JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-gates-us-missed-chance-to-avoid-coronavirus-shutdown-2020-3?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=sf-insider-main&fbclid=IwAR1g_UIVr4zKz7qxW2vS8Vv9_Y_m77i5PeyYy4GPH-AUayph-fPtq6etdps

Bill Gates said that the United States missed its chance to avoid a coronavirus shut down.  He also said that the US is woefully behind other countries in testing for the virus.

Edited by JW2017

Someone with an English accent that sound's similar to Julie Andrews adapted the lyrics to encourage social distancing:

"You can do a million different things at home to stay sane, Like this:

Sleep, eat, whinge, tweet, snooze, blob, think

Loaf, mooch, doze, smooch, binge watch, drink"

Do Re Mi - Covid 19 version

https://youtu.be/MMBh-eo3tvE

17 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

There are now 8 know strains of This virus. All about as lethal. That is how people are recovering then getting sick again. The current plans to contain this via social distancing and sheltering in place simply will not work. This is here to stay.

Seriously? If there are 8 known strains now there will be 64 by summer..... I was expecting this was happening. Do you have a reliable source?

Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus
avatarMaintained by the Nextstrain team. Enabled by data from gisaid-logo
Showing 2058 of 2058 genomes sampled between Dec 2019 and Mar 2020. 
Phylogeny
ChinaHubeiBeijingAnhuiJiangxiChongqingHangzhouSichuanYunnanJiangsuShandongZhejiangFujianGuangdongShanghaiHong KongTaiwanTaoyuanAichiTokyoSaitamaNaraOsakaKyotoKanagawaGyeonggiChungcheongnamSeoulSouth KoreaSelangorKuala LumpurKathmanduKeralaIranKuwaitGilgit BaltistanTbilisiThanh HoaVinhphucRed River DeltaQuangningSihanoukvilleNonthaburiSingaporeQueenslandNew South WalesVictoriaWellingtonOtagoAucklandRiyadhSaint PetersburgEuropeReykjavikOsloCentral HungaryBaranyaKostolisteKosiceBratislavaMartinCopenhagenBretagneIle de FranceCentre-Val de LoirFranceAuvergne-Rhône-AlpPays de la LoireHauts de FranceBretagneBourgogne-France-CNormandieGrand EstAuvergne Rhone AlpSpainCastilla Y LeónGaliciaMadridFlandersLeuvenDilbeekSchotenRixensartVorstSint-Pieters-WoluwKasterleeCouthuinKessel-LoHolsbeekSint-NiklaasKraainemHuldenbergBrusselsLiègeSwitzerlandBavariaDuesseldorfBaden-WuerttembergNorth Rhine WestphNetherlandsUtrechtOverijsselGelderlandLimburgDrentheNorth BrabantFlevolandSouth HollandNorth HollandLuxembourgAustriaGermanyZielonogorskieBaselBernZurichAargauGenevaVaudTicinoGraubündenSchwyzComunitat ValenciaItalyLazioMarcheLombardyRomeFriuli Venezia GiuUsti nad LabemGrand Canary IslanCroatiaNorthern IrelandEnglandNottinghamshireUnited KingdomWalesDublinCorkLimerickScotlandSmålandHelsinkiFinlandDenmarkPortugalLagosKinshasaKwaZulu-NatalMbourToubaDakarBlidaBoufarikSantiagoTalcaSao PauloEspirito SantoBahiaGoiaisMinas GeraisRio Grande do SulRio de JaneiroDistrito FederalAmazonas StateAntioquiaQuitoPanama CityMexico CityUSAConnecticutTexasUtahArizonaCaliforniaIllinoisWisconsinMinnesotaMassachusettsNew YorkWashingtonBritish ColumbiaOntarioGrand PrincessCastilla y LeónDiamond PrincessAdmin Division2019-Nov2020-Jan2020-MarDate

Really good graphics on this site showing the way it has spread. Certain strains dominating different countries. 

11 minutes ago, My little flower said:

German state finance minister kills himself as #coronavirus hits economy. https://t.co/KBXnfAjAvg https://t.co/dfTePh1RoM

Much more of this yet to come, especially with all the (anti)social distancing. I am so glad that I am married and have bunnies. I feel so sorry for all the depressed and lonely singles locked up in their apartments.. I'm so glad that we know Jehovah doesn't particularly judge those with too little coping resources that make such a harsh decision to end their own lives. Often, people that commit suicide are precisely the type of heart person that Satan loves to torment.

I went to a store on Friday to get prescriptions and they had blue colored tape on the floor marking where people had to stand in line to stay far enough apart from each other at the pharmacy and at the check out lines in the main part of the store.  When I was in the main part of the store buying something and the cashier sanitized the counter and the device where you put your credit card or debit card after each person.  I thought that was good.

Edited by JW2017

Well this article is amusing.

https://punchng.com/covid-19-abuja-pastor-arrested-for-holding-sunday-service/

The amusing part is that the authorities quoted the bible scripture about obeying back to him lol.

Attah said, “You have violated and you have broken the rules. And you have done what is not appropriate.

“On Friday, we shut down some mosques at Kubwa. Today, we went around and said there should not be gatherings and we understand clearly well that you understand the holy books clearly well.

“When the Messiah Jesus was asked question by the Pharisees about Caesar. He said to them to give what belongs to Caesar to Caesar. And when Apostle Paul wrote to the Church of God that abided in Rome in Romans 13:1-2, he told them to be subject to all authority for they are being ordained by God. I know you understand that very clearly.

“We said people should sit down and stay at home. And if they sit at home, whatever prayer they want to offer can be offered. That means that our prayers can be heard anywhere.”

Uden, who nodded as Attah spoke, kept wiping his face with a handkerchief.

“What you are doing is a contravention. It is a breach of the rule.

“And as a people under God living and enforcing the law for such a time as this, we will do what is appropriate.

“You will come with us for explanations,” Attah concluded.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

2 hours ago, JW2017 said:

Six feet apart is pointless for droplet protection. It should be 23 feet. But it is effective for contact transmission so long as none touched anything. And Pal Bairers beware.

4 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Seriously? If there are 8 known strains now there will be 64 by summer..... I was expecting this was happening. Do you have a reliable source?

The mutation rate for COVID19 is low. 

Low Coronavirus Mutation Rate Gives Researchers Hope for Eventual Vaccine: Report

As the World Health Organization launches trials for potential treatments for COVID-19, scientists studying the coronavirus are encouraged that its low mutation rate could mean that a single vaccine is possible.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/low-coronavirus-mutations-mean-hope-for-a-single-vaccine.html

3 hours ago, Shawnster said:

Mutation

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/breaking-new-research-indicates-sars-cov-2-coronavirus-is-indeed-mutating-into-various-strains-that-have-specific-preference-of-attacking-human-host-

This news site is non-profit and very informative. The WHO early on denied the virus was airborne..this site published this and told the truth., that it is airborne. If there are only benign mutations that facilitate an early vaccine, etc. that would be financially beneficial for certain companies (just sayin')...On the other hand..read this link. there are other links to topics there also. Why even mention this? Because if you learn more about COVID-19, it may come into play as far as the decisions you make. The White house task force says.."assume everyone has the virus" and participate in the mitigation of this virus. That is wise advice..Look at Europe and what is happening across the US..this virus is very very contagious..Please be careful, friends.:o

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hundreds-church-flout-covid-19-175145072.html

"CENTRAL, La. (AP) — Hundreds of worshippers attended services at a Louisiana church on Sunday, flouting a ban on large gatherings, angering neighbors and seemingly turning a deaf ear to their governor, who once again warned that hospitals could soon be overwhelmed with new cases of the coronavirus.

An estimated 500 people of all ages filed inside the mustard-yellow and beige Life Tabernacle church in Central, a city of nearly 29,000 outside Baton Rouge."

"The virus has killed seven of more than 160 people diagnosed with the disease in East Baton Rouge Parish, where the church is located, according to state figures."

Here we go again. 

Our elders contacted us with direction to make sure we all had at least 30 days supplies of all our medications. ^_^ And then the government extended the self-isolation rules to April 30th. Just proves Jehovah is always 2 steps ahead. ❤️ 

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

6 hours ago, Shawnster said:

The mutation rate for COVID19 is low. 

Low Coronavirus Mutation Rate Gives Researchers Hope for Eventual Vaccine: Report

As the World Health Organization launches trials for potential treatments for COVID-19, scientists studying the coronavirus are encouraged that its low mutation rate could mean that a single vaccine is possible.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/low-coronavirus-mutations-mean-hope-for-a-single-vaccine.html

does that apply to the original strain S or the mutated strain L? 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Here's another article regarding churches who refuse to close their doors.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/29/church-goers-around-the-world-ignore-social-distance-advice

Here's an excerpt from the article where I had a little chuckle afterwards:

“People are really suffering with this, because they need this spiritual, emotional and financial support,” said Pastor Josué Valandro Jr. “It is very serious to close all the churches.”

Oh! :itsoksign: Pastor, you haven't seen nothing yet!

3 minutes ago, Omoyeme said:

Here's another article regarding churches who refuse to close their doors.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/29/church-goers-around-the-world-ignore-social-distance-advice

Here's an excerpt from the article where I had a little chuckle afterwards:

Oh! :itsoksign: Pastor, you haven't seen nothing yet!

Isn't it amazing that these religous leaders and teachers seem to have zero awareness of the world they are living in and the scriptual state of affairs?

Edited by EccentricM