JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wow you are a legend @Brother_Bliss

Thank you for all your hard work.  About 20 years ago I worked for an IT company so I know the time it can take when issues arise.  I was in credit control so not a techie myself.  Our specialty was accounting software for accountants and financial administrators.  

49 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

#1366 - Incorrect string value:

Me trying to fix the problem...🤣

#1366 - Incorrect string value: (New command) get the best value string available in the Universe and start running (hitting ENTER button) 

Reset Button GIF by MOODMAN

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The "line number" information was useless to me. I couldn't figure out how to find that "line" in the row. I also couldn't find the string when I tried to do a search, and we only have 44,000 topics, so I wasn't about to go looking for emoji's either. In fact I don't even think they were displaying in phpMyAdmin.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

So grateful to you Bob @Brother_Bliss to find everything was back in working order this morning. 

Thank you so much for all your hard work and the many hours you put in to keep everything running smoothly, so we can all have wonderful association with our brothers and sisters across the world.

I appreciate you very much. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

On 6/25/2023 at 6:19 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

JWTalk 23.6.25

This is not a complete list of the changes. These are just the ones that may have affected you in the past and has been addressed. 

Special new features from the developer…

Core

• Added support for Emoji 14.
  • Improved performance in some situations when posting content.
  • Updated CKEditor to 4.20.1.
  • Re-enabled Grammarly in CKEditor.
  • Added pagination to the Edit History screen.
  • Show "Success" message above the form after a user changes their password.
  • Items in the "Our Picks" widget carousel no longer have a cropped border.
  • Upgraded Google Fonts API to v2 with improved performance using font-display:swap;
  • Imported font-weight:500 for Google fonts resulting in improved font rendering.
  • Redesigned the share/promote buttons so they sit on a single line on mobiles.
  • Updated the background-color of some social icons to match their actual brand color.
  • Sticky announcements will now always stick to the top of the window, instead of only being sticky within the header element.
  • Widgets have received a IU polish, with a few alignment bugs solved.
  • The alignment of topic prefix icons (pinned, featured, etc) has been improved.
  • Breadcrumbs no longer truncate long titles. They will now wrap to a new line if necessary.
  • Added a minimum of one day end date to Alerts.
  • Fixed an issue where older iOS devices (<13.4) had images and other elements that would not load.
  • Fixed an issue where older browsers and iOS versions may not display editor/images.
  • Fixed an issue where deleting a post from a hidden topic could remove the topic from the activity streams.
  • Fixed an issue where users could edit comments that were hidden by a moderator.
  • Allow users to reply to alerts even if they have messenger restrictions that would prevent them from doing so.
  • Allow iOS/Safari notifications from Safari 16.4 onwards.
  • Added password resets to administrator logs.
  • Added email icons for Twitch and Discord.
  • Fixed an issue where moderators were not sent email notification of new reports.
  • Fixed an issue where Twitter Emoji no longer loads (The CDN providing the images shut down).
  • Fixed an issue where auto-saved editor contents would not clear when the editor was on a tab.
  • Fixed an issue where Administrators with permissions to view moderator statistics got a no-permission error.
  • Fixed an issue where mentions did not use the color specified in the theme settings.
  • Fixed an issue where share links were using http protocol instead of https.
  • Relocated the forum title in the forum grid UI for forums, resulting in better contrast.
  • Simplified the UI of the expanded view while viewing a topic list.
  • Post controls (Edit, Quote, etc.) are now always vertically aligned to the bottom of posts.
  • Added Support for Cookie Consent.
  • Added support for forcing tags to be listed alphabetically.
  • Members can no longer react to content if they have unacknowledged warnings.
  • Fixed an issue where viewing the members content on his profile may show an error while viewing some reviews.
  • Added og:image tags for first 4 image attachments.
  • The topic summary was removed for future topics.
  • Fixed an issue where publishing a scheduled topic did not properly update the last post information on the forums.

Files Library

• Added status badges (pinned, hidden, etc) to the grid view.
  • Padding has been added to grid cells while viewing files in profiles.

·       Fixed an issue where deleting previous versions generated a template error.

·       Added a new category grid view.

Gallery

• Added some customization options to the Overview page.
  • Now, when searching for images via the "Insert other attachment" editor option, searching by album name returns images from that album.
  • Removed profile tab image view preferences for guests to make it consistent with other areas where preferences can't be saved.
  • Gallery got a Visual refresh.
  • Added gallery overview page to better highlight Gallery activity.
  • Added support for prefetching next and previous images.
  • Added a member profile extension for Gallery images.
  • Set default album sort to match the default sort on a category.
  • Improved performance of image view when categories/albums are ordered by recently updated.
  • Fixed an issue where hidden images may appear in profiles.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible in some circumstances for a private album title to show in Activity Stream.
  • Fixed an issue where gallery videos could not be inserted as existing attachments in the editor.

Events

• Added links to subscribe to and download iCal events on the overview page.
  • Fixed an issue where the "All Calendars" dropdown link would load the overview page instead of monthly view.
  • Fixed an issue with links to calendars when the default view was not set to overview.
  • Fixed an issue where events may show on the wrong time.

Did you do everything that you wanted to do or is there still more work to do?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/4/2022 at 5:36 PM, Brother_Bliss said:

Coming tonight...

JWTalk 22.12.4

• Fixed issue where users could receive notifications for content that had been hidden.
  • Added support for TikTok, Twitch, Vimeo and SpotMe online events in the Calendar. (see above).
  • Fixed an issue where a future published topic has a different start date than the first post date.
  • Improved image loading speed in albums or categories with a large amount of images
  • Facebook Promotional Tools removed (Facebook no longer allows API posting to groups and pages) - No action required
  • Added Twitch & Discord to list of theme Social Profiles.
  • Fixed an issue where Guests could access the Activity Streams when guest access was disabled.

Ha! Like I know what went on. Even reading this. I keep trying, though!🙃

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Wish I knew why I always need to sign in each time; user ID, password, 3 different screens.

I've gone through all the suggestions offered about setting cookies, browsers used, etc., but nothing makes a difference.This has been for months.

It's not a big price to pay to be able to have the website! I know, but just wish I knew the problem so I could make whatever adjustment is needed. 

I hoped that all the new changes might have somehow automatically corrected whatever it was, but alas, still have to sign it  :confused:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Did you do everything that you wanted to do or is there still more work to do?

I don't do much hacking of the code anymore like I did in the past. Many of the features I created the developers ended up eventually adding to the core software, OR a 3rd party developer created an app/plugin for it. I only have a few hacks left.

This is good though. We would rather just rely on the core software and 3rd party applications. This way any other administrator who is less of a tech-geek can handle the updates if "time and unforseen events" befell me. This is also why the administrators have decided to move the community to a different server, which will happen between sometime in late 2023 or early 2024.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 1 month later...

JWTalk 23.8.11

Upgraded to Invision 4.7.12 which includes, just to name a few....

• Improved the responsiveness of the buttons in the cookie message.
  • Fixed an issue where oAuth tokens weren't revoked for banned users.
  • Fixed an issue where page output may be broken if a large signature is used.
  • Fixed an issue where Edge on Android could be detected as Chrome.
  • Fixed an issue where achievements could be abused in private messages.
  • Fixed an issue where posts from future topics may show in profile content streams.
  • Fixed an error when using question & answer challenges for captcha with recent PHP versions.
  • Fixed an issue where the cookie information page wasn't visible for validating members.
  • Fixed an issue where the cookie consent opt-in may not return the visitor to the page they were on.
  • Updated CKEditor to 4.21.0.