JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Since the update I am not able to quote or reply to any topic using my PC but I can with my Android. 

Nice try guys but the lock out didn't work..😂

:confused:   

I didn't have any problem quoting with my PC

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yep it always boils down to one of two things...sometimes both..👀

Cache or Cash

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

1 hour ago, Stavro said:

I had the same issue with the last update. Clear your browser cache and it should start working again.

It's working now. Thanks.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Since the update I am not able to quote or reply to any topic using my PC but I can with my Android. 

Are you serious? Almost all I use is my PC. Try the suggestion above.

I know IPS 4.3 changed the way one mouses over and quotes just a highlighted section, and there was a topic over there about it. But I haven't had any problems at all on either Edge or Chrome, for either PC or Android.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I have not cleared my cache or done anything different than what I usually do. I have had no problem with the "full quote" using the "quote button" nor the "partial quote" by highlighting and hitting the "Quote selection" bubble that pops up.

Works just like it used to - only thing that changes is the bubble looks a little different.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

12 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:
  • Tested the Pages app by creating a Donation page

All right!!! Now it's party time!!! :ecstatic: Is this available yet? I'm looking for it but I don't see it yet. I'm going to owe you a few million for all the good use I've got out of the site. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Is this available yet? I'm looking for it but I don't see it yet.

It's actually been right under everyone's noses for about a week and a half. Dig deeper 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

It's actually been right under everyone's noses for about a week and a half. Dig deeper 😉

Bob, you are dismal. I was looking under my nose, and all I saw was a mouth. I just couldn't find it! Until...

25 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Hint

|

|

|

\/

Thank you, John. That helped out a lot. So I wonder how long that's been there until I found out I was looking under the wrong nose?

(Okay, where's that "few million" I promised to donate?)

• 3 months later...

JWTalk 18.9.15

• Additional administrative tools for GDPR compliance
  • Added a filter to view members that have opt-in for bulk mail in the Admin Control Panel, and an option to opt-out those members.
  • Fixed creating activity streams on front-end.
  • Fixed duplicate topics showing in some streams
  • Fixed reputation information sometimes missing from replies to status updates and from topics on the "Our Picks" page.
  • Fixed missing CSS if "Our Picks" is the community's home page causing missing images.
  • Fixed edit being lost if the edit triggers the URL or word filter.
  • Updated CKEditor to 4.10.
  • and many more bug fixes

• 4 months later...

JWTalk 19.2.1 (Minor bug fixes)

• Fixed profanity filters applying to account usernames during registration.
  • Fixed following a member not updating the follow button correctly.
  • Improved message when embedded content is not available to indicate if the content has been deleted or the user doesn't have permission to see it.
  • Fixed some Emojis rendering incorrectly
  • Fixed broken TED Talks embeds.
  • Fixed some items not included in the sitemap.
  • Check to ensure that https is used before allowing Facebook to be used as a log in handler.
  • Fixed moderator permissions for posts.
  • Fixed an issue where posting a hidden post causes the forum to indicate a post pending approval is present.
  • Fixed broken redirect after deleting a Photo album and moving images in it to a category.
  • Fixed broken promote form for images within a Photo album.
  • Fixed missing watermark when a file was inserted via the "Insert other media" feature.
  • Fixed Files Library screenshots that have been imported from a URL missing from embeds.

• 1 month later...

JWTalk 19.3.2

• Move JWTalk to a new server (see Here)
  • Upgraded from EasyApache 3 to EasyApache 4
  • Upgraded from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.2
  • Enabled Clubs feature (see Here)
  • Installed Club Enhancements and enable some of the functions (see Here)
  • Closed potential security issues

Good job Bob, we are glad we hired you. Too bad your year-end performance evaluation wasn't good for you to get a year end bonus. Maybe next year...:lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

JWTalk 19.3.9

(Tons of changes, but I am only listing the ones that the community or staff may have an interest in. Some items are links that take you to a full article describing the new feature.)

Major New Features / Enhancements

Core

• Added setting to display user group formatting in more areas (see 6 New Micro Features).
  • Added less intrusive browser notification prompt in Notifications menu (see 6 New Micro Features).
  • Added ability to show sidebar blocks to only certain types of devices (see 6 New Micro Features).
  • Added ability for club owners to reorder the navigation tabs (see 6 New Micro Features).
  • Added ability for announcements to be linked to an URL or be a title only (see 6 New Micro Features), improved consistency in how announcements are shown in different areas.
  • Added a new Icons & Logos section in the AdminCP which allows providing logos for use when sharing links from the community, adding the community as a home screen app on a mobile device (along with additional settings for a PWA manifest to control certain aspects the community’s behaviour when used in this way), and in Safari’s favourites menus and pinned tabs on macOS.
  • Added a new UI for attachments, showing a box with some information about the file, rather than a plain line (see Turbo charging loading speeds).

Removed Features

• Removed EmojiOne-style emojis due to licensing issues.
  • Removed Gravatar support due to privacy concerns and performance issues.
  • Removed password hashes when downloading a member list from the AdminCP. This is for security, to reduce the ease of obtaining sensitive data if the AdminCP is ever compromised.
  • Removed the name of the content (e.g. topic) from the “Next Unread” link which could consume significant server resources on large communities.

Minor changes

• Added tag suggestions from previously used tags as you type.
  • Added ability for users to re-crop their profile photos.
  • Added a new user notification to be notified when their content is embedded in other content.
  • Added a small message when editing notification settings to clarify that changing the default method for following content will not affect content you are already following.
  • Improved UI of the message which tells a user if their post will need to be approved by a moderator, and added the message in some areas it was missing from.

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Fixed pasted Rich Text to look better in Dark Mode

• 2 weeks later...

JWTalk 19.3.20

• Redesigned the Menu options in the header.
  • Fixed Tapatalk compatibility issues, including....
  • Fixed Spoiler Tag display in Tapatalk.
  • Server side tweaks on our new server to increase forum performance.

And then in the background...

• Started re-organization work in the Community Development section, using the "Pages" app to create an official JWTalk Announcements/News feature that will be publicly visible
  • Obtained the "Blogs" for members application, which is being tested behind the scenes while we still focus on Clubs for now.
  • Continuous development of "Dark Mode" as members report issues.

JWTalk 19.3.22

• Upgraded CKEditor to 4.11.3.
  • Fixed an issue where the leaderboard may not correctly rebuild.
  • Applied group name formatting to member names in topics when viewed on a phone.
  • Fixed being unable to submit multiple files at once to the Files Library.
  • Fixed guests being able to submit articles without permission to do so.

JWTalk 19.3.30

• Fixed an issue that was allowing unregistered guest to post in the public forums without being a member.
  • Fixed an issue that was allowing these same unregistered guests to resurrect old locked topics.
  • Changed auto-locking topics from 365 days since last activity to 400 days since last activity.
  • Continuous Dark Mode development and improvement.
  • Officially published the News/Articles section (still a work in progress).
  • Added "Latest News" link in menu.
  • Changed links to Privacy Policy, Membership Policy, etc, to point to the articles instead of the posts.
  • Renamed "Announcements, Suggestions, & Member Support" to "Member Support & Community Feedback" - still members only
  • Renamed "JWTalk Help Guides & Frequently Asked Questions to "Announcements from the Staff & Common FAQs" - still publicly visible.
  • Began moving Announcement topics to the publicly visible forum, etc.

1 minute ago, TonyWenz said:

You do like to keep busy! I'm flat out just trying to read it all!

Keep up the good work. emoji106.png

Just Older emoji856.png

He is still trying to earn his Christmas bonus...:lol1:

• 2 weeks later...

JWTalk 19.4.9

• Added a Club Forums list.
  • Added a redirect to the Club Forums in the Hobbies & Special Interests category.
  • Added a link to the Club Forums in the Menu Bar.
  • Renamed the main page "JWTalk Forums" instead of just "Forums" to differentiate it from "Club Forums".
  • Changed the language in creating a club to be more specific about the club types and privacy options.
  • Added the ability to make your profile page private.
  • Finally created a favicon for the community.
  • Added the ability to bookmark posts to revisit later.
  • Added the ability to create categories for your bookmarks.
  • Added a new footer with a slick design to the bottom of the page.