JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWTalk 18.3.16

• Created a dedicated JW News forum.
  • Disabled the JW.org News RSS Auto-posting Bot.
  • Renamed "In the News & Current Events" to "Secular Issues in the Mainstream Media"
  • Created a dedicated Tech Help forum.
  • Renamed "Introductions & Warm Welcomes" to "Introduce Yourself & Welcome One Another"
  • Disabled the Auto-Welcome Bot from posting.
  • Renamed "JW News, Encouragement, & Public Information" to "Interchange of Encouragement & Worldwide Brotherhood"
  • Appointed 2 new moderators
  • Removed "Homeschooling Support & Alternative Education" forum.
  • Renamed "Announcements, Suggestions, & Member Support" to "Forum Feedback, Member Support, & Announcements"
  • Renamed "Frequently Asked Questions & Forum Information" to "JWTalk Help Guides & Frequently Asked Questions"
  • Renamed "Books, Movies, Television, Music, & Theatre" to "Books, Movies, TV, YouTube, Music, & Theatre"
  • Made it so all post Reactions give a Reputation point to the post author.
  • Recalculated Reaction points all the way back from the beginning of the forum
  • Created the Leaderboard tab up below the masthead

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

3 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:
  • Made it so all post Reactions give a Reputation point to the post author.
  • Recalculated Reaction points all the way back from the beginning of the forum

I was wondering if this is how it works.  Nice addition.

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

2 hours ago, njwinans said:

I was wondering if this is how it works.  Nice addition.

It didn't used to be. Confused, Sad, and Angry were "neutral" Reactions that didn't award points, as only Thanks, Like, and Love did. Now they all will award a point.

The point system is just some cheesy built-in feature of the board software, lol.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The point system is just some cheesy built-in feature of the board software, lol.

...one day I plan to cash in my points, its part of my retirement plan...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

JWTalk 18.3.20

• New color scheme based on JWLibrary and our Meeting Workbooks
  • Square avatars with rounded corners
  • Added Security Tools for Moderators
  • Stopped allowing resurrecting topics over 1 year old

We lock topics over 365 old, and the last reply made in this topic was 564 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Is this new?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

JWTalk 18.3.20

• New color scheme based on JWLibrary and our Meeting Workbooks
  • Square avatars with rounded corners
  • Added Security Tools for Moderators

Beautiful! Thanks. This is a nice makeover. :lol:

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We lock topics over 365 old, and the last reply made in this topic was 564 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Is this new?

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that. We have decided to not allow bumping old posts anymore, except by special request.

The board's new color scheme is greatly appreciated.:D

It does remind me of our meeting workbooks and it makes me smile every time I pop in for a visit. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

One thing I have noticed with the new changes to this forum, and I am not sure if it is serious, but I have noticed that three of us stand separate from all the squares that appear to be posting. Tortuga, I never had thought of you as a square before.

Old  Tortuga photo-thumb-1619.gif  ChrisCSheep-Eating-Grass.gif.fdf111a9f2d3a09fbcbee7c6a360e3ff.thumb.gif.4f28cac9a4496887b9abe2b3ea9fe947.gifDismal_Bliss             

Three of us opposed by so many so many squares!      :lol:  

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

One thing I have noticed with the new changes to this forum, and I am not sure if it is serious, but I have noticed that three of us stand separate from all the squares that appear to be posting

I found a new avatar for you...:)

snoopy.png.01ea603c42d06018d2da57ed3ce87916.png

• 2 weeks later...

JWTalk 18.4.4

• Upgraded out-dated applications and plugins, including...
  • Lock old topics
  • Files Tab on User Profiles
  • Force Required Profile Info
  • Post Number
  • Go to Top
  • Auto Welcome PM
  • Tapatalk

JWTalk 18.4.7

• Fixed Email Notification Issue (thanks @Sheep for reporting this issue with IPS 4.2.8 and Invision Power thanks you too, as this fix will be implemented in a future release [4.2.9?])
  • Added new graphic badges for forum ranks (under your profile pic in PC view, and in your profiles)
  • Rounded the corners of widgets and posts
  • Added some space between a quoted user's comments and a member's reply.
  • Removed maximum daily reputation limit for new members.

Why do we have dots above our avatar?

Can that be changed?

33 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Why do we have dots above our avatar?

Can that be changed?

That's a ranking thing based on the number of posts you've made. The more posts you make, the more dots you see and your member title changes through a preset list. After 1000 posts you get to change your own title, like you have ("Read this...")

I can make it a custom image instead of a pip, but I do like the simplicity of the pip. Maybe an energy meter?

Gaming-Health-Meter-with-CSS-Avatar.png

15 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

That's a ranking thing based on the number of posts you've made. The more posts you make, the more dots you see and your member title changes through a preset list. After 1000 posts you get to change your own title...

How many posts does one need to have before he/she gets to be Administrator/Staff/Head Programmer?

(not that I want to be...)

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

How many posts does one need to have before he/she gets to be Administrator/Staff/Head Programmer?

(not that I want to be...)

I'm pretty sure it isn't a point based system...