JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2024 July Monthly Broadcast

Great broadcast, really what I needed. The song for the month which I didn't see the title was a great reminder that problems in this world big or small are mostly unavoidable. From the brother who just changed the tire, then ran over the bike with the spare would be frustrating. Then the couple with their bills. I really liked the lyric "Take a deep breath, Pause and reset. We're just taking a moment to change our focus". 

We were recently up cleaning our daughters gravestone, when a beautiful ladybug landed on our fingers. It was just a small thing, but Debbie and I really appreciated the reminder of God's creation. 

Lastly, I always find myself caught up in the video postcard that ends the JW broadcasting this month Burundi. It makes me want to visit to see Lake Tanganyika! I always find myself waving back to the congregation shown! So much to think about, will watch it again later in the week.

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light"

That morning worship by Brother Splane was fantastic. I never thought about things like that before. I never imagined the possibility that Potifar could’ve been there when Joseph was given his new authority by Pharaoh and that the possibility exists that Jehovah included several things into the Mosaic Law based on what happened to Joseph. I love his talks so much. That was something to really think about and a wonderful morning worship to have handy to watch anytime we suffer even when we’re doing the right thing. 

And... the new original song is entitled Pause and Reset. I made an mp3 file out of it and posted it in my music collection. With it are the lyrics and the official song photo (that will be used to identify the song on jw.org when the song is officially released).

If you don't have the link to my music collection, drop me a PM.

36 minutes ago, Sofia said:

Rebeca is so beautiful 🤩 

wonderful video about her.

i liked the nose piercing 🤗

You liked it, Sofia? If I understood correctly: we put the ring on from the moment she was promised to Isaac, and as her mother also wore one but not her young cousin I deduced that it was like a wedding ring that the 'we carried it to the nostril. Perhaps they had not yet understood that fingers could serve the same purpose.

I found the noce piercing a little big, to be honest, not discreet enough. They didn't help me love them.

41 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

You liked it, Sofia? If I understood correctly: we put the ring on from the moment she was promised to Isaac, and as her mother also wore one but not her young cousin I deduced that it was like a wedding ring that the 'we carried it to the nostril. Perhaps they had not yet understood that fingers could serve the same purpose.

I found the noce piercing a little big, to be honest, not discreet enough. They didn't help me love them.

Silly me-: Rebecca was already wearing a ring, a tiny one, when she met Eliezer. The servant just gave her a bigger one when he chose her as Isaac's wife.

1 hour ago, Dolce vita said:

In the book of Genesis, it says thas Eliezer took the bracelets and nose ring and gave them to Rebekah 'before' he even knew her father's name and before he agreed to go to her house.  I am not sure that was for a sign of marriage.

Gen 24:23..."When the camels had finished drinking, the man took out for her a gold nose ring weighing a half shekel and two bracelets of gold weighing ten shekels,23 and he said: “Please tell me, whose daughter are you? Is there any room at your father’s house for us to spend the night?”

4 hours ago, Araujo JW said:

Don't miss news for the sisters in the next Update. :laugh:

Update # ?? “Piercings and tattoos” 😜

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

4 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

I liked it because it was different from what we are used to see

I liked it also because the research team works hard to give us the most of details on video

On video we see details we miss in reading

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Im deeply touched with the finish sister who was Lutheran.

Searching for the truth for so long 

Losing tragically the love of her life 💔

And teaching: well this is what us Lutherans teach but that’s NOT WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS :lol1:

21 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

I thought I was the only one who found the piercing rather big and out of shape with the nose. Oh, well!

6 minutes ago, Ostria said:

He says 1513 BCE, then he says 400 years would be 1913 BCE. Shouldnt it be 1113? Since BCE goes backwards?

The 400 years of affliction started in 1913 BCE when Ishmael started harassing Isaac and finished in 1513 BCE when the Israelites left Egypt. :)