JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

What! I've been hoping they would add the Bible audio! 

That's what I'm talking about! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

33 minutes ago, jscotchie said:

JW Library on iOS devices now has a version 8.1 update, which includes audio recordings of the Bible and other publications! 

That's great!

The play icon in the top right is only available if there is an Internet connection. And it says 'Streaming' at the bottom when it starts playing.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, loving life said:

Brothers and Sisters, I just got internet on my PC and tried to update the JW app. and was told by the computer I need windows 10.  Is this true?

Yes it is.  During the summer the society informed all users that after the last update Windows 10 would be required for all future updates.  The last "free" upgrade to Windows 10 was July 29, 2016.  All future upgrades to Win10 must be purchased or received with with a computer purchase.

23 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Yes it is.  During the summer the society informed all users that after the last update Windows 10 would be required for all future updates.  The last "free" upgrade to Windows 10 was July 29, 2016.  All future upgrades to Win10 must be purchased or received with with a computer purchase.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

1 hour ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

That's great!

The play icon in the top right is only available if there is an Internet connection. And it says 'Streaming' at the bottom when it starts playing.

In the JW Library for Windows settings, you can also choose the option to "Stream over cellular"

Ah! I just found a clue. I opened the songbook and noticed the new "Play" icon in the top corner. When you tap that, it gives you three options: the vocal, the orchestral, and one more that I think must be Kingdom Melodies. 

If I tap an option I have already downloaded, it plays the downloaded file. If I tap one that I haven't downloaded, it streams it.

That makes sense if we are going have the option of downloading all the audio files - for the Bible, and other publications. 

Perhaps someone one released this update a little too early. :)

I have the JW Library downloaded on my PC does that mean I have the windows 10 installed on it too? Also I was able to download the update on the watchtower library.

Please help me to understand if I do or I don't have windows 10.  Thanks in advance. :lol: 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Click on the start button at the far left of the Taskbar. When the start menu opens, see if there is a "settings" button. If there is, you most likely have windows 10, but click on settings and when it opens, click on "system". This will tell you what operating system you have and the version number.

5 minutes ago, Musky said:

Click on the start button at the far left of the Taskbar. When the start menu opens, see if there is a "settings" button. If there is, you most likely have windows 10, but click on settings and when it opens, click on "system". This will tell you what operating system you have and the version number.

Thanks Musky, but it says windows 8.1. And that it will install updates soon as they come, but it is operating on windows. Whatever that means.

9 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

By default the audio is streaming. On iOS you can go to Settings > JW Library to decide if you want it to stream over cellular too.

I think streaming is the only option at the moment because we can't, yet, download the audio. I think that option will be enabled, on the server side, after the AM.

Sadly, I think this means we won't see the ability to add notes to our highlights anytime soon. I could be wrong, but why release an update the day before the AM, if they plan on releasing additional features in the days after the AM? Wouldn't they wait and release it all in one update?

That doesn't mean it couldn't come at the end of the year, or even at the end of the month. I guess we'll know in the next 48 hours. :)

2 minutes ago, niall said:

I think streaming is the only option at the moment because we can't, yet, download the audio.

Downloading seems to be my only option.  I can't stream any audio .. or anything else in JW Library.  I have the option of both on the website but I download everything regardless. It was great when I was in England and having to drive for hours. I just plugged my tablet into aux in the car and off I went. A spiritual feast to go. :thumbsup:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I think streaming is the only option at the moment because we can't, yet, download the audio. I think that option will be enabled, on the server side, after the AM.

Sadly, I think this means we won't see the ability to add notes to our highlights anytime soon. I could be wrong, but why release an update the day before the AM, if they plan on releasing additional features in the days after the AM? Wouldn't they wait and release it all in one update?

That doesn't mean it couldn't come at the end of the year, or even at the end of the month. I guess we'll know in the next 48 hours.

Well. They released a number of features just a few weeks ago, so...

What I mean is that by default it will stream over wifi. It by selecting the option Selected over cellular, it will do that too. That might come with a data charge though.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Using the new audio function in the songbook, you can get it to play the orchestral, piano or choral recordings by pressing the play button. (Or the video recordings if available in your language, both adult and children.)

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

Downloading seems to be my only option.  I can't stream any audio .. or anything else in JW Library.  I have the option of both on the website but I download everything regardless. It was great when I was in England and having to drive for hours. I just plugged my tablet into aux in the car and off I went. A spiritual feast to go. :thumbsup:

What kind of tablet are you using?

We can download other stuff, like videos, songs, and dramatic Bible readings. The streaming only option, at the moment, is restricted to the Bible and Books.

Do your georestrictions have anything to do with your trip? Do you need to log into the Australian store, or disable roaming?