JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

26 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

Linda, we have a brother who moved to Florida from Williamsburg, MI. It was announced that a friend of his in MI died from the Virus. Is that area near you? The brother and his wife are pioneers..so am assuming his friend was a brother..Have you heard of someone from that area who has died? Don't want to pry..don't know the brother and his wife personally..was an announcement after the cyber FS meeting today.

No, Williamsburg is in the Lower Peninsula. 

The somewhat 😁 red circled pin is Williamsburg.    The purple circle is where I live.

I’m so sorry to hear that about that brother. ☹️

Williamsburg is in Grand Traverse county.   9 cases, 2 deaths. ☹️  But other than that,  that’s all I know. 

0189A99E-D0ED-4654-9E29-69867DAC063D.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

47 minutes ago, Loopy said:

No, Williamsburg is in the Lower Peninsula. 

The somewhat 😁 red circled pin is Williamsburg.    The purple circle is where I live.

I’m so sorry to hear that about that brother. ☹️

Williamsburg is in Grand Traverse county.   9 cases, 2 deaths. ☹️  But other than that,  that’s all I know. 

0189A99E-D0ED-4654-9E29-69867DAC063D.jpeg

Thanks Linda :heart:

Edited by SUNRAY

emoji

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Well apart from the mobile phones. Now there are more reasons to not trust the numbers China is publishing.

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

One of my new daily routines; I take a box and a bottle of sanitizer to the mail box, I put the mail in the box and sanitize my hands. Then I put the box in the garage for 24 hours before touching the mail....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evangelical-pastor-charged-holding-person-163835960.html

"Tony Spell, an evangelical pastor at the Life Tabernacle Church in suburban Baton Rouge, Louisiana, faces six misdemeanor charges after continuing in-person church services despite the state's stay-at-home order."

"Spell has held several services with hundreds of people in attendance over the last several weeks, and on Tuesday hosted 300 people after being charged with violating the governor's order that bans large gatherings."

he doesn't like livestreaming because he can't "lay hands" on his parishioners as he can in person.

"I cannot baptize people in a livestream. I can not lay hands on people in a livestream. I cannot pray for people in a livestream, and this is our biblical command — to lay hands on the sick and when they recover baptize them by immersion in water, which we do every day," Spell told Insider.

Spell says he plans to continue his in-person services, even after a police chief called it 'reckless and irresponsible.'

1 hour ago, Todd komaniak said:

If we did that at the post office we would have mail up to my ears

I know for a fact you postal folks are already up to your ears, with amazon, over night mail etc...you folks are some of the hardest working, underappreciated people I've seen lately. 👏 bravo for our postal workers.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 hour ago, Saffron said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evangelical-pastor-charged-holding-person-163835960.html

"Tony Spell, an evangelical pastor at the Life Tabernacle Church in suburban Baton Rouge, Louisiana, faces six misdemeanor charges after continuing in-person church services despite the state's stay-at-home order."

"Spell has held several services with hundreds of people in attendance over the last several weeks, and on Tuesday hosted 300 people after being charged with violating the governor's order that bans large gatherings."

he doesn't like livestreaming because he can't "lay hands" on his parishioners as he can in person.

"I cannot baptize people in a livestream. I can not lay hands on people in a livestream. I cannot pray for people in a livestream, and this is our biblical command — to lay hands on the sick and when they recover baptize them by immersion in water, which we do every day," Spell told Insider.

Spell says he plans to continue his in-person services, even after a police chief called it 'reckless and irresponsible.'

I don’t understand why people keep doing this, but people are stubborn. Some neighbors of mine just had a party Saturday. 

Just now, Bro Richard said:

wants to put a Spell on them? :eek:

Maybe he should perform his miracles in some of these hospitals. 🙄

22 minutes ago, runner92 said:

don’t understand why people keep doing this, but people are stubborn. Some neighbors of mine just had a party Saturday. 

I don't know either!! We are over here partying via zoom.. your neighbors should give that a shot. 😁

Everyone seems to be behaving where I live. Can't tell if it's because they just want to cooperate or if it's because the police are out here questioning and ticketing people who don't have a legit reason to be out of the house. 

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2020/04/02/world/europe/ap-un-virus-outbreak-un-resolution-.html

UN Adopts Resolution Urging Global Cooperation on COVID-19

The UN keeps on pushing for a global action to counter Covid 19.

The 15-member Security Council is expected to discuss the pandemic sometime next week. It is likely to have two resolutions to consider, one backed by the council’s 10 elected members and the other by permanent member France.

Edited by GraceH

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/world/americas/coronavirus-united-nations-guterres.html

Louis Charbonneau, the United Nations director at Human Rights Watch, said “the Security Council has been entirely missing in action” on the pandemic.

“We’re in a situation widely recognized as our most urgent security issue, with a large portion of the global population on lockdown, and the Security Council is incapable of doing anything,” he said.

The most immediate and important step the Council could take would be a declaration that the coronavirus represents a threat to peace and security, as it did six years ago during the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Such a designation, which carries the force of international law, would signal the Council’s collective resolve to defeat the pandemic and give Mr. Guterres’s requests much more weight.

It was not surprising, Mr. Guehenno said, that nations confronted with a mysterious new contagion would initially look after themselves. “In an emergency you first think of your family,” he said. “That is what is happening around the world.”

I think that this will change once the world realises that this situation is out of control and that they have to come together.

https://www.justsecurity.org/69336/what-the-un-security-council-can-do-on-coronavirus-a-global-goods-coordination-mechanism/

Leaders around the world, including President Donald Trump, are increasingly referring to their response to the novel coronavirus in terms of “war” against an unseen enemy. 

Within the UN system, maintenance of international peace and security falls to the Security Council, a 15-member body dominated by its five permanent, veto-wielding members: China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Given COVID-19’s obvious risk to global security, one would think the so-called P-5 members would have immediately taken up much-needed action to address the outbreak. Instead, nothing of the sort happened.

both the United States and China would benefit from taking a deep breath and resetting public health cooperation through the UN. The Security Council is the place to start. Many millions of lives depend on it.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/gov-inslee-slated-to-make-announcement-at-5-pm-news-conference?fbclid=IwAR3ZH9MLl495czeC_95TF_Wmn_9Ijp1qYCxMjOWuoH39xyRl2wDnQqu1hmg

Governor Jay Inslee of my state of Washington in the United States has extended what was a two week stay at home order to last through May fourth.  He did say before that he might extend the order.

Due to the growing number of covid-19 cases in Singapore. (1,114 cases in Singapore, with 473 patients in hospital.)

From this Sunday, the Government will distribute reusable masks to all households.

Up to now, the Government has advised the general public that you only need to wear a mask if you are not feeling well, as there was no community spread.

The situation has now changed, said Mr Lee.

There are some cases in the community going undetected, and there is evidence that an infected person can show no symptoms and yet still pass on the virus to others, he said.

"Therefore we will no longer discourage people from wearing masks," said Mr Lee.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/coronavirus-covid-19-lee-hsien-loong-address-nation-friday-apr-3-12605748

1 hour ago, WilliamChew said:

Due to the growing number of covid-19 cases in Singapore. (1,114 cases in Singapore, with 473 patients in hospital.)

From this Sunday, the Government will distribute reusable masks to all households.

Up to now, the Government has advised the general public that you only need to wear a mask if you are not feeling well, as there was no community spread.

The situation has now changed, said Mr Lee.

There are some cases in the community going undetected, and there is evidence that an infected person can show no symptoms and yet still pass on the virus to others, he said.

"Therefore we will no longer discourage people from wearing masks," said Mr Lee.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/coronavirus-covid-19-lee-hsien-loong-address-nation-friday-apr-3-12605748

Brother Chew ~ Thank you for keeping us up to date! Will continue my prayers for you and the friends there. Please be careful...:wub:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

March 9, 2020

Crowds returning to malls across Singapore despite Covid-19

When The New Paper visited Isetan department store at suburban mall Westgate on Saturday, hundreds of shoppers were at its moving-out sale.

One of them, Mr Bernard Seah, 65, said he was a bit concerned when he saw the throng.

"I've tried to avoid crowds, but since there was a sale, I went in for a while," he said.

"The virus does not seem so serious now as most clusters are identified and contained."

I think I would brave the Covid too if I had such a sales in my place. Probably don a full protective suit, goggles, etc. But here where I stay,  the situation is more dire than down south (Singapore)

One cannot be too confident as far as this virus is concerned. Let down your guard for a moment and it comes roaring back with a vengeance. 

I really envy the Singaporeans. They don't even need a lockdown when we here (north of the border) have been suffering from 18 March to 14 April. WHO predicts that the peak will come some time in the middle of April. So it looks like it's going to be MCO for the long haul. 😨

If they were giving that stuff away for free it wouldn’t be worth risking your life among all those people, and almost all of them not wearing gloves or a mask. Stay home, be safe, follow Jehovah’s direction.  Stay alive. We need each other.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

6 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Yes it’s coming down to this.  
    For you at home. The government hasn’t been truthful IMHO about how this is spread ( probably to conserve PPE ( which has failed). This virus spreads when people speak and breath ( 6 feet) cough and sneeze(27 feet). Or by contact from surfaces( the most common way).  
         If you make or acquire any mask ( contact exposure is still a factor). Place the mask under UV or direct sunlight ( car dashboard may work) . Wash your hands thoroughly. Wash and sanitize especially doorknobs and all their touchable surfaces. Bleach seems to work well. High proof alcohol is also good. Cleaning vinegar or ammonia . 
   But you’ve heard all this by now. And take it seriously.

As I posted before, this plasma solution seems to be a conscious matter to me to decline it. 

https://apnews.com/417e8315073e89a2a6b3a29bc0824956

I read some of it but not all of it. 

Screenshot_20200403-100946.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

14 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

If we did that at the post office we would have mail up to my ears

My husband is a postie. They have reduced their hours (supposedly because there is less mail, I don't think that is the true reason why), so at one depot ( not my husband's)  to finish on time some mail doesn't get delivered and is taken back to the depot to be delivered the next day and so on. It may well end up around their ears.