JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

As I posted before, this plasma solution seems to be a conscious matter to me to decline it. 

https://apnews.com/417e8315073e89a2a6b3a29bc0824956

I read some of it but not all of it. 

Screenshot_20200403-100946.jpg

I like this comment at the bottom of the article. 

Separately, NIH researchers are measuring survivors’ antibody levels to learn how strong the vaccines under development must be to protect. Other teams, including at Beijing’s Tsinghua University, are hunting which antibodies are most potent, to copy in a lab and turn into drugs.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Like everywhere else numbers keep going up. ☹️ 

Friday, April 3

For both areas of Michigan the total is:

Cases – 12,744

Deaths - 479

Upper Peninsula Counties:

Chippewa – 1

Delta – 5

Dickinson – 1           Death - 1

Gogebic – 3             Death - 1

Houghton – 1

Luce - 1

Marquette - 7

Mackinaw – 2

Dept. of Corrections – 2 (listed in Other category)

Total of 23 now in the U P

There’s 7 remaining U P counties that have not reported any yet. Nothing in Alger county yet….where me and Friends…..Ross ☺️ live.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

13 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Add a UV light. 

This had been mentioned here several times.

Is a 4 x 15W tubes facial tanning lamp powerful enough to do any good?
Would the UV from sunlight travel through window glass?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Would the UV from sunlight travel through window glass?

https://www.thoughtco.com/does-glass-block-uv-light-608316

Updated September 09, 2019

You may have heard that you can't get a sunburn through glass, but that doesn't mean glass blocks all ultraviolet, or UV, light. The rays that lead to skin or eye damage still can get through, even if you don't get burned.

How Much UV Is Filtered by Glass?

Glass that is transparent to visible light absorbs nearly all UVB. This is the wavelength range that can cause a sunburn, so it's true you can't get a sunburn through glass.

However, UVA is much closer to the visible spectrum than UVB. About 75% of UVA passes through ordinary glass. UVA leads to skin damage and genetic mutations that can lead to cancer. Glass does not protect you from skin damage from the sun

We now have the first case of Covid19 in our congregation. The publisher  is being quarentined at home.. The Doctor is waiting on test results but says there is little doubt as they are allready showing some extrem symptoms. Likely got it from a close office associate.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

UN chief urges unity in mobilizing ‘every ounce of energy’ to defeat coronavirus pandemic

https://news.un.org/en/story/2020/04/1061012

There should be only one fight in our world today, the United Nations Secretary-General said on Friday, issuing a loud clarion call to join “our shared battle against COVID-19”.

Noting that there is a chance for peace, Mr. Guterres maintained, “but we are far from there”.  
COVID-19 overshadows conflicts

“The need is urgent”, he said. “The COVID-19 storm is now coming to all these theatres of conflict”.

Against the backdrop of a coronavirus moving swiftly across borders, devastating countries and upending lives, Mr. Guterres projected that, “the worst is yet to come”.

We need to do everything possible to find the peace and unity our world so desperately needs to battle COVID-19”, concluded the Secretary-General. “We must mobilize every ounce of energy to defeat it”.

This is almost like reading the script play entitled: 'The cry of Peace and Security, then Sudden Destruction.'

2 minutes ago, GraceH said:

We need to do everything possible to find the peace and unity our world so desperately needs to battle COVID-19”, concluded the Secretary-General. “We must mobilize every ounce of energy to defeat it”.

This is almost like reading the script play entitled: 'The cry of Peace and Security, then Sudden Destruction.'

I think the bottom line is whether or not the purpose of crying out 'peace and security' is to promote it or to declare that peace and security have just been achieved.

Either case, it's coming very soon, if this is the one. 

Concurrent with that news coming from the Secretary-General of the UN , there are reports of Muslims defying quarantine orders to go to the mosque, at least in Pakistan.

Just like Jesus taught;  Just as soon as the young fig tree's tender branch puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.

They will be "saying Peace and Security" and coming down hard on religion basically simultaneously IMHO.

Just now, Doug said:

Concurrent with that news coming from the Secretary-General of the UN , there are reports of Muslims defying quarantine orders to go to the mosque, at least in Pakistan.

Just like Jesus taught;  Just as soon as the young fig tree's tender branch puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.

They will be "saying Peace and Security" and coming down hard on religion basically simultaneously IMHO.

Could be. Hindsight is everything 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

6 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sobering statistics, indeed.  :( 

April 3rd, 2020

388084665_CovidStatsApril32020.gif.f2c134e77d497bec96f931a2a98b0429.gif

They are sobering, but not discouraging.

Testing reveals the extent of the problem, and isolates the infected. In a country of 350 million and only a few thousand cases of a contagious virus is scary. It means tens of thousands of undocumented people are running around infecting others without knowing it.  It gives us a false sense of security into thinking we don't really have any infections and can go about our lives as usual.

I like the testing. It tells us that we have a problem and need to protect ourselves and others. So the better we test, the higher the number, and the better we can protect each other. 

Edited by Bob

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/us/california-coronavirus-explainer/index.html

Looks like social distancing is effective in controlling covid-19.👍

California and New York -- the nation's hardest hit state -- had about the same number of coronavirus cases in the first week of March

By Friday 3-april, California had 11,889 cases compared to nearly 10 times that in New York, or 102,985 cases. The Golden State has 264 deaths to New York's 2,935.

Looks like Governor of California did the right thing in ordering the shelter in place. 👍

Singapore which now has 1,114 cases has ordered all businesses and schools except essential services to close on tue 7-apr.

All are to stay at home except to buy food or exercise while keeping a safe distance.

We are starting our first zoom meeting on Sunday.

https://www.gov.sg/article/covid-19-circuit-breaker-heightened-safe-distancing-measures-to-reduce-movement

Edited by WilliamChew

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

Some good news.

Most definitely good news....

1 hour ago, Mykyl said:

She can make dinner then.... 

(That last bit is a joke)

Why is that a joke? She's just been laying around for days, and a mans gotta eat.

What kind of sammich is she making first? 😜:boxing:

(Tell her we're happy she's recovering well, and our best wishes for you and the family as well. That is a stressful situation to go through)

6 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Looks like Governor of California did the right thing in ordering the shelter in place. 👍

He has made some tough decisions but he is doing a great job managing the crisis. He is very personable, has strong leadership skills and is very communicative. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D