JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Probably the diversity of Android systems is what's keeping it to go in pace with Apple and Windows. Let's be patient, this recent updates show they're working on it (I'm counting 3 in less than a week and now I don't have again the pending updates tab on my phone)

27 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

Probably the diversity of Android systems is what's keeping it to go in pace with Apple and Windows. Let's be patient, this recent updates show they're working on it (I'm counting 3 in less than a week and now I don't have again the pending updates tab on my phone)

The pending updates tab only appears when a publication you already have downloaded needs to be updated. Once the publication updates, the tab disappears. 

5 hours ago, leoperales said:

The pending updates tab only appears when a publication you already have downloaded needs to be updated. Once the publication updates, the tab disappears. 

This may have been answered already , but where is the pending updates tab?

Edited by mserskine

1 hour ago, mserskine said:

This may have been answered already , but where is the pending updates tab?

To the right of the "What's new" and "Downloaded" tabs when your in the Publications section of JW Library.

If you have any downloaded publications where the branch has "pushed" an update, the "Pending Updates" tab will appear. 

46 minutes ago, leoperales said:

To the right of the "What's new" and "Downloaded" tabs when your in the Publications section of JW Library.

If you have any downloaded publications where the branch has "pushed" an update, the "Pending Updates" tab will appear. 

Is this on android or IPad or both?

33 minutes ago, leoperales said:

Both. It's always been there. 

That's strange because in the past I've always seen a little circle on a publication that needed updating. I've never seen a tab. I'll have to pay close attention and look for the tab next time.

2 hours ago, mserskine said:

That's strange because in the past I've always seen a little circle on a publication that needed updating. I've never seen a tab. I'll have to pay close attention and look for the tab next time.

I just received an update to one of my videos, and included a screen shot so that you'll see the Pending Updates and how this compares to the little circle you were referring to. 

image.png

14 minutes ago, leoperales said:

I just received an update to one of my videos, and included a screen shot so that you'll see the Pending Updates and how this compares to the little circle you were referring to. 

Now you see it...

Now you don't....

:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 0:19 PM, Tbs77 said:

If option always there oops... I just noticed with this update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

what would be the optimum size sd card to hold all the bytes?

2 hours ago, MizPeg said:

I have down-loaded every item in JW Library.  The videos were extracted at the highest resolution possible at my end (usually 720p).  This takes about 60 Giga-Bytes of space at present.  How much more material will be coming this year, I do not know.  But it takes about 1 GB for every monthly broadcast.

22 hours ago, MizPeg said:

19 hours ago, jwhess said:

I have down-loaded every item in JW Library.  The videos were extracted at the highest resolution possible at my end (usually 720p).  This takes about 60 Giga-Bytes of space at present.  How much more material will be coming this year, I do not know.  But it takes about 1 GB for every monthly broadcast.

I also downloaded everything on to my laptop a couple of months ago. But really there's no usually need to download more than a few GB for the meeting material, some books, the ministry videos, family worship videos  etc. (And 480p resolution is usually sufficient, imho. For comparison I have the ministry videos at 480p, some books, and the meeting material on my ipad and it takes up 1.4GB.)

If you have regular access to fairly fast internet you can stream videos to watch and swap things in and out if you want to.

edit:

Note that some versions of Android won't allow you to store JWlibrary on on external card. My tablet running KitKat 4.4.2 for example.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

Like this month's broadcast said streaming costs the branch every time we stream but a d/l only costs once

Good point, I need to get a download program for my iPad. Suggestions?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

Good point, I need to get a download program for my iPad. Suggestions?

I use Video Downloader Pro for my iPad. The app has an orange colored icon. I don't recommend downloading the free purple colored icon app - too many ads and you wouldn't want those ads to pop up when showing a video in field service. I purchased the Video Downloader Pro when it was free, but I think it may be about 1.99 to 2.99. 

2 hours ago, mserskine said:

Or, you can download the videos on JW Library.

But remember, some videos aren't on JW Library. With iPad, you can't easily download videos directly from JW.org like with Android without first downloading a special app. :cry: But hey, there's an app for that! (tu)

1 hour ago, leoperales said:

But remember, some videos aren't on JW Library. With iPad, you can't easily download videos directly from JW.org like with Android without first downloading a special app. :cry: But hey, there's an app for that! (tu)

I thought all the videos are on the JW Library.