JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting for December 2018

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1938 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 hours ago, SUNRAY said:

Does anyone know when part 2 will be posted? Could it be on a different day of rhe week?😎

Sr. Elizabeth, Br. Curzan simply said the other two parts would be available for viewing "later in the month".  Last year they came on two week intervals.  That is why we mIght have anticipated them today.  But they never said it would be today, we just went by past experience.  Sorry, some time this month.

Edited by jwhess

35 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Is it normal not to have a morning video up yet passed morning?

The Morning Worship videos are not posted every day and are not posted in the morning. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The lengths the brothers are willing to go to reach even remote areas to find “friends of peace”.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

This year is no exception. Included in The Inside Story is a beautiful rendition of our song 58, Searching for Friends of Peace. I like the song in the first place, and enjoy singing it at our meetings. But they have done a marvelous job at it, especially the effort they put forth in singing it in multiple languages!

Wow!.gif.5ef288103216b1fddc84f5d8525821a5.gif

I didn't know they learned so many languages in the Gilead School!

For all you music fans who like to listen to our songs on your phones, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my song collection. Help yourselves!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjNEOOCHZ01egQLkCr4HByDEzRuI

51 minutes ago, Sheep said:

This year is no exception. Included in The Inside Story is a beautiful rendition of our song 58, Searching for Friends of Peace. I like the song in the first place, and enjoy singing it at our meetings. But they have done a marvelous job at it, especially the effort they put forth in singing it in multiple languages!

Wow!.gif.5ef288103216b1fddc84f5d8525821a5.gif

I didn't know they learned so many languages in the Gilead School!

For all you music fans who like to listen to our songs on your phones, I have converted it to mp3 format and uploaded it to my song collection. Help yourselves!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjNEOOCHZ01egQLkCr4HByDEzRuI

That is so nice!!  😍

I need to know, tho... WHY do people clap on the wrong beat??? 🤪😬😃

28 minutes ago, Hope said:

That is so nice!!  😍

I need to know, tho... WHY do people clap on the wrong beat??? 🤪😬😃

The wrong beat? I'm not sure what you mean, as I didn't notice anything wrong. Of course, I'm not as musically inclined as you are. :D

JWBroadcasting for for December

Brother Christopher Mavor

Title:  Following Directions Saves Lives (Mark 13:19)

This video MUST BE WATCHED...Oh Jehovah...thank you for 

this food at the proper time...as Brother Mavor says...the end

is imminent, and we must not be distracted as the world is!

5 minutes ago, nanceebgd46 said:

JWBroadcasting for for December

Brother Christopher Mavor

Title:  Following Directions Saves Lives (Mark 13:19)

This video MUST BE WATCHED...Oh Jehovah...thank you for 

this food at the proper time...as Brother Mavor says...the end

is imminent, and we must not be distracted as the world is!

That's a Morning Worship that was released earlier this year. Thanks for the reminder.

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/35320-christopher-mavor-following-directions-saves-lives-mark-1319/

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I just love "The Inside Story" feature of the Gilead Graduations.

Here are my take-aways:

Spoiler

The Inside Story

1. Interview with Brother Alex, Central Europe
UNITY
"United in a spiritual paradise with no borders."
(From a Theocratically Borderless Europe to a Theocratically Borderless World...ahhh...Jehovah cares for and prepares his people for the good things SOON to come. )

"How Jesus worked with others.  Never as a superior, but as a friend, as a confident.  Open, trusted communication.  A beautiful example."  
(For all of us to follow.)

2. Interview with Brother Thomas, Greenland
LANGUAGE
Jehovah will help us to adapt to change.
(Iceburg territories? 7 months of Winter? *faint*)
Our Sister Sarah's experience. (How incredibly COOL!)
Spontaneous translation for those using phone tie-in.  "Gah-tu-pin-i-ka!" (Phonetic spelling of WOW in Greenlandic.)

3.  Students' musical presentation:
"Searching for Friends of Peace"  
"Sung in the 24 languages of the heart of their classmates, but with one voice."
(Gah-tu-pin-i-ka!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!  Simply BEAUTIFUL!!!)

4. Interview with Miraf and Yohannes, Ethiopia 
"Short walk?"
Y:"It depends on what you call short.  If 11 hours is short to you, than yes.":D
(Prayer can turn our fear to boldness.)
The interested person had interested persons. (Caring for all the interested persons rejuvinated his wooden legs.)
Walked another 9 hours to let his wife know he was okay.
From one interested person to an entire congregation.  (AWESOME!!!)
"Jehovah loved us.  Because of his love, he drew us to him."
"He made us a part of the International Brotherhood."
"We are very happy and we thank Jehovah."  
(We are very happy and we thank Jehovah, too.^_^)
"We thank him from our heart."
"Jehovah has invited us to find more sheep."
Y:"I saw Jehovah's hand.  During that difficult trip, Jehovah cared for me...We were in Jehovah's hand."

Praise Jah for his BOUNTIFUL spiritual provisions! ❤️

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

The wrong beat? I'm not sure what you mean, as I didn't notice anything wrong. Of course, I'm not as musically inclined as you are. :D

Generally the correct clap is on the beat of the snare.  Which in this song is on the 2 and 4 beat of the measure.. it's easy to hear.  But when people start clapping, they're on the 1 and 3... and it's.... 😬🤪😰

Notice this video. The audience is clapping on 1 and 3... and Connick skillfully finagles his playing to steer them onto the correct 2 and 4. Observe the drummers hands waving in jubilation when it happens!  😃

https://youtu.be/yD3iaURppQw

Edited by Hope

Generally the correct clap is on the beat of the snare.  Which in this song is on the 2 and 4 beat of the measure.. it's easy to hear.  But when people start clapping, they're on the 1 and 3... and it's....

Notice this video. The audience is clapping on 1 and 3... and Connick skillfully finagles his playing to steer them onto the correct 2 and 4. Observe the drummers hands waving in jubilation when it happens! 

https://youtu.be/yD3iaURppQw

It’s alright. People clap what comes naturally to them. It would be weird if some would start clapping on the 2nd and the 4th if a majority doesn’t even know what it is or that they should really do that. Especially so if it comes from the heart and isn’t really very much rehearsed with a conductor.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

15 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

It’s alright. People clap what comes naturally to them. It would be weird if some would start clapping on the 2nd and the 4th if a majority doesn’t even know what it is or that they should really do that. Especially so if it comes from the heart and isn’t really very much rehearsed with a conductor.

I know. I don't get it, coz it makes me cringe and grit my teeth (would never consider rehearsal needed to find a beat)... but I know it feel natural to them. I just don't know why.. it's very unnatural to me... 😉

Edited by Hope

2 hours ago, Hope said:

I know. I don't get it, coz it makes me cringe and grit my teeth... but I know it feel natural to them. I just don't know why... 😉

Sr. Uani,  my wife and I took ballroom dance lessons for several years.  They tried to teach me the Mambo.  This dance does not not start the feet moving on the first beat.  That beat is a "hold" then the feet move on beat two.  I was never able to do that.  The patient instructor, realizing my inability to hold, told me that if i just HAD to move something on the first beat, move my hip but leave my feet in place.  It was better but it never really worked.  Some of us just hear a different beat.  Sorry to the professionals, but it is fun...😉

Edited by jwhess

Oh what a lovely Inside Story!  Makes my eyes tingle with happy tears.  So much happening around the earth, as we each do our part in our little territory.  No wonder this work gives glory and praise to Jehovah!  And, how beautiful is Ethiopia!!  Just a gorgeous country, with such spiritually minded people.  Happy happy! :ecstatic:

This was the best inside story yet! Albania was breathtakingly beautiful. The Greenland story was moving and it was only by means of Jehovah’s spirit that those Ethiopian brothers made that trip 😁

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

To Be Continued...

We look forward to part 3 today or tomorrow, does anyone have the link ready for this final episode?  Please? 😍

It will be the last video released in 2018, great things often come at the end. 😁 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."