JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting at Orlando Gay Bar

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2865 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

Police: Approximately 20 dead inside Florida nightclub after mass shooting

Terrorism is terrorism, be it international or domestic...straight or gay.

Looking forward to the VERY near future...when there won't be terrorism of ANY kind...not even called to mind.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

And to think this happened while I was sleeping just a little over an hour away ......

Just shows you, you never know what Satan and his world are going to do next - Please! Kingdom Come!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

The incident is being investigated as an act of terrorism. Mir Seddique, Mateen's father, told NBC News, "this has nothing to do with religion." Seddique said his son got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a couple of months ago and thinks that may be related to the shooting.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/orlando-nightclub-shooting-emergency-services-respond-reports-gunman-n590446

It's tragic no doubt, ...but to label this crime the worst mass shooting in U.S. history?   I can't wrap my mind around that phrase.

Understanding all that I've researched about American history, the terms "massacre" and "genocide" are more profound.  But I digress.

6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

It's tragic no doubt, ...but to label this crime the worst mass shooting in U.S. history?   I can't wrap my mind around that phrase.

Understanding all that I've researched about American history, the terms "massacre" and "genocide" are more profound.  But I digress.

It appears to be the most victims from any single shooting rampage in history.

"Worse mass shooting in US history? Perhaps in recent history. 'Twas nt that long ago when genocide was being committed against indiginious people who just happened to live here. On and that was coveted. I know, two sides to the story, but I'd venture to think the number of dead was in the hundreds of thousands. Satan on the rampage...

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Sorry, but, here goes:

"The deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history." Not even close! CNN better get there history right! What happened in Florida is a terrible act of hate but we cannot label it "as deadliest mass shooting" because that is a direct violation of the history of this country and the lives and memories of those killed in the historical acts of hate in this county. 

Wounded Knee (1890) - Following the introduction of the Ghost Dance  among the Lakota and the killing ofSitting Bull on December 15, 1890, a Miniconjou band of Lakota  led by Chief Spotted Elk (Big Foot) fled the reservation. However, when U.S. troops caught up with them, they surrendered. The surrender turned into tragedy when a gun discharged as the troops were gathering the Indian's weapons, leading to a virtual massacre of Spotted Elk’s  band on December 29, 1890. Of the Lakota,  150-300 killed: 84 men killed, 44 women and 18 children killed, 51 wounded (7 fatally). 

Sand Creek (1864) - This was one of the most sordid affairs between the white settlers andAmerican Indians in U.S. History. The massacre, occurring on November 29, 1864, was led by Commander, John M. Chivington, was made upon Black Kettle’s village, nestled along Sand Creek in southeastern Colorado. Though the Cheyenne  were flying an American flag over their village and had already surrendered, Chivington, who was a known "Indian hater" attacked anyway, leaving more than 200 Cheyenne, mainly women and children, dead. 

Blue water creek (1856) - In this battle, 600 soldiers attacked 250 Sioux, killing 86 people. In March 1856, without jurisdiction to do so, led by General William Harney. While the battle was hailed by many newspapers as a heroic victory over the Indians, critics decried it as "outright butchery".

Big Dry Wash (1882) - In what is now Cocnino County,Arizona a column of the 6th Cavalry from Fort Whipple led by Captain Adna R. Chaffee mauled a party of 54 White Mountain Apaches led by Nantiatish on July 17, 1882. 

Camp Grant Massacre (1871) - April 30, 1871, an angry mob of citizens from Tucson  attacked the Aravaipa camp, clubbing, shooti144 people, mostly women and children. All but eight of the corpses were women and children, as the men had been off hunting in the mountains. The attack was made in retaliation for a Gila Apach raid in which six people had been killed and some livestock stolen. Twenty-seven children who were captured, were sold in Mexico by the Papago Indians. 

Bloody Island massacre (1850) California. 60-100 killed. Retaliation by a Cavalry Regiment of the US Army for the murder of Frontiersman Andrew Kelsey and Charles Stone. 

Indian Island Massacre On February 26, 1860, over one hundred Wiyot men, women and children were massacred during a World Renewal Ceremony. The massacre was carried out by European immigrants who had settled in the Eureka area since 1850 as part of the California Gold Rush. 

Lawrence massacre (1863) Kansas. 185-200 killed.Confederates  killed civilians and burned a quarter of the town. (Non-Native)

Colfax massacre (1873) Louisiana.83-153 Blacks killed at courthouse. (Non-Native)

Paoli massacre (1777) Pennsylvania. 200 killed. Patriots under command of General Anthony Wayne killed by British Soldiers under command of General Charles Grey. (Non-Native)

Waxhaw massacre (1780) South Carolina. 118 killed, 150 wounded, 53 captured by British against American Revolutionary soldiers. (Non-Native)

Fort pillow massacre (1864) Tennessee. 297 Killed, Federal black troops by Confederate soldiers. (Non-Native)

Goliad massacre (1836) Texas. 300 + killed, 28 escaped, 100 spared as prisoners in mass killing ordered by Santa Anna. (Non-Native) 

Mountain meadows massacure (1857)  Utah. 100-140 killed. Emigrant wagon train annihilated by the Mormon Utah Territorial Militia. (Non-Native)

These are a few massacre’s committed by the U.S. Calvary, by the U.S. Government, under the U.S. Flag. Even when the ‘white-flag of truce’ was waved by the Tribes these killings still took place. 

And let’s not forget the infamous “Trail of Tears”   Approximately 2,000-6,000 of the 16,543 relocated Cherokee perished along the way. (1830)

Get it right Potus  and CNN!

Indian Island. Near us. I know a lady whose life is a result of a mother shielding her baby with her body. Mom died. Only Jehovah and His Son can fix this. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

The thing that ran through my mind was the hatred this terrorist felt. Even Jehovah doesn't hate them, not really for it's his will that "all sorts of men come to an accurate knowledge..." 

But of course when the end comes and they haven't changed well that's a different story. But right now Jehovah's showing the way to salvation to homosexuals too. And what's more, have you ever seen the sun shine on JW's only and not on anyone else including gay people? I haven't either. And it won't too. It goes to show the extent of love Jehovah has for mankind. He really loves people. He wants everyone to live...forever. 

Sister Bea there are more atrocities that can be mentioned. I understand. Just addressing the Andrew Jackson Indian Removal policy is horrendous. However, but what makes you think/feel that any news source is going to align/compare the atrocities perpetrated against the indigenous people to today's atrocity? You well know:

New World Translation

Ec 8:9All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm.

Reference Bible

Ec 8:9All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.

Like you said only Jehovah and his Son can fix this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The news over here is full of condolences for the victims of this horrible massacre.  The two major parties are also in election mode over here, and the PM and opposition were full of messages of condolence and support.  But because this tragedy involves the gay community, there is a lot more pouring out of grief as a mark of solidarity - especially in the areas in the  LGBTI communities of  major cities where .  Here is the main icon of Sydney tonight:

rainbow bridge.jpg

It is going to be interesting witnessing in this climate.  Due to the radicalised muslim being the perpetrator, it will further inflame haters of religion, and especially religions who oppose gay rights.  The WT on Endurance is very timely.

14 minutes ago, harmania said:

If Jws are labelled as extremists in Russia, I wonder when islam will be ?

there is a thread here that France are planning to do it...

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

If Jws are labelled as extremists in Russia, I wonder when islam will be ?

Some Muslim literature already is. Example:

Monday 11 April 2016

RUSSIA: EIGHT FACING CRIMINAL CASES, FIVE ALREADY UNDER ARREST

Komil Odilov was arrested in Novosibirsk and Oleg Kim in Blagoveshchensk in

December 2015, Ziyavdin Dapayev and Sukhrab Kultuyev in Makhachkala and

Andrei Dedkov in Krasnoyarsk in March 2016, Forum 18 News Service has

learned. The five - who can be held in pre-trial detention for up to one

year - are among eight Sunni Muslims known to be facing FSB-led criminal

prosecution on charges of "extremism" for studying the works of Turkish

theologian Said Nursi. Many Russian translations of his books have been

banned as "extremist" in Russia, along with many Jehovah's Witness

publications. The 16 Jehovah's Witnesses convicted of "extremist" activity

in Taganrog in November 2015 have failed in their attempt to have their

sentences overturned. When they get the written verdicts of the 17 March

decision they will decide whether to appeal further, Jehovah's Witnesses

told Forum 18

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Given the nature of the horrific crime in Orlando, I like this statement from the Awake! #4 2016 issue:

"While they reject homosexual acts, Jehovah's Witnesses do not force their view on others, nor do they participate in homophobic hate crimes or rejoice when they hear of them."

17 minutes ago, Sallyforth said:

Given the nature of the horrific crime in Orlando, I like this statement from the Awake! #4 2016 issue:

"While they reject homosexual acts, Jehovah's Witnesses do not force their view on others, nor do they participate in homophobic hate crimes or rejoice when they hear of them."

Great quote.

There is really no better position to hold that's fair toward everyone. I don't think there is a major religion on the planet in which members of said religion and gays can peacefully co-exist.

Its good to not subscribe to the "this is God's country" garbage.