JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

3 hours ago, mserskine said:

Yes, I know. It's been on IOS (my iPad) for a while. I was talking about android. The update that came yesterday was for android devices but I couldn't find it on any of my android devices after I updated them.

When I select any video (click on it),  the display shows the background (like a picture of Caleb being impatient).  Directly on the surface of the picture, about the middle of the page are two new icons.  On the right is a "shuffle" icon and on the left is "continuous" icon.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

When I select any video (click on it),  the display shows the background (like a picture of Caleb being impatient).  Directly on the surface of the picture, about the middle of the page are two new icons.  On the right is a "shuffle" icon and on the left is "continuous" icon.

Fine, but I was looking to do the same with audio files as well. So, I looked for something similar when playing music. So, after starting to play a "Sing to Jehovah" song a small bar shows up at the bottom with the song name but I didn't see a shuffle or continuous icon. Then after tapping the bar at the bottom, the shuffle and continuous icon showed up at the bottom left of the screen.

Edited by mserskine

This update is in the Play Store!! Actually, I am happy to be able to tap one of the Original Songs, go to my home screen and bring down my notification window where there is another media player...where I can choose pause, stop, forward, end! This is like the native player on my Samsung devices..and no adds like other players!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

10 hours ago, mserskine said:

Fine, but I was looking to do the same with audio files as well. So, I looked for something similar when playing music. So, after starting to play a "Sing to Jehovah" song a small bar shows up at the bottom with the song name but I didn't see a shuffle or continuous icon. Then after tapping the bar at the bottom, the shuffle and continuous icon showed up at the bottom left of the screen.

Press and hold for a second or two on that small bar at the bottom and it will open to a full page. at the bottom, the first two symbols are shuffle and all play, respectively. 

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

20 minutes ago, mserskine said:

It's on my iPad in the same place as my android.

Strange. Was it added recently? Double checked, refreshed the screen etc and no that book does not show up for me on either my iPhone or my iPad.

Edited by Mykyl

I like the update too, but I wish there was a setting that would let me launch the app straight into the Bible like it did before. 

I really love being able to add books and videos, etc, to the favourites section. Now if only they added the ability to add scripture shortcuts to that section as well ... and the ability to add notes.

I like the update too, but I wish there was a setting that would let me launch the app straight into the Bible like it did before. 

I really love being able to add books and videos, etc, to the favourites section. Now if only they added the ability to add scripture shortcuts to that section as well ... and the ability to add notes.

You will see how good it is that it will open straight into the material you use for your ministry, even if the Bile is one click away. And for those of us who use many languages, it's great that you can now get the What's New in more than one language at the time, and sorted by media and text-based material.

But how do you use the iCloud function?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The iCloud function? I haven't seen that!! Where is it?

Open an article in a publication, click the three dots in the right hand corner, select Open in... and there you will find Add to iCloud Drive.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I had to scrounge to find the text! Found it. But, not wid about it not being a click away. Here I am complaining about the wonderful buffet we are served on a regular basis. It just surprised me. I just have to get used of it. It's all on the plate, though!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

5 hours ago, Skye said:

Which color issue? They're still the same 4 colors, or am I missing something?

After the IOS-10 upgrade (in Apple Ipad), the "Highlight" bar appeared but it did not show any colors in the dots.  The bar was just monochrome.  If you remembered the color location, the highlighting feature still worked but you had to guess.  This latest update in JW Library fixed that problem.  All is well now.

9 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

I had to scrounge to find the text! Found it. But, not wid about it not being a click away. Here I am complaining about the wonderful buffet we are served on a regular basis. It just surprised me. I just have to get used of it. It's all on the plate, though!

The daily text appears at the top of the new home page. Just tap it and it takes you to the comments :) 

IMG_1866.PNG