JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1455 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 3/21/2017 at 8:00 PM, JWTalk Forums said:

702017108_univ_sqs_sm.jpg

Threatened with an imminent ban on their worship in Russia, Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide support their fellow worshippers in Russia by means of a global letter-writing campaign. Instructions are provided for those who would like to participate.

***************** Link fixed *******************

View the full article on JW.org

It's amazing to see how much has been accomplished in just the past week!   ...    Let's put a strong finish to this month as we complete our global letter writing campaign and aggressively continue to refocus our efforts and make this the greatest Memorial campaign ever!   ...   https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/memorial/

we are truly on the Worlds stage as a theactracle spectacle  ...   Only TWO weeks left!

Edited by timpin

When I went to mail the letters, I "met" another sister (she said she's in the other congregation at our hall, I didn't know :oops:).

Anyway, she was at the same post office, and they told her that, get this, they didn't have anymore international stamps. So the sister had to buy other stamps and use those in multiples to insure transport of her letters. 

What a witness! 

President Putin's Mother hax to secretly baptise him....I guess he can sorta relate....I researched everyone that we sent letters to and included interesting facts about their interests and persuits for justice...certain awards ...one is considered brilliant and a linquist...I included the number of languages only we have! Hope he doesn't get arrested for peaking at the website...lol

Edited by Gi-Gi

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

37 minutes ago, Gi-Gi said:

One of Hubby's letters..trying not to get too excited!imageproxy.php?img=&key=e37124b5af0ec8e5imageproxy.php?img=&key=e37124b5af0ec8e520170328_232307.thumb.png.6369ff9cd6940f314b048b729d179524.png

:uhhuh: caught the obvious error too late

That is soooo awesome, tell him thank you from us and with lots of love from NZ.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I just finished another 6. Our group is getting together after service to write letters. . I will do the envelopes. Sign mine, stamp them to get them  out tomorrow. Plus, I will do what I can to help others. Address envelopes, etc. Am bringing extra envelopes. Figured out how to cut and paste the addresses this time! A big help. 

When Jehovah mobilizes his people, wonderful things happen!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

WARNING! WARNING!

This image has been making the rounds on Instagram. It has since been exposed as a fake.

58db8425e226d_FakePics.jpg.51a0bfa19f7176c5ea2c5621c895f04d.jpg

I quote directly from one of the JW channels on Instagram:

This picture is not associated with the letter writing campaign to Russia. It is from a January 2016 article regarding millions of letters and packages for a young severely burned 8-year girl in Rotterdam, NY who wanted a few cards for her Christmas card tree. (See the link below)

http://www.timesunion.com/local/amp/Sa-fyre-response-leaves-a-good-feeling-about-6757243.php

And while I'm on the subject: A word of warning to brothers following the campaign on Instagram. Opponents have figured out some of the hashtags. You'll find very anti-jw stuff mixed in with all our brothers posting about the Campaign.

I would think that would apply to twitter as well. I've noticed caution is needed moreso right now. Another thing too is posting or reposting anything on your facebook or instagram - substantiate it first.  We have to be cautious as serpents right now ... opponents of Jehovah will oppose and when that doesn't work they will get sneaky ... so your warning is timely thanks. xxx

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

What makes me sad about this is over on Facebook, yes I have one of those accounts. Private Message me and I will add you to my Facebook page or Instagram as I find both useful and fun- yes I am very careful!

But getting back to my point, I am on a page called Ministry Ideaz. I have bought several items over the years and enjoy the page. But with this letter writing, I have seen rumors of what people claim to have heard or read we should do. There have been insults about those who choose to share photos of their letters not being humble. 

This detracts from the message. I know we all have different views and attitudes. But let's face it- Social Media is here to stay and can be an effective tool. I have been very encouraged for the most part by all the great comments and stories. 

Thank you everyone and the administration for all your comments and insights. It will be interesting what happens on April 5th...but really beyond. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

28 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

1 hour ago, BenGo said:

My wife went to the service meeting this morning. She was told, that the first friends in russia have been arrested!

Can someone please confirm?!   

there are so many rumors around. please, let's not post them here!

Edited by GoldenAge

1 hour ago, BenGo said:

My wife went to the service meeting this morning. She was told, that the first friends in russia have been arrested!

Can someone please confirm?!   

received it also...but it is a fake......comes from Apostates.....

in the moment so much is going around.....experiences , reports, pictures and so on.....

take everything with a pinch of salt....unless it is confirmed!

Edited by Samira

3 minutes ago, GoldenAge said:

there are so many rumors around. please, let's not post them here!

Agreed. I so badly wanted to reply on Ministry Ideaz page to some of the more absurd comments but held back. One person said " Until I see a member of the Governing Body posting their letters on social Media that's when I will. " Seriously?? 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Bro. Walker, I can't thank you enough for that timely warning about the picture of the supposedly letters to Russia.

But, and it's certainly not your fault, the warning came too late because I had already shown it to two sisters, one I "met"at the post office yesterday, and a sister who lives in my building. 

As far as the sister in the post office is concerned, though she's attends the other congregation at our hall, I'm hoping to run into her, I'll purposely leave a little earlier Sunday. The sister in my building I called this morning and told her that she won't get a picture and why (we tried our best last night to text it to her and somehow we couldn't. I was going to ask a brother tonight but now what for?).

A sister showed and text me the picture yesterday while at a mall. She said, get this, that someone texted her the picture. Well, I'm calling her to tell her the truth.

I clicked the site you provided and my mouth popped open. 

Yes, as was mentioned, we have to be careful! We know we're targets, but now Satan is taking advantage of our love for the worldwide association's love for each other, in this case our love for our Russian family. 

Thank you again!

On 3/27/2017 at 8:51 PM, Tortuga said:

A sister just forwarded a picture to my wife that she said she had received from a sister in Russia. The picture is supposedly a post office in Russia full of boxes of our letters.

I noticed all of the boxes said United States Postal Service :confused: so I doubt that it is actually a picture of our letters in a Russian post office. Has anyone else received the same picture?

BTW: I don't want to muddy the water by posting the picture and risk it being taken out of context...

Thanks Bro Walker for finding the picture I was asking about.

58dbc21319af7_NotRussianLetters.thumb.JPG.afa4b3874af5ed1e3441ce48647f364e.JPG

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D