JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

I just got an update on Android to 1.6.2.14026

Screenshot_20160407-060751.thumb.png.955

Still no meetings tab like iPad yet, but soon .... I guess

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

7 minutes ago, trottigy said:

I just got an update on Android to 1.6.2.14026

Screenshot_20160407-060751.thumb.png.955

Still no meetings tab like iPad yet, but soon .... I guess

70F at 06:07. Welcome to summer....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just got an update on my Ipad to version 1.7.1

Play Video on a TV using an HDMI cable

Fixed bugs that that were causing the app to crash.

I can't play video's on a TV using an HDMI cable since my Ipad mini doesn't have an HDMI port. Do other Ipad's  have them?

Edited by mserskine

27 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I can't play video's on a TV using an HDMI cable since my Ipad mini doesn't have an HDMI port. Do other Ipad's  have them?

I think there must be an adapter but I can't see one on the Apple website.

edit: there are adapters  on eBay.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

31 minutes ago, shali said:

I have an Android tablet and got another update from JW Library but for the ife of me I don't know what it did.  Still no real changes like with the ipad update.

My android phone also received a second update, but I don't see anymore enhancements than the first one a few days ago. I don't even have the Meeting button like on the iPad. 

Actually, I just downloaded all the Watchtowers to 2004 but for some reason I had trouble downloading the 2011 ones.  It will download a couple and then when I click on the next one, it won't show it's doing anything.  So I went on to download 2010, 2009 and so on and when I finished with 2004, I went back to 2011 and the ones I clicked on that wouldn't do anything, actually did download.  Was able to download the rest of 2011 up to the last two and then had the same problem again.  This happened 3 times while I was trying to download just the 2011 Watchtowers.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

10 minutes ago, shali said:

Actually, I just downloaded all the Watchtowers to 2004 but for some reason I had trouble downloading the 2011 ones.  It will download a couple and then when I click on the next one, it won't show it's doing anything.  So I went on to download 2010, 2009 and so on and when I finished with 2004, I went back to 2011 and the ones I clicked on that wouldn't do anything, actually did download.  Was able to download the rest of 2011 up to the last two and then had the same problem again.  This happened 3 times while I was trying to download just the 2011 Watchtowers.

Did you try to go to "Pending Updates" and downloading those issues from that page?  It works sometimes.

I don't think those magazines show up in pending updates.  Only publications you've already downloaded previously can technically be "updated" so I'd have to download them to get any updates - my problem was just doing a first time download.

54 minutes ago, shali said:

I don't think those magazines show up in pending updates.  Only publications you've already downloaded previously can technically be "updated" so I'd have to download them to get any updates - my problem was just doing a first time download.

I misunderstood the problem.  Sorry.

21 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Even with the "fixes" in the latest update I cannot open the Songbook 

It opens on my tablet (android). My lastest version is 1.6.2.14026.

4 hours ago, mserskine said:

ahem, (cough cough ) it seems that my android has a 'screen mirror ' function and I can play any media that is d/l to my phone or tablet, as well as anything I stream...

Whaddaya know 'bout dat?...is that cool or what?

(Is there an emoticon showing salt being poured into an open wound?)

(You know,  just curious. ..research purposes only. .):raspberry:

17 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

ahem, (cough cough ) it seems that my android has a 'screen mirror ' function and I can play any media that is d/l to my phone or tablet, as well as anything I stream...

Whaddaya know 'bout dat?...is that cool or what?

(Is there an emoticon showing salt being poured into an open wound?)

(You know,  just curious. ..research purposes only. .):raspberry:

That sounds a lot like AirPlay Mirroring.  :wink:

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

For me, the latest update discussed (for Android) brought back the pending updates tab that was gone with the previous update

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

Either I don't have any pending updates, or mine didn't come back.