JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On 2/23/2021 at 2:48 AM, Qapla said:

The color of the text in these menu buttons used to be easier to read

image.png.baa3bb841d5c6218f58ae1102d321463.png

And, the edit controls in "Dark Mode" were easier to see

image.png.c09197d29bd23ea1d8cad230a6aeb52d.png

Not to mention that the posts no longer reach both borders :( 

Not sure I like the editing link in the "more options" location under the three dots on the right

image.png.f0e4739a8d815f22f078d27d81ceb714.png

I should be able to change the colors on the tags. The editor toolbar will be a little trickier. I just have to remember what I did before. Remember, "Dark Mode" is basically an unsupported side project. 

The Editing link location is part of the new software. It's there to stay.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 2/23/2021 at 10:19 AM, Jay said:

Me too, I was just going to post this

The Go-To-Top was a 3rd party plugin. That author seems to have abandoned the Invision Community and nobody has released a substitute that I am aware of.

The MarketPlace for 3rd party add-ons is here...

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/

It's visible to the public so feel free to peruse. All plugins must be compatible with Invision 4.5

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 2/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, jwhess said:

I miss the "go-to-the-top" button...🙂

My workaround is to continue to the bottom of the screen and use the "Go to topic listings" 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

My workaround is to continue to the bottom of the screen and use the "Go to topic listings" 

If I am near the bottom of the page, I do that also.  If not, I go to the scroll bar on the right (it is narrow) and place my arrow just below the top "up-arrow". Make it close but not quite on the up=arrow (maybe an 1.8th of an inch lower and left-click the mouse and hold it.  The page goes to the top really fast.

If I want to go to the top of a page I hit the "Home" key and it goes to the top of the page - the "End" key goes to the bottom of the page

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

52 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The editor toolbar will be a little trickier.

You may just need to adjust the transparency level

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I should be able to change the colors on the tags. The editor toolbar will be a little trickier. I just have to remember what I did before. Remember, "Dark Mode" is basically an unsupported side project. 

Witn the new update sometimes quotation boxes overlap the text before them. That happens both on windows and mobile. This is an example:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/47958-spiritual-gems-numbers/?do=findComment&comment=801353

Another feature that is missing is post numbers. Those used to be on the upper right corner of posts and allow to quickly copy a link to the post.

As for the edit bar, there used to be a Blank button that deleted everything in the post you were typing, very useful when there is a persistent quotation box that doesn't want to be deleted. That button disappeared with the previous update, it would be fine if it could be restored.

7 hours ago, carlos said:

Another feature that is missing is post numbers.

You're right. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it.

Those used to be on the upper right corner of posts and allow to quickly copy a link to the post.

You can still get a link to a post. Click the three dots, and choose Share.

As for the edit bar, there used to be a Blank button that deleted everything in the post you were typing, very useful when there is a persistent quotation box that doesn't want to be deleted.

You can still get rid of those 'persistent quotation boxes.' Click the header of the box, and press the Delete key. (At least, that works on a PC. I don't know about a tablet or a phone.) Any text outside of a box can be deleted in the usual manner; such as highlight and press Delete.

Edited by Sheep

Can the left margin be adjusted?

On my device the text on the left side is tight against the edge of the screen.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I really like how long quotes are reduced to just 6 or 7 lines and you have to expand it to see the rest.

Amen to that!

Anyway the little star beside the topics can be made bigger for those of us who use mobile devices and have fat thumbs?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

JWTalk 21.3.1

• Fixed topic tag buttons in Dark Mode as reported by @Qapla *
  • Fixed the editor buttons in Dark Mode as reported by @Qapla *
  • Fixed overlapping quotation boxes as reported by @carlos 
  • Added "Post Numbers" to each post, like before, as suggested by @carlos **
  • Fixed text being to far to the left of the screen on mobile displays as reported by @Tortuga
  • Added a "Go to top" button on the bottom right of screen, as suggested by @jwhess **
  • Spent my Sunday completely rewriting the JWTalk theme and the "Dark Mode" theme from scratch. Welcome to the new look.
  • Enabled theme selection for ALL users, regardless of member rank, including for guests.
  • Removed 'unread' dot from messenger list since it did not behave consistently with other places in the suite. 
  • Fixed an issue where newly submitted content may appear unread initially.
  • Fixed broken links to comments that have been promoted on the Our Picks page.
  • Fixed an issue where links to new items in personal messages could be incorrect.
  • Enabled per-forum themes as a possible future solution to differentiating public vs members only forums.

* "Dark Mode" is not fully supported. Since we are a Light colored forum by default, some features may not display properly in dark mode (for example, pasted Rich Text). This cannot be fixed.

** "Post Numbers" and "Go To Top" are 3rd party plugins. If the authors stop developing for Invision in the future, these features could be lost.

24 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:
  • Fixed text being to far to the left of the screen on mobile displays as reported by @Tortuga
  • Added a "Go to top" button on the bottom right of screen, as suggested by @jwhess **

Great! And thank you Bob for all your hard work! 👍👍

29 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Is there any chance of an option to get rid of this box on thread pages?

image.png.3c41a1bfece9274d55d768164a1bd07c.png

So the posts can be wider on the screen?

No, not as in a user selected option. The only thing I could try, if I was really interested, would be to find where in the program that is being called, and then comment it out.

8 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The only thing I could try, if I was really interested, would be to find where in the program that is being called, and then comment it out.

That would be incredibly appreciated by many, thank you for your work so far....:thumbsup:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

17 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

No, not as in a user selected option. The only thing I could try, if I was really interested, would be to find where in the program that is being called, and then comment it out.

I personally like that sidebar info since I can see a quick glimpse of the thread info in one look.

There’s an option there to close and open the sidebar. But when the sidebar is closed the width of the post remains the same instead of getting wider. That might settle the issue.