JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

This site has a running tally of statistics related to the coronavirus, worldwide and a country by country breakdown. There are other running tallies such as public healthcare  expenditure and public military expenditure.
There are quite a number of excellent charts on this site.
Just a reminder that not all are updated as soon as we would like. Some charts are still based on February figures. It's now nearly April.

Old Tone (Downunder)

13 hours ago, richietj77 said:

These are the orders here in PR.

https://www.elnuevodia.com/english/english/nota/governmenturgespeoplenottoleavehome-2553124/

It's curious, the day it came in effect, we received a text message from our Service Group Overseer telling us that Sunday meeting had been cancelled. We didn't knew why.

1 hour later, the government announced the lockdown.

It was supposed to end on Monday, but the government is planning to extend it two more weeks, as cases now are going up. At the start of the lockdown, we were in 5 cases only.

Today, there are 64. And 2 deaths. 

And this was changed today by the government...

The lockdown has been oficially extended until April 12.

The curfew times will change next Tuesday, instead of 9pm-5am, it will be 7pm-5am.

Supermarkets will be closed on Sundays. People were going to the supermarkets besides buying food because it was the only thing open.

And the last new thing, vehicles with a license plate that ends on even numbers can only be on the road on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Vehicles with license plates that ends on odd numbers can only be on the road on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Exceptions are if you are in a emergency. Sundays, well, nothing is open, so, where can you go?

And cases tonight keep going up. 70 cases.

Special Talk, Memorial, preaching, everything will be via Zoom. At least we will get peace inside our homes, far from this crazy world.  

3 minutes ago, pnutts said:

My wife showed me a video. If Google is correct it is from CDC.

Onmy tablet and fat fingers won't let me post link.

it is on YouTube. CDC video Beatles, I gotta wash my hands. 😄

Oh please no🙄

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

My wife was blown away today when I shared a news pop-up

that the US had now surpassed all other countries with virus cases

she was in shock - even china and Italy..... yes

saw separte article claiming 81K. -  83k —- and using the source just mentioned a few posts earlier — it show 85,000

how quickly things change - we got some instruction to obtain 6-8 weeks of supplies

canned foods - medicine , etc......and each FSGO shared this with his group...

today we see the impact....

we had a zoom FSGO meeting tonight - for Congregation Bible study

and then as a family study project we pulled out and re-organized our TO-GO bags

the friends in Bahamas had to use theirs this past hurricane season - and they had nothing to go back to on ABACO Island

The Bahamas and the China lock down for months .... made me rethink which items to take in my TOGO bag

be safe friends

10 hours ago, DarinS said:

My wife was blown away today when I shared a news pop-up

that the US had now surpassed all other countries with virus cases

she was in shock - even china and Italy..... yes

saw separte article claiming 81K. -  83k —- and using the source just mentioned a few posts earlier — it show 85,000

how quickly things change - we got some instruction to obtain 6-8 weeks of supplies

canned foods - medicine , etc......and each FSGO shared this with his group...

today we see the impact....

we had a zoom FSGO meeting tonight - for Congregation Bible study

and then as a family study project we pulled out and re-organized our TO-GO bags

the friends in Bahamas had to use theirs this past hurricane season - and they had nothing to go back to on ABACO Island

The Bahamas and the China lock down for months .... made me rethink which items to take in my TOGO bag

be safe friends

Darrin,  can you be more specific about what changed with regard to what to put in TOGO bag? 

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

On 3/26/2020 at 2:53 PM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Of course, we students of Jehovah's Word know of THE Coronavirus cure FOR SURE!  

:D 

I personally cringe when I see pictures like this. It isn't the loving Jesus at all that will cure mankind, which would be far more suitable than this picture. Why are Jehovah's Witnesses always so nasty about the end of this system of things?

Edited by ChocoBro

29 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I personally cringe when I see pictures like this. It isn't the loving Jesus at all that will cure mankind, which would be far more suitable than this picture. Why are Jehovah's Witnesses always so nasty about the end of this system of things?

Do you mean the people here or the organization in general? 

Edited by Mykyl

Chocobro I didn't get to see what picture you were talking about I scroll back and couldn't find anything but I think you're blaming the wrong person this system of things is run by Satan he's killed everybody he is the number one mass murderer in the universe and you may have heard this before but if someone is sitting on the fence about whose side they're on satan owns the fence