JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, runner92 said:

Let me just say that this situation has made me decide that once we are able to congregate again, I am making it my first goal to move to a foreign language group ASAP. Without a doubt.

I don't think most of us will manage to learn a foreign language anymore. When it comes to service: My focus will be on keeping in touch with all my former workmates and non-Witness friends on a regular basis and continuing posting spiritual whatsapp statusses and facebook stories (I do this to keep reminding people of my existence and that I am now a Witness), sending voice and text messages to them individually and where possible, meeting up with them to exchange thoughts and ideas where this makes sense, next to some ordinary door-to-door and cart witnessing. I am also going to do some more community work because I do feel that generally we could do more there and be more renowned for that kind of thing. (Compare Matthew 5:41)

Another thing to keep in mind is that in the last days, does it make sense to focus on a mental challenge in terms of intake of your own spiritual food instead of making sure that you are well provided spiritually in your heart's native tongue? 

I admire your zeal, but that is a question you need to keep in mind.

1 minute ago, ChocoBro said:I don't think most of us will manage to learn a foreign language anymore. When it comes to service: My focus will be on keeping in touch with all my former workmates and non-Witness friends on a regular basis and continuing posting spiritual whatsapp statusses and facebook stories (I do this to keep reminding people of my existence and that I am now a Witness), sending voice and text messages to them individually and where possible, meeting up with them to exchange thoughts and ideas where this makes sense, next to some ordinary door-to-door and cart witnessing. I am also going to do some more community work because I do feel that generally we could do more there and be more renowned for that kind of thing. (Compare Matthew 5:41)

Another thing to keep in mind is that in the last days, does it make sense to focus on a mental challenge in terms of intake of your own spiritual food instead of making sure that you are well provided spiritually in your heart's native tongue? 

I admire your zeal, but that is a question you need to keep in mind.

The branch has been telling us to reach out brother. Can’t say I agree with you. 

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/patient-care-articles/helmet-based-ventilation-is-superior-to-face-mask-for-patients-with-respiratory-distress

Helmet-based ventilation is superior to face mask for patients with respiratory distress

"Striking news footage from Italy shows doctors treating coronavirus patients who are wearing bubble-shaped containers over their heads. These devices are used for patients suffering from acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) caused by COVID-19, the disease caused by the 2019 novel coronavirus. The helmet surrounds the patient’s entire head to supply oxygen and is sealed with a soft, airtight collar that wraps around the neck."

In 2016, researchers from the University of Chicago Medicine led a study showing that using these helmets instead of standard face masks that cover the nose and mouth helps critically ill patients breathe better and can prevent them from needing intubation with a ventilator machine. Patients with helmet ventilation also spent less time in the intensive care unit and had better survival."

"The nationwide shortage of ventilators has put the spotlight on a North Texas company that offers an alternative.

The small, family-run business based in Waxahachie makes hyperbaric oxygen devices that doctors are now using to treat their COVID-19 patients.

Sea-Long Medical Systems, Inc., makes and assembles hyperbaric hoods, oxygen devices that help patients breathe."

2020-04-01_07h49_58.png

buzz lightyear.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

With this site, you can see epidemiologists' projections for the entire USA, 

or state by state.  It is projected that, by April 10th, Michigan will have over 170 Covid-19 deaths per day. :(

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections?

MICHIGAN PROJECTED C0VID-19 CASUALTIES PER DAY:

1418761673_MichiganDeathsperday.gif.c67dee21c39d00a764a171535bd8874b.gif

Further evidence that it's going to get worse

before it begins to get better.

Then, there's round two, when everyone comes out of shelter in place.  :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Meanwhile in Georgia: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/mynews/cumming/cumming-mayor-rescinds-social-distance-order-just-hours-after-signing-it/85-2ca72b79-60d5-45e3-a85f-fb56d55003a6?fbclid=IwAR15V4mrhMc0M_oNI9xTDEE823QnnXS_0L_FpE0eMJIldv9CdL0wQgEHnOE

The mayor saying the decision came after realizing "our public doesn't want government mandating the recommendations of public health officials."  Residents complained that the city was becoming a police state.

Well, yes, Karen, that's what happens when you have a global pandemic.  Somebody has to set and keep the rules, you know.  

Stupid is as stupid does.

9 minutes ago, Barbllm said:

Meanwhile in Georgia: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/mynews/cumming/cumming-mayor-rescinds-social-distance-order-just-hours-after-signing-it/85-2ca72b79-60d5-45e3-a85f-fb56d55003a6?fbclid=IwAR15V4mrhMc0M_oNI9xTDEE823QnnXS_0L_FpE0eMJIldv9CdL0wQgEHnOE

The mayor saying the decision came after realizing "our public doesn't want government mandating the recommendations of public health officials."  Residents complained that the city was becoming a police state.

Well, yes, Karen, that's what happens when you have a global pandemic.  Somebody has to set and keep the rules, you know.  

Stupid is as stupid does.

Wow! How ridiculous can they be?! No one is really going to stay away from people there. I will say I have been seeing more and more people concerned about a police state developing. I used to think they were crazy, but now I’m not sure. We know it’s going to get way worse before it gets better.

Edited by runner92

Wear mask, don't wear mask, wear, don't wear, c'mon make up your mind WHO!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/asia/coronavirus-mask-messaging-intl-hnk/index.html

Asia may have been right about coronavirus and face masks, and the rest of the world is coming around

"this message may be confusing, coming after weeks of public health authorities, politicians and media figures confidently claiming masks do not help and urging people instead to focus on washing their hands and maintaining social distancing."

On Monday, Redfield ( head of CDC )said told NPR that the CDC was reviewing its guidelines and may recommend general mask use to guard against community infection. It's likely only a matter of time before other mask holdouts, most prominently the World Health Organization "

no, yes, no , yes, no, yes ............................ so do the Asians have it right?

49 minutes ago, Lieblingskind said:

A lot of the issues are the "just in time" delivery system of moving things, the auto industry went over to this type of system years ago to keep from having to stock pile auto parts all over the work areas, the problem is once there is a hiccup in the system, too many people over buying and hoarding,the just in time system has to play catch up. This is what is occurring in the food distribution, trucks/ships can only move so fast so you have a push/pull with people pulling way too much and fast and the supply end can't push fast enough to keep up with demand. We are just now, in my area seeing the supply catching up ( except for toilet paper) plenty of bread, milk meat, with can goods slowly and dry goods slowly catching up.

Gov. DeSantis to issue order limiting Florida to essential services only for 30 days

Mary Ellen Klas

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elnuevoherald.com%2Fultimas-noticias%2Fti1i1e%2Fpicture241657011%2Falternates%2FFREE_1140%2FMIA_DeSantis_Presser_COVID19_MJO_3.JPG&fo=webp&w=640Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday that he would sign an executive order limiting all activity in Florida to essential services only for the next 30 days to try to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The order would go into effect Thursday night at midnight, he said............ except I have to still deliver mail.

8 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Gov. DeSantis to issue order limiting Florida to essential services only for 30 days

Mary Ellen Klas

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elnuevoherald.com%2Fultimas-noticias%2Fti1i1e%2Fpicture241657011%2Falternates%2FFREE_1140%2FMIA_DeSantis_Presser_COVID19_MJO_3.JPG&fo=webp&w=640Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Wednesday that he would sign an executive order limiting all activity in Florida to essential services only for the next 30 days to try to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The order would go into effect Thursday night at midnight, he said............ except I have to still deliver mail.

Nothing interrupts the mail system bro, and yes I'm still deemed essential to the PO too so I'm there with ya.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34