JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I'm thinking of installing the latest build on my 8.1 desktop. I'd rather upgrade than install from scratch, which folders will be left taking up extra space after the installation?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

With updating. You will have an old windows folder and a couple more - one contains win 10 update files  ( EFI folder ) and temp cloud folder. This is not a clean install.

However you maybe able to use win 8.x migration wizard then do clean install and restore files/programs from current configuration.

If I remember - will send in a ? about it. ( I hate meds that affect memory ).

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Win 10 build 10147 not official but usable. Looks like you now need to enter code - also at link.

32 bit for systems with 3 Gb or less Ram. 64 bit for above 3 Gb ram

http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-10-build-10147-iso-32-64-bit-free-download/#more-28841

kitten helping to type. B)

Or you can use Iobit start menu 8 - free -now works with win 10. I will hold off myself till see what final start menu looks like. 10147 is better - however won't let you choose fast ring for updates. Official insider build to be released ? within a few days. Of note updated- win 10 is free to those who continue to preview win 10 ( those without valid win 7 or 8.x license ). There is also an update for 10130 to fix updating to new builds.

That update fix for next build in 10130 is only if you use core ( basic ) win 10 install.

I tried build 10147 clean install and when added a couple of updates ( which did a security update  for net 3.5) some icons including L click mouse on start would not work properly.

Did an upgrade from 10130 to 10147 and works fine including setting for fast ring updates to next builds.

Supposed to be official build release by next week, especially since they are releasing developers toolkit.

so if i down load it will it come with all the drivers i need 

and will i need to re-load the printer and other programs like word and KHconf program  

the printer is about 2 years old will it work on win 10

Should work no problem with win 10. Some drivers may still need updating, however depends upon how old they are.

On my win 10 puter the video card is legacy ATI form over 10 years ago and latest drivers were for vista. It works but...has issues. Running old Dell Dimension C521 with 320 Gb HDD partitioned in 2.

I re-installed 10130 , set it to fast ring then updated to unofficial release 10147. Fast ring now enabled.

Notice that new browser Edge is here. Right click start menu view too.post-5252-0-32689800-1435416717_thumb.jp

Noticed a typo in earlier post -Wise Care 365 Dec/14 pro version does NOT work with check up window/cleaning. It makes left click not work on start menu, Edge, store and info notifications. Other features do work - just don't use normal checkup and clean function.

Newer versions may work - are supposed to - however I got free pro version - no free updates - last Dec.

Edited by pnutts

i tryed Reserve a free upgrade but it look like im going to have to go out and 

by it i put a new heard drive in and windows 7 in  my self and i dont have the little window icon 

that it show to reserve the upgrade so um thinking of just buying a new computer 

this one is on it last legs any way 

i tryed to put in widows 8 it said my processor was to slow 

:deadhorse::pistols:(td)

If you can back up your important work, try an insider build say 10130 Pro ( sign up 1st as an insider with hotmail or outlook email ) then update to 10158 Pro. Try 32 bit for your current computer.

When you tried to update to win 8.x was it 32 bit ( x86 ) or 64 bit ( X64 )?  It makes a huge difference.

Edited by pnutts

Build 10162 released last evening to fast ring. 3rd build this week. Updating right now. Was away yesterday.

Edited by pnutts

New win 10 to be released this week and RTM could be signed off as early as Thursday July 9th with it available to fast ring insiders when????

I hope they have fixed 3rd party browser problems esp. when viewing Hotmail

Edited by pnutts

One question:

Is it possible to install win10 from win 8.1 without the need to reinstall all the other apps? Or is it required a fresh install?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Win 10 can update from win 7 and 8.x with or without keeping other apps. Some may need to be repaired, but settings should remain.

Personally I prefer clean installs where possible.

I think I will make an iso from downloaded source file then do a clean install from dvd ( you have input CD code this way - it was updated to new code a couple of weeks ago )

Edited by pnutts

I think I will make an iso from downloaded source file then do a clean install from dvd ( you have input CD code this way - it was updated to new code a couple of weeks ago )

For "CD code" do you mean your Windows 7 serial key to prove you are eligible for the upgrade? It would need this if you are doing a clean install, right?

For "CD code" do you mean your Windows 7 serial key to prove you are eligible for the upgrade? It would need this if you are doing a clean install, right?

For build preview clean install there is a code like win 7 & 8.x. I recommend if doing previews to always use latest serial code as expiry date of build is tied in with it.

Current codes for various flavors of win 10

Windows 10 Core: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3

Windows 10 Pro: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M—TXYCV

Windows 10 Enterprise: CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K

Windows 10 Core Single Language: JPYNJ-XTFCR-372YJ-YJJ3Q-G83YB

Windows 10 Core Chinese Language Edition: R3BYW-CBNWT-F3JTP-FM942-BTDXY