JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Tortuga

Lessons learned at JWTalks..

Based on a post in another topic I thought it would be fun to list some of the 'life's lessons' we have learned at JWT.

I think it would be interesting to create a bullet list of items that we could condense into a Top 10 list or the 10 Commandments of JWTalks. I'll start it off by plagiarizing from another thread..

Be a little less judgmental

Stop and think before posting

At times just move on and leave it. 

Look at the "spirit" of the post, not the "letter" of it - don't knitpick about spelling and punctuation but look at each post with an understanding heart and be ready and alert to give encouragement and help.

Another lesson learned: Never cross a mod that looks like a Borg - you WILL be assimilated!

Type out your response....read it aloud then walk away before hitting submit.  When you return, if you are still feel comfortable with what you've said, and the TONE is correct, then hit submit.  We have such a short window to edit our comments here.  Make sure you check the tone, snark/sarcasm and grammar before hitting submit and you will have few problems with others reacting unfavorably to what you have to say.

Edited by MzT

This is more a personal preference, but, unless you want to highlight a specific point in your post, please use black as your default font color. Especially if you want all members to be able to read it (or, want to read it)

Fancy script and wild colors, just make me move on to the next post. Take a lesson from our publications, the Branch strives to make them readable to all. 

Again, not a rule, just my opinion. 

Great responses!

Here are a couple in Olde English just for the fun of it.

Thou shalt ask questions to clarify thine understanding before thou doth reply.

Thou shall overlook others minor misspellings and grammatical errors.

I think it would be interesting to create a bullet list of items that we could condense into a Top 10 list or the 10 Commandments of JWTalks. 

When this thread dies off, I'll collect all the comments and create a poll so we can create a Top 10 list from the poll results..

Does that sound like a good idea?

Oh, to stay on topic

- Ask for opinions..

:)

If you site a website, PLEASE, put a little info on what it is about.

Most of us don't want to open another website and find out that it is not what we are interested in and it may have adware, spyware or something else that we don't need.