JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

20 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Why change it? 

Because we feel this site is much more then just a forum. Basically it's a place where you can meet and interact with friends from all around the world. Aside from the forums we have downloads, clubs, blogs, and members have found diverse ways of communicating as well.

We think a community reflects much better what this site is.

Edited by carlos

• 4 weeks later...

JWTalk 21.9.8

• Changed lost password reset links to be valid for 1 hour.
  • Swapped columns in user Profiles so Status Updates show up first on mobile.
  • Created the "Let's All Meet - Zoom Zoom" subforum.
  • Made the Daily Text forum a subforum of the Worldwide Brotherhood forum.
  • Made the Alternative News forum a subforum of the Mainstream News forum.
  • Added Random Photo Gallery Widget to the bottom of the Index page.
  • Added "Tell-a-friend" Widget to the sidebar of the Index page.
  • Added Calendar Widget to the sidebar of the Index page, Topics List pages, and Activity pages.
  • Added "My Clubs" and "Recent Achievements" Widget to sidebar of the Topics List pages.
  • Added "Our Picks", "Status Updates", and "Random Featured Albums" Widgets to the sidebar on the Activity page.
  • Upgraded CKEditor to 4.16.2.
  • Fixed an issue where it was not possible for some to post status updates.
  • Fixed editor becoming unresponsive when inserting attachments into the editor.
  • Fixed an issue where it may be possible for hidden comments to be seen.
  • Fixed an issue sending a push notification when a new badge is earned.
  • Fixed an issue where the widget data weren't updated while application upgrades.
  • Improved performance of hiding/unhiding/deleting topics.
  • Calendar -Fixed an issue where weekly recurring events with no end date could display one day off.

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

fiddled around even more after the upgrade, lol

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 3 months later...

For those interested in this stuff.... :)

JWTalk 22.1.2

• Added Stream Subscriptions.
  • Added the ability for public sections to be created in closed clubs.
  • Added reputation titles & icons back to the Reputation Activity page in user profiles.
  • Made SEO improvements with improved crawl efficiency
  • Improved the club landing page for closed clubs to return an error with further information.
  • New achievement actions for Downloads
  • Audio files now play in-browser
  • New emails for when a new rank or badge is earned
  • New statistic graphs for the Staff including: moderator activity, deleted content, reports, warnings, follows, member preferences, spam defense, QA topics, solved topics by forum and achievement badges by member or member group.
  • Fixed potential issue where duplicate notifications/digests are sent.
  • Fixed an issue where word filters may not work correctly when editing titles inline.
  • Fixed an issue where, after splitting a hidden content item, the comments show as hidden without the option to un-hide from within the new content item
  • Fixed an issue where promoting content may cause items to appear twice in our picks.
  • Fixed an issue where task progress bars could show percent completion above 100%.
  • Fixed an issue where achievements rewards were not given when a comment is approved for the first time.
  • Fixed an issue where search may show the wrong results after changing page.
  • Fixed an issue where links to user profiles were shown in some circumstances where profiles could not be viewed.
  • Fixed an issue where adding similar events to the Calendar could cause a blank cover photo to be saved.
  • Fixed an issue where members requiring moderation could merge content with already existing replies without requiring approval.
  • Fixed an issue where the Recently Browsing widget may show '0 members' if you are the only one viewing the page.
  • Fixed an issue where a new rank email may not be sent.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

37 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Wow, thanks Bob for hard work behind the scenes! :thumbsup:

Most of this is actually just an update from the developer. I haven't tinkered with anything in a while. Kinda ran out of ideas, lol.

2 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Most of this is actually just an update from the developer. I haven't tinkered with anything in a while. Kinda ran out of ideas, lol.

Still, it feels good that someone who understands the software is looking after the "machinery" of the forum. 

It gives the sense of stability for all the members. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 months later...

JWTalk 22.5.22

• New 'block submission' feature to blocked words when posting. It will prompt the author to revise their content to remove the offending word.
  • Support for IndexNow, a new way to inform search engines of new content
  • Updated HTMLPurifier to 4.14.0.
  • Updated CKEditor to 4.17.1.
  • Fixed an issue where the AdminCP member history for posting restrictions may not show the correct length of time.
  • Fixed sub-sub menu items showing in the wrong location when viewing the menu on mobile.
  • Fixed an issue where personal messages were incorrectly awarded points.
  • Bing Sitemap Support was removed because they deprecated the service.
  • Fixed some issues caused by badly formed dates in the leaderboard.
  • Fixed the breadcrumb navigation inside Clubs
  • Added the ability to limit club cover photo file size.
  • Upgraded plupload to 2.3.8.
  • Fixed an issue where the close poll link may show to guests.
  • Fixed an issue when splitting a topic with a solved post, the old topic still claims to be solved.
  • Added support for m4a audio files.
  • Added member warnings to the moderator log.
  • Fixed an issue where images within a quote within a reply could generate extra whitespace
  • Fixed an issue where DailyMotion short URLs would not embed.
  • Fixed an issue where long names can overlap the ... button in comments on small devices.
  • The rank progress in the mobile navigation panel will no longer overlap navigation links.
  • YouTube embeds will now load from the youtube-nocookie.com domain.
  • Added a per-forum option to show the forum and any sub-forums as one unified "fluid mode" view.

40 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

New 'block submission' feature to blocked words when posting.

...like "Beard"? :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 5/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, Brother_Bliss said:

JWTalk 22.5.22

• New 'block submission' feature to blocked words when posting. It will prompt the author to revise their content to remove the offending word.
  • Support for IndexNow, a new way to inform search engines of new content
  • Updated HTMLPurifier to 4.14.0.
  • Updated CKEditor to 4.17.1.
  • Fixed an issue where the AdminCP member history for posting restrictions may not show the correct length of time.
  • Fixed sub-sub menu items showing in the wrong location when viewing the menu on mobile.
  • Fixed an issue where personal messages were incorrectly awarded points.
  • Bing Sitemap Support was removed because they deprecated the service.
  • Fixed some issues caused by badly formed dates in the leaderboard.
  • Fixed the breadcrumb navigation inside Clubs
  • Added the ability to limit club cover photo file size.
  • Upgraded plupload to 2.3.8.
  • Fixed an issue where the close poll link may show to guests.
  • Fixed an issue when splitting a topic with a solved post, the old topic still claims to be solved.
  • Added support for m4a audio files.
  • Added member warnings to the moderator log.
  • Fixed an issue where images within a quote within a reply could generate extra whitespace
  • Fixed an issue where DailyMotion short URLs would not embed.
  • Fixed an issue where long names can overlap the ... button in comments on small devices.
  • The rank progress in the mobile navigation panel will no longer overlap navigation links.
  • YouTube embeds will now load from the youtube-nocookie.com domain.
  • Added a per-forum option to show the forum and any sub-forums as one unified "fluid mode" view.

I don't understand 99% of that but I appreciate the hard work that you, and all the admins do, in keeping this a safe place for us all. ❤️

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

• 1 month later...

JWTalk 22.7.20

Changes approved by the Administrators:

• JWTalk Clubs have been removed.
  • Former Club topics have been moved to a main forum or subforum
  • Several new subforums have been created to appropriately categorize for Club content.
  • The default color scheme has been updated.
  • Forums descriptions are now very concise for a much cleaner look.
  • Each forum has a scripture pertaining to it's theme.
  • The menu in the masthead has been redesigned to be simpler
  • Upgraded server to PHP 7.4

Changes from the software developers:

• New Alerts feature
  • hCaptcha added as a new CAPTCHA option for use on the Contact Us form and when accepting guest posts
  • Added a setting to exclude groups from search logs.
  • Added a solved/unsolved filter for activity streams.
  • Changed the poll behaviour to allow everybody to view the poll result of closed polls.
  • Improved the email editor to show the full email name while editing it.
  • Updated CKEditor to 4.19.0.
  • Moved the stream subscription links to an own menu item.
  • Fixed an HTML validation error for embeds.
  • Fixed an issue where private messages that the user could view may show in trending content.
  • Fixed an issue that may prevent attaching audio files to content.
  • Fixed an issue where post counts were incremented even when a new item was held for approval via the profanity filters.
  • Fixed an issue where the default streams had a broken time period.
  • Fixed an incorrect link on a modal popup when trying to follow a member when the member hasn't configured their preferences.
  • Fixed a missing </ul> in the poll template.
  • Fixed an issue with 'solved' push notifications linking to a non-existent page.
  • Fixed an issue where toggling editor source mode may cause errors with certain blockquote html.
  • Fixed an issue where CKEditor would double paste images if "paste as plain text" was enabled.
  • Fixed an issue where top posters in the topic statistics section may show in the wrong order.
  • Fixed an issue with the followed Gallery Images page.
  • Fixed an issue with rebuilding thumbnails on legacy communities where the original image may no longer exist.
  • Removed some deprecated sitemap tags.
  • Fixed a Calendar issue where the day view wouldn't show todays events when it's being used as the default calendar view.
  • Added real time and historic trending data in sidebar blocks and leaderboard.

13 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I wondered why my screen changed to "Light Mode" all by itself ... a simple click restored my "Dark Mode"

Welcome back to the Dark Side...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Qapla said:

I wondered why my screen changed to "Light Mode" all by itself ... a simple click restored my "Dark Mode"

This will happen again when I get around to updating the Dark Mode theme, which is basically copy this theme, change the colors, and delete the old one.

5 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Maybe we can talk about those colors - I have my Zoom live

Okay. Let me get ready and I will be over in a just a bit.

1 hour ago, Brother_Bliss said:

This will happen again when I get around to updating the Dark Mode theme, which is basically copy this theme, change the colors, and delete the old one.

Even the darkness would not be too dark for you,

But night would be as bright as the day;

Darkness is the same as light to you.

Ps 132:12

2 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

JWTalk 22.7.20 "Dark Mode" has been updated along with some bug/color fixes

"Woe to those who say that good is bad and bad is good, Those who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness" Isaiah 5:20

:lol1:

Thank you Bob for all updates 😀

I wish we had “papyrus” mode, something that sits between light and dark 

I am not fond of light, looks ok but surgical, but nice warm “slightly creamy” background would be easier on my eyes. Yeah… I know, I am picky LOL 😜

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)