JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Why didn't they start thinking the obvious years ago?

https://www.un.org/en/

According to the Twitter posts under the Sec-General's twitter post about it, it was brought on by this

image.png.0585f382cb38e7ccba173ae0ce25fd54.png

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

9 hours ago, zoebarry said:

******EXCITING NEWS*******

My Group Overseer just sent an email to us, telling us we have a Zoom meeting tonight at 6 PM to discuss a branch announcement!

Did anyone else here hear anything?

Apparently things have changed. No family is to physically associate or visit anyone. Period. Stay home. Video RVs and Studies. Video meetings just your household...just those living in your home. Nobody is to visit not even for meetings nor association. 10 or less rule went out the door. 

4 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Apparently things have changed. No family is to physically associate or visit anyone. Period. Stay home. Video RVs and Studies. Video meetings just your household...just those living in your home. Nobody is to visit not even for meetings nor association. 10 or less rule went out the door. 

Is this just for America?

I am in Johannesburg South Africa. As of now we have 554 confirmed cases. Last night the Head of States announced a complete lock-down starting on Thursday the 26th of March. We are on standby for instructions from the branch about meetings ministry and Memorial. Previously for the past week some congregations had been split into smaller groups; some were using Zoom. My congregation attendance is usually not more than 75 so last Sunday we attended as a congregation. We have been encouraged to skip a chair when sitting at the Hall just to create some distance between people. However starting Thursday gatherings are no longer allowed and in this part of the world most of our friends have no capacity to use technology, so we are not sure yet how we will encourage each other and share spiritual food. 

Do you think people like this will be resurrected even though they died as BTG?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8145967/Italian-priest-72-dies-coronavirus-giving-away-respirator.html

Because it was definitely a selfless act...

Edited by Nirex

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

12 minutes ago, Nirex said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8145967/Italian-priest-72-dies-coronavirus-giving-away-respirator.html

No one knows.

One thing I’m sure of is that the purpose of this world is the vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty.

So salvation for each person will take place for each person at a different time.. 

God is giving a customized lesson for each living person.. 

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

Anyone not condemned by Jehovah will be in line for a resurrection. 

9 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

If this goes on for, um, 9 months or so, there could be a really serious problem. With the medical system already strained at its seams.

I, perhaps see home deliveries. Of some sort. Back to basics!

Call the midwife!  may become more than just the name of a popular PBS show. :D 

1452972749_Callthemidwife.jpg.e1afca6e6d1bb56a6cd558661cd4e85b.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Wouldn't it be crazy with all those peace talks and then BGT had the first stages of being turned on due to all these lockdowns? Think about it, if people keep trying to go to/do services, the governments will crack down on them with arrests or fines, and dispersing gatherings.

It would potentially be a stepping stone to removing them, all based upon a crisis as their "only option". The pandemic giving them that justified opportunity.

Edited by EccentricM

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/louisiana-pastor-coronavirus/index.html

"Think about it, if people keep trying to go to/do services, the governments will crack down on them with arrests or fines, and dispersing gatherings.

Like this preacher!

A Louisiana pastor defies a state order and holds a church service with hundreds of people

"Keep going to church! Keep on worshiping God! ... The church is a hospital for the sick! It's a place of healing for the brokenhearted!"

In holding services for so many followers at his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, Spell defied an emergency order by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards banning public or private gatherings with more than 50 people to stop the spread of Covid-19.

a few like Spell defiantly refuse, arguing that they have a right to worship as they please, and that, with fears of contagion upending our daily lives,

They're pushing it!

Atlanta, GA, is on a 14-day mandatory quarantine/lockdown.

Northeast Georgia not just yet, but we will probably get there.  10 cases in my county alone.  800 cases in the entire state.  This is just the medical aspect of the disease; we haven't fully seen the economic and financial impact yet.

54 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.  For men will be hoarders of toilet paper, lovers of bleach, panic shopping, scared, disobedient to CDC, sneezing and having no face mask, having hand sanitizer and not open to any sharing, slatherers of soap without self-control, self quarantined without love of good hygiene, wrongful eaters and puffed up with indigestion, lovers of cable TV rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of social distancing but proving false to its power; and from these turn away for at least 6 feet. - 2 Timothyish 3:1-5

Just to let you know, I'm stealing that. :lol:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

23 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

In my opinion, the attitude of the vineyard workers of Matthew 20:12 pervades this discussion. I've read and heard brothers saying it would be unfair if people had a chance to repent during the Great Tribulation. I can't fathom out that level of lack of mercy or compassion.

I could be wrong, of course, but I think there's a reason we are pushing for the build of a worldwide media center. Seriously, for what? To make an awe-inspiring, feature length video to show people how they're all doomed to die? Or for post-Armageddon feel-good movies? Will we need any of that? To me, it feels like the final push and fulfillment of Isaiah 60:22 is coming. I may be wrong, but I certainly prefer to hope for it!

I have suffered from depression in this system for most of my life, but I would gladly risk giving up my chance at everlasting life if it meant two others would survive instead. Maybe that's just me, though.

Too much conjecture to me. Sorry.

I feel the same way.  Your last paragraph made me cry.  After being abducted by a monster at 19 (though I was married) my mother-in-law was in love with her son (my childhood sweetheart and husband).  She sold me and my daughter and I was forced to marry this monster because the only way I could get baptized was to marry him.  I loved Jehovah and I married this man after an illegal divorce.  Anyways, I have 2 daughters one from my childhood sweetheart and another by rape from this monster.  I would gladly also give up my chance of everlasting life if it meant 2 others would survive.  And thats not just you feeling that way.  This system has chewed me up and spat me out.  Jehovah is watching.  Hang tight.

2 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.  For men will be hoarders of toilet paper, lovers of bleach, panic shopping, scared, disobedient to CDC, sneezing and having no face mask, having hand sanitizer and not open to any sharing, slatherers of soap without self-control, self quarantined without love of good hygiene, wrongful eaters and puffed up with indigestion, lovers of cable TV rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of social distancing but proving false to its power; and from these turn away for at least 6 feet. - 2 Timothyish 3:1-5

Is that direct from the Ratherham translation? :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I stole that "Timothyish" post too.  And I leave you with this, which I found elsewhere:

You are the dancing queen,

young and sweet

stuck in quarantine

Dancing queen, feel the beat

of Covid-19

Oh yeah

You can dance

You can jive

But only from inside

See that girl

from 6 feet,

during Covid-19