JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

It took me a while to remember to use it but I love the 'Go to top' feature .. my home button doesn't always co-operate and scrolling up through multiple post was a pain, literally in my wrist.  Thank you Bob for this great feature. :thumbsup:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

JWTalk 17.10.3.2

• Fixed a vulnerability and some bugs
  • Upgraded Tapatalk for IP.Suite 4.2.x Series - Version 1.4.5
  • Removed several other "Sign up with Facebook/Twitter" buttons we didn't realize still existed.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

2 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

JWTalk 17.10.3.2

• Fixed a vulnerability and some bugs
  • Upgraded Tapatalk for IP.Suite 4.2.x Series - Version 1.4.5
  • Removed several other "Sign up with Facebook/Twitter" buttons we didn't realize still existed.

I'm pretty sure that broke the android version of tapatalk. I can't log in the forum as of this morning... The never ending tapatalk tale continues..

Every so often for some time now I will open an email from jwtalk and get a large red box warning me that 'this email could be a scam', et. I don't know if it's coming from my anti-virus or the group...I don't know whether to open the post or not..I have ignored the warning but don't know if I should do that.

Does anyone else get these or know where it's coming from...?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

13 hours ago, Dove said:

Every so often for some time now I will open an email from jwtalk and get a large red box warning me that 'this email could be a scam', et. I don't know if it's coming from my anti-virus or the group...I don't know whether to open the post or not..I have ignored the warning but don't know if I should do that.

Does anyone else get these or know where it's coming from...?

That's your email program or browser flashing that warning. I don't know why it would though.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

32 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

That's your email program or browser flashing that warning. I don't know why it would though.

Some email providers/programs are oversensitive about the rDNS entry pointing back to a different hostname than the originating email domain.

If you have a CIDR block suballocation of your own, your host should be able to give each IP its own rDNS entries for each IP (some hosts even give you a self-serve form), though if your server has manually assigned static IPs out of your host's CIDR block, it'll probably be more trouble than it's worth.

14 hours ago, And_Ray said:

Tapatalk still won't work for me.
I get "Network Error, Please try again later".

Any suggestions?

I'm assuming your using iOS also?

I have contacted Tapatalk Support. They have been helpful in the past. They have a test account here and will be checking into my theory that there is an issue with either Tapatalk for iOS, or more like, the server side plugin of Tapatalk for IPS 4.2.+

I'm assuming your using iOS also?

I have contacted Tapatalk Support. They have been helpful in the past. They have a test account here and will be checking into my theory that there is an issue with either Tapatalk for iOS, or more like, the server side plugin of Tapatalk for IPS 4.2.+
I am on Android.
I am not sure why didn't I try this few days ago, but I cleared the data and cache of the app, and the problem disappeared...

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2017 at 7:05 AM, Dismal_Bliss said:

JWTalk 17.10.3

• Added acronym mouse-over expansion for LDC and FDS

The mouse over for LDC says Local Design Committee. It is supposed to be Local Design Construction.

...I know...it's a small thing...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm having a problem with the apostrophe. When I use a word such as "I'm" and I type just the im and press the spacebar, the editor box closes. Sometimes a different menu will open.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 11/15/2017 at 5:09 PM, Tortuga said:

I'm having a problem with the apostrophe. When I use a word such as "I'm" and I type just the im and press the spacebar, the editor box closes. Sometimes a different menu will open.

I disabled the predictive text in my default keyboard and the problem has gone away.

• 1 month later...

JWTalk 17.12.31

This is a maintenance release to fix reported bugs. Other changes of interest to techie people include:

• RSS feeds now use guest page caching system
  • Various enhancements to Redis engine including data stored encrypted at rest
  • Search result improvements 

Oh, and I fixed the issue that caused the site to crash and be down for the last 6 hours or so :)

6 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I thought it was down because of the Millennium Bug. (I might have nodded off for a bit.)

I was thinking the same thing!:lol1:

I notice the topics that have a lot of embedded videos takes a long time to open up. I'm wondering if it would be better to only have the links and not embed the videos in each post.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

• 2 months later...

JWTalk 18.3.8

• Added a :heart: reaction by popular request
  • Security Updates
  • Added settings to help with future GDPR Compliance
  • The JW.org Press Release Auto-Posting Bot has been disabled
  • Lay the groundwork for upcoming changes