JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Test

On 5/28/2016 at 7:35 PM, carlos said:

Thank you Bob for all that work.

I don't see the new Preview button. Maybe you need to add it to editor menus?

Perhaps. I might also have to remove the current 'preview post' hack we have been using.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

29 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Oops! Does this mean we won't be able to 'preview' a post, just to make sure it looks okay, before clicking Submit Reply?

There is currently a "Preview Post" link to the left of the Submit Reply button (at least on the desktop version of the site). It's a modification and not part of the software. What Carlos is referring to is a new feature that was added to the software, but we don't seem to be seeing it yet. I probably have to look under the hood and see where to toggle the setting.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Bob, it's nice to see you here. :)

Please, would it be possible to disable the popup description of the forums when you hover your mouse their names in the main index? They are a pain in the neck at least in my computer.

56 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I could disable them, and perhaps return the descriptions to where they used to be under the forum titles.

I use my iPad and I have to hit the forum names twice to get in and it's bothersome when the pop up comes on the first hit. What you suggest sounds great.

Edited by mserskine

• 4 months later...

I usually just edit the first post that shows the history of all changes, but I thought I'd post it separately today to bump it to the top and show that behind the scenes, this software and it's development is well maintained.

JWTalk 16.11.12

• Large number of bugs fixes.
  • Performance improvements in: profile view, sitemap generator, posting replies, and Activity Streams
  • When a member changes their email or password they now get an email confirmation
  • You can now press ctrl/cmd+enter in any editor window to submit the reply
  • There is now logic to prevent double-posting when the initial post encounters an error on submit
  • Moderators can now remove all followers from an item
  • Contact Us is now configurable with various options
  • Announcements can now be restricted by member group
  • Admins now have a setting to have members automatically follow content they start or reply to. Members can optionally override this.
  • The editor will now show a message if a link that can be embedded (image, video, etc.) failed to embed for some reason. Admins get more detailed error reasons.
  • When a member is banned/suspended the system now shows a more friendly page with information on their ban. Previously it showed a permission denied page.
  • Security Questions for account security

Sounds like some nice refinements >:D<

However, the "Chat Room Link" is not any more prominent nor is it accessible from the top and bottom of the page :wall:

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 1 month later...

A new year, a new thread.

JWTalk 17.1.1

• Accounts flagged as spammers are now more visibly different on the member list in AdminCP
  • Added quite a few new embed providers
    • codepen.io
    • coub.com
    • deviantart.com
    • docs.com
    • funnyordie.com
    • gettyimages.com
    • iFixit.com
    • kickstarter.com
    • meetup.com
    • mixcloud.com
    • mix.office.com
    • on.aol.com
    • reddit.com
    • reverbnation.com
    • screencast.com
    • screenr.com
    • slideshare.net
    • smugmug.com
    • ustream.tv
    • Google Maps (requires free Google API key)
  • Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours
  • If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it
  • You can now set pre-filled reasons for Warning actions that will automatically populate the member notes editor when a moderator warns a user
  • Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles
  • Adds a setting to restrict member birthday view to admins only or to completely disable prompting for birthday to member
  • There are now more "save and reload" options in various places to keep your place when editing content or settings
  • New check all box when viewing activity on a member profile for easier moderation
  • You can now hide posts that are unapproved rather than just approve or delete
  • When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change
  • When you see a "could not write file" error the file it was trying to write now shows in the error logs
  • You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission
  • If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out
  • Tags can now be quickly edited when viewing an item
  • Administrators can now create custom RSS feeds for various content
  • Actions for reports in ModCP now show when status is changed as a comment
  • Redesigned support tool
  • Password strength rating and requirement option
  • Guest terms of service alert
  • Minimum age requirement
  • Ban Filters are now Word Filters and can set words to automatically moderate
  • Display name history is now available on profile view
  • Better analytics integration
  • Leaderboard

JWTalk 17.1.3

• Fixed an issue where the "Who's Online" widget / "Online Users" page shows the wrong number of guests or the wrong date.
  • Fixed an issue where Display Name History shows the history from other accounts.
  • Fixed an issue where deleting a member in the AdminCP may not work.
  • Fixed an error when using tags in some circumstances.
  • Fixed an error when creating an advertisement. 
  • Fixed an error when setting profile photo to use Gravatar. 
  • Improves the Diagnostics section of the AdminCP Support wizard.

What's up with the "Musky quoted you in a topic" instead of "Musky quoted you in JWTalk Changelog"?

(Sorry, I used "Musky" just to illustrate - it was showing on my screen)

Thank you, Bob!

These two will be useful for members:

- Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours

- If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it

A lot of members complain of problems with auto-saved content in the editor. It's quite annoying and especially when you are on a phone or tablet often there is no way to remove that content. So it's good that it now asks.

And these two will be useful for mods:

- You can now hide posts that are unapproved rather than just approve or delete

- When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change

Besides, I think one change in one of the last updates that were installed yesterday was no more duplicated posts. Often when we click Submit Reply and the system is slow, we click it again, which duplicates the post. The moderators spend quite a time removing those duplicated posts. But now the system should automatically remove them. :thumbsup:

On 1/3/2017 at 11:54 PM, Qapla said:

What's up with the "Musky quoted you in a topic" instead of "Musky quoted you in JWTalk Changelog"?

I haven't experienced that. I'll keep my eye out for it.

However, most of this was actually an IPS upgrade, so I will have to report this to the developers.

10 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I haven't experienced that. I'll keep my eye out for it.

However, most of this was actually an IPS upgrade, so I will have to report this to the developers.

Here's your chance. Does the notification on this one say that I quoted you in a topic - or does it actually name the thread?

My notification just said you quoted me in a topic.

• 1 month later...

JWTalk 17.2.19

In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, this release also includes:

• Pinterest share link has been added
  • Two Factor Authentication
  • Images embedded in the editor can now have an alternative title set for accessibility
  • Users signing in through social services, such as Facebook, will no longer be required to validate their email address
  • When a location is specified for a Calendar Event, the address will be shown underneath the map. The map itself should also be more accurate now.
  • The Approval Queue page now has a "Hide" button to hide content (rather than only being able to approve / delete)
  • An issue has been fixed where adding tags using other languages may not work properly
  • Cropping Animated GIF's for photos is now supported when ImageMagick is in use
  • The Administrators Control Panel will now display more information for a user who has been banned
  • imgur embedded is now supported
  • Errors caused by third party applications / plugins will now be clearer
  • CKEditor updated to 4.6.2

On 1/3/2017 at 11:54 PM, Qapla said:

Well, I see the "Quoted you in [Thread Name] is back instead of the generic "Quoted you in a topic"

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

JWTalk 17.5.22

* Bug fixes and speed improvements.

* Several group setting enhancements that the moderators need to discuss if we will implement here.

* When moving content moderators are now prompted for where you want to be redirected after the action.

* Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.

* An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts.

* Fix Facebook login (which we aren't implementing currently)

* Fix security issues related to profile photos.

* Fix security issues related to two XSS scenarios.

This is primarily a security update, and gets us up to speed for the next major release.

• 2 months later...