JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

23 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Believe it or not Lee I I see less people now that I do when there wasn't the coronavirus to keep people in place hey bagwell1987 so you work for the post office are you clerk carrier manager which

Hey Todd,

Building maintenance, Astoria, Oregon, basement and second floor- check it out online, beautiful historic building built in 1939, lots of marble and beautiful wood work

Warrenton, Oregon whole building. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

4 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Well it's now hit much closer to home.

My sister has been told she has it and is now finally coming through the worst of it. It seems a health worker brought it into her home as my sister is disabled and gets help at home 

My wife is upstairs in isolation from the rest of us as she now has all the symptoms. They dont do tests here so wont get confirmation of that unless it gets much worse.

Her description is its like nothing she has ever experienced before. She works for a supermarket. So pretty clear where that came from. 

Ridiculous times.

Words can't express how sorry I am, Mike. I dread to say it, but I believe it is only a matter of time until we all get this, at least until there is a vaccine end of this year. My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and I have a slight wheeze from an ash volcano eruption in the 90'ies... we are both 40, both smoked about 15-20 years of our life... so there is a fair chance it will either kill us or maim us.

Despite all the things making life hard for me and my wife at the moment, we're so glad we know there is more to it than this rubbish.

Edited by ChocoBro

11 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Words can't express how sorry I am, Mike. I dread to say it, but I believe it is only a matter of time until we all get this, at least until there is a vaccine end of this year. My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and I have a slight wheeze from an ash volcano eruption in the 90'ies... we are both 40, both smoked about 15-20 years of our life... so there is a fair chance it will either kill us or maim us.

Despite all the things making life hard for me and my wife at the moment, we're so glad we know there is more to it than this rubbish.

Because my wife works around the public there was no chance she could really avoid it although it's more likely a fellow worker that brought it in trying to battle through.... Crazy.

Hope you folks at least use it as a reminder to avoid crowds or people if at all possible. 

Edited by Mykyl

Wednesday April 1

For both areas of Michigan the total is:

Cases – 9,334

Deaths -337

Upper Peninsula Counties:

Chippewa – 1

Delta – 3

Gogebic – 2.             Death - 1

Houghton – 1

Marquette - 4

Mackinaw – 1

Total of 12 now in the U P

There’s 9 remaining U P counties that have not reported any yet. Nothing in Alger county.....where me and Friends…..Ross ☺️ live.

The state erred yesterday listing 1 case in Schoolcraft county they changed to Mackinaw county. 

Alger county is marked with red X

FFE97CE6-9F52-4668-BB29-3F5E0045FBDD.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

7 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Because my wife works around the public there was no chance she could really avoid it although it's more likely a fellow worker that brought it in trying to battle through.... Crazy.

Hope you folks at least use it as a reminder to avoid crowds or people if at all possible. 

My wife's office colleague is in quarantine. Covid-19 is a black cloud that surrounds us all... at some point, we will have to take a huff of it, I suppose.

Kentucky now has 690 cases, with at least 18 deaths. The average age here of those affected is 51 or older.

Our county still only has 2 cases, but that's expected to change soon... And now they're saying that Kentucky will probably peak mid-May and go thru to July or so... I hope they're wrong and it clears up sooner lol... 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

In reference to what’s going on does Matthew 24:22 apply ? Because there are anointed ones all over the world most of them up in age or older And I’m pretty sure we’ve lost some of my brothers and sisters to this terrible disease or terrible virus not sure how many but hopefully we can get an update soon on the website Matthew 24:22 says

In fact unless those days were cut short no flash would be saved but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short

This convinces me apart from Bible prophecy.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/markets/australian-markets/coronavirus-australia-imf-says-wartime-measures-needed-for-economy-to-survive/news-story/e7ebd9096a368be90d8d09696ee8d833

The Washington-based group said the current crisis is unique to other financial downturns because its dramatic weakening isn’t driven by demand but by “unavoidable consequence of measures to limit the spread of the disease”, similar to the disruption of a violent international conflict.

8 hours ago, cricket246 said:

Kentucky now has 690 cases, with at least 18 deaths. The average age here of those affected is 51 or older.

Our county still only has 2 cases, but that's expected to change soon... And now they're saying that Kentucky will probably peak mid-May and go thru to July or so... I hope they're wrong and it clears up sooner lol... 

Hang in there sis.

I'm over it all. Though I make sure I wash my hands constantly and I try not to breath when I walk past someone in public. Seriously though I don't care if I get it. I suffer from fear and anxiety im sick of being in fear all the time ive always suffered from this I get it from my german ww2 grandparents. I look forward to the time when there will be No fear death and despair. 

16 hours ago, Loopy said:

Wednesday April 1

For both areas of Michigan the total is:

Cases – 9,334

Deaths -337

Upper Peninsula Counties:

Chippewa – 1

Delta – 3

Gogebic – 2.             Death - 1

Houghton – 1

Marquette - 4

Mackinaw – 1

Total of 12 now in the U P

There’s 9 remaining U P counties that have not reported any yet. Nothing in Alger county.....where me and Friends…..Ross ☺️ live.

The state erred yesterday listing 1 case in Schoolcraft county they changed to Mackinaw county. 

Alger county is marked with red X

FFE97CE6-9F52-4668-BB29-3F5E0045FBDD.jpeg

I live in Macomb County. Just over 1,000 confirmed cases. That's a good 7 hours from you. But we are fine, my wife and I and mom so far. We just take all the precautions, and I stopped watching the news here a week ago. I just read it.

They seem allergic to communicating the issues without selling fear along with it. 

Hobby Lobby, which is owned by Christian fundamentalists, tried to open this week in Ohio.  The Attorney General issued a cease and desist order to keep them closed.  Fortunately they relented.  Hobby Lobby is definitely not essential.

https://www.10tv.com/article/ohio-attorney-general-hobby-lobby-close-its-doors-following-cease-and-desist-letter-2020-apr

In my country, we are already on the 1 month quarantine until April 15. Everything stops.. All work and businesses stop but  supermarket, food stall ,  pharmacies are still open. 

No work for many people. They don't have savings. One couple in the congregation sent us food package.

Im thankful that Im still working part time to make ends meet. My parents have few savings. 

The government send food aid (3kilos of rice, 2 pack noodles, 1 can sardines)  per household for 2 weeks. How in the world could a family survive in that .  

Now, they plan to extend the quarantine for another month until May 15.. wow....

In our city, the bros and sister were doing cart witnessing 12 hours a day for almost 2 years. A lot of people saw those carts. They might be thinking deeply about their lives now. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/aerosol-coronavirus-spread-white-house-letter/index.html

"While the current [coronavirus] specific research is limited, the results of available studies are consistent with aerosolization of virus from normal breathing," according to the letter, written by Dr. Harvey Fineberg, chairman of a committee with the National Academy of Sciences.

Fineberg told CNN that he will wear start wearing a mask when he goes to the grocery store.

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House's coronavirus task force, told CNN Tuesday that the idea of recommending broad use of masks in the US to prevent the spread of coronavirus is under "very active discussion" by the group."

2020-04-02_12h07_12.png

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

In my country, we are already on the 1 month quarantine until April 15. Everything stops.. All work and businesses stop but  supermarket, food stall ,  pharmacies are still open. 

No work for many people. They don't have savings. One couple in the congregation sent us food package.

Im thankful that Im still working part time to make ends meet. My parents have few savings. 

The government send food aid (3kilos of rice, 2 pack noodles, 1 can sardines)  per household for 2 weeks. How in the world could a family survive in that .  

Now, they plan to extend the quarantine for another month until May 15.. wow....

In our city, the bros and sister were doing cart witnessing 12 hours a day for almost 2 years. A lot of people saw those carts. They might be thinking deeply about their lives now. 

There was an experience locally a couple years back in which a neighbor was used to seeing us come through her neighborhood regularly. We stopped coming briefly because the area was flooded. When she didn't see us until weeks and weeks after the flood, she told us that she was a little scared because she thought the world was going end since our preaching appeared to have stopped.

Yes, some are thinking for sure. 

4 hours ago, Loopy said:

Michigan schools closed for rest of the year. Governor just announced.

Linda, we have a brother who moved to Florida from Williamsburg, MI. It was announced that a friend of his in MI died from the Virus. Is that area near you? The brother and his wife are pioneers..so am assuming his friend was a brother..Have you heard of someone from that area who has died? Don't want to pry..don't know the brother and his wife personally..was an announcement after the cyber FS meeting today.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif