JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

7 minutes ago, shali said:

Arghhh, my tablet updated to Marshmallow today and there are a lot of glitches now and I'm depending on it for my part tomorrow!  Bad time for a major system update! 

If you dip it in chocolate you'll have smore problems...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 6/25/2016 at 7:28 AM, Tortuga said:

The Awakes go back to 2007 now, when did that happen?

The 2006 Awakes have arrived!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

22 minutes ago, shali said:

There really is no end in sight . . . . ugh, sigh.

:(

So, just to see if I got it well ... the video presentations appear on the app the following week after the meeting in which they are presented (?)

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

33 minutes ago, Adelin said:

So, just to see if I got it well ... the video presentations appear on the app the following week after the meeting in which they are presented (?)

after many updates and resets and restarts, they appeared   :D

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

For some reason, my tablet is getting crazy "pending updates" on video's I don't even have downloaded and it tells me to download things I already have and then the things I have downloaded that show "pending updates" won't update.  I'm wondering if the person on the other end of all this is a "newbie" and in training.  Eventually all those things end up disappearing and righting themselves but it's a little disconcerting.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

9 minutes ago, shali said:

For some reason, my tablet is getting crazy "pending updates" on video's I don't even have downloaded and it tells me to download things I already have and then the things I have downloaded that show "pending updates" won't update.  I'm wondering if the person on the other end of all this is a "newbie" and in training.  Eventually all those things end up disappearing and righting themselves but it's a little disconcerting.

Do you have a slow Internet connection?

8 hours ago, Adelin said:

I have been able to see them before and during the meeting. One evening we were not able to attend the meeting and the phone line got to where we couldn't make out what the friends were saying. We went to the library app and saw the assigned video and at least had that.

On 7/7/2016 at 5:43 AM, outwalkin said:

I have the videos right through Sept. Workbook via the media button. 

I'll have to take that back... I don't have the sample presentations for Sept. yet (just the songs).  I do have August sample presentations though.

with all the "fill in" sections of the MWB lately, it seems that NOTES should be available soon   ...   very soon!

...   maybe underlining later also.  

will we ever be able to pinch to zoom the pictures ?  like WOL & .org - to see all the finer details

Edited by timpin

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM, Tortuga said:

The 2006 Awakes have arrived!

The Awakes now go back to 2003..

I've been having way too many problems with JWL since my tablet updated to Android Marshmallow.  The most recent problem being that even though all the multimedia (music and videos) I had downloaded (which was EVERYTHING) was in my "files" on my tablet, my JWL app kept telling me that "this content is not available or cannot play this video (even though it was just an audio file)".  It did that for every single video or audio file.  I had to make the hard decision to uninstall JWL and reinstall it.  Unfortunately, I forgot to unmount my SD card before I did it so I also lost all my multimedia downloads.  Took less than an hour to redownload all the publications (including all the Watchtowers and Awakes) but it's taking hours to do everything else.  Doubt I'll even finish up the job by the end of the day today.  Sure hope I don't have to go through this again anytime soon!

9 hours ago, timpin said:

with all the "fill in" sections of the MWB lately, it seems that NOTES should be available soon   ...   very soon!

...   maybe underlining later also.  

will we ever be able to pinch to zoom the pictures ?  like WOL & .org - to see all the finer details

What do you have Tim? Android or iPad? I went to my accessibility options on Android and turned on "magnifying" so that if I tap 3 times fast, the picture zooms in.  It also works if you pinch to zoom.  If you have ipad, that may work for you too.

1 minute ago, shali said:

I've been having way too many problems with JWL since my tablet updated to Android Marshmallow.  The most recent problem being that even though all the multimedia (music and videos) I had downloaded (which was EVERYTHING) was in my "files" on my tablet, my JWL app kept telling me that "this content is not available or cannot play this video (even though it was just an audio file)".  It did that for every single video or audio file.  I had to make the hard decision to uninstall JWL and reinstall it.  Unfortunately, I forgot to unmount my SD card before I did it so I also lost all my multimedia downloads.  Took less than an hour to redownload all the publications (including all the Watchtowers and Awakes) but it's taking hours to do everything else.  Doubt I'll even finish up the job by the end of the day today.  Sure hope I don't have to go through this again anytime soon!

My apple Ipad Air became unresponsive last week.  My JW Library would open and then close automatically in about 3 seconds.  I could not find a way to get it to work correctly.  I have a 128 GB tablet and 90 GB of Watchtower data on it.  I finally uninstalled and re-installed the Library and lost it all.  We have extremely slow internet.  So I reload what I can  when I can.  At least I am current with my "meetings" button.  It happens some times.  It will take me a while to consider reloading all of that  video.

In another thread someone reported that one of the updates to the OD book has to do with the new instructions on how we report our activity along with the new report slip

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I don't see the Reasoning book in my JWL.  Where is it?  I don't see it under books.

I got the update for the OD book.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12