outlets and other places. I liked that idea.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 hours ago, zoebarry said:

I highly doubt that we will deliver the judgment message door to door.

I believe it will delivered by another means.

What makes you say that? Just curious. Did I miss something from the slave?

"Where the scriptures and and the slave are silent, I do not speak." :bible2:

4 minutes ago, Watching and Waiting said:

What makes you say that? Just curious. Did I miss something from the slave?

The Slave is not yet 100% certain what or how this judgment message will be delivered. You have not missed anything because nothing has been shared yet. 

@zoebarry's idea is just as valid as anyone else at this point.  As suggested, we might simply deliver a tract with a link to a website where the message will be streamed.

:shrugs:

10 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

As suggested, we might simply deliver a tract with a link to a website where the message will be streamed.

Sandwich boards. I want to wear sandwich boards, i have never done that.

"Religion was a Snare and a Racket and so are the World Governments" 👍

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

If we go door to door, we won’t find many home. But it will be a big test of faith. 

So what is the purpose of this hard-hitting message? To tell them it’s ending. Our obedience can be tested in other ways, like obeying directions from fds. But, only my musings of course. 

46 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

If we go door to door, we won’t find many home. But it will be a big test of faith. 

So what is the purpose of this hard-hitting message? To tell them it’s ending. 

Assuming the political players believe they have removed the core problem of religion, and believe that they can begin to run things smoothly without interference,  They would see the destruction of religion as a major advancement for the world.  They will be spilling the champagne.

If that's the mood, then the judgement message will come as a great shock and annoyance to them.  They will believe they had exterminated all the cockroaches, only to find out there is still one cockroach that they missed - those JW's!

And the judgement message will advise and inform them that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's special property and now they are touching the pupil of His eye. 

Maybe the message will quote Psalm 110:5,6  "Jehovah will crush kings on the day of his anger.  He will execute judgement against the nations.  He will fill the land with dead bodies.  He will crush the leaders."

Too subtle???     :S

Most likely, it will be to put them on notice that their imminent destruction is coming from the God they've ignored and denied, namely, the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. Who better than his Witnesses to deliver that message as a fitting climax to the warning message we've been delivering all throughout the last days.

"And I will certainly magnify myself and sanctify myself and make myself known before the eyes of many nations; and they will have to know that I am Jehovah." --- Ezekiel 38:23

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

48 minutes ago, Doug said:

Assuming the political players believe they have removed the core problem of religion, and believe that they can begin to run things smoothly without interference,  They would see the destruction of religion as a major advancement for the world.  They will be spilling the champagne.

If that's the mood, then the judgement message will come as a great shock and annoyance to them.  They will believe they had exterminated all the cockroaches, only to find out there is still one cockroach that they missed - those JW's!

And the judgement message will advise and inform them that Jehovah's Witnesses are God's special property and now they are touching the pupil of His eye. 

Maybe the message will quote Psalm 110:5,6  "Jehovah will crush kings on the day of his anger.  He will execute judgement against the nations.  He will fill the land with dead bodies.  He will crush the leaders."

Too subtle???     :S

And they will find out that some witnesses are grasshoppers, not cockroaches... (Isaiah 40:22)

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Sandwich boards. I want to wear sandwich boards, i have never done that.

"Religion was a Snare and a Racket and so are the World Governments" 👍

I’ve always wanted to do that too!  I love the snare and a racket message! 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”