JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On 17/09/2017 at 8:00 AM, Sheep said:

This new version doesn't have post numbers in the top right corner of each post anymore... Was that intentional? I used to look at those when I was trying to find a particular post in a really long topic (like I was doing earlier today).

Happened just now.  I had to count the posts on the page to get to the referenced numbers. 

22 hours ago, carlos said:

I think that happened the last time we updated too, and Bob fixed it.

Dear Bob, please fix this soon.  Love from your sister GG xo :D

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

JWTalk 17.9.18

• Fixed issue with the registration questionnaire not appearing for new applicants after the upgrade.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

JWTalk 17.9.19

• Removed ability to sign up with Facebook or Twitter because doing so skips our questionnaire.
  • Added ability to sign in with Facebook or Twitter if member has linked their accounts in their profile settings.
  • Version number restored at bottom of page.
  • Added a "Go to Top" link on each post and on each private message.
  • Added post numbers to each post within a topic like we had before.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I, too, miss the Chat :(

I never think of hitting the new "Go to top" link, I have been simply hitting the "Home" key, I do not think of this new feature.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Exactly what is the purpose, advantage of the Go To Top feature? When you're reading the new posts you scroll down, so why would you want to always skip back to the top? :unsure:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I never think of hitting the new "Go to top" link, I have been simply hitting the "Home" key, I do not think of this new feature.

Hey! That works too! (Now, why didn't I think of that?)

Okay, please disregard everything I said about that "Go to top" link. You can just take it out now. :D

22 minutes ago, Dove said:

Exactly what is the purpose, advantage of the Go To Top feature? When you're reading the new posts you scroll down, so why would you want to always skip back to the top? :unsure:

If you want to skip right out of the forum you're in (for example, this one is "Announcements, Suggestions, & Member Support") and go back to the home page, going back to the top of the page and clicking the site title will do that. (But there are other ways to do that too.)

3 hours ago, Dove said:

Also, if you click on Like and select one of the other icons, such as Thanks, et is it still counted as a Like?

I think each one still counts as a reputation point. I haven't dived too much into this. I do know that I can add other emoticons that depict other reactions.

13 hours ago, Qapla said:

I, too, miss the Chat :(

I love the new feature.

On my android phone I have to scroll back to the top of the page to get to the Home or Unread buttons. The Go to Top makes that a lot quicker. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 9/29/2017 at 7:05 PM, carlos said:

I think the new theme works as fast as the default one, and it doesn't look very different either. I like it. :thumbsup:

There is no theme. I just changed the heart to a thumbs up, lol :D

JWTalk 17.10.3

• Added acronym mouse-over expansion for LDC and FDS
  • Changed the heart to a thumbs up
  • Enabled Fluid Forum View - you can now customize how content is displayed

Kinda cheesy and unimportant to mention, but these things are visible current changes while I'm working on other stuff.

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Enabled Fluid Forum View - you can now customize how content is displayed

Where is this option located?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~