JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, paulc said:

Why is it so much easier when it’s someone else?  But when it’s us it’s becomes so much more real... in a bad way.  But.... the way it’s going there’s no telling what the government might do next.  So we wait... for the other shoe to drop. Go bags maybe?  

At this time, they may be, “Stay Bags”. 
And, if so, Jehovah will give us an opportunity to replenish them. They probably need updated anyway!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

37 minutes ago, M'Awan said:

22 March 2020

Italy The scourge continues unabated. 

This is reality. We need to look for ways to respect the seriousness of this. 
And, wait for further instructions from Jehovah. Not worry, and not jump ahead.
I imagine if I could see the holy  spirit  In action, during this time...I get to pick a color, and I pick purple. The skies would just be purple! 

Edited by Miss Bea

16 minutes ago, My little flower said:

There is exactly a scriptural example that seems to agree to the point that people may change during a judgement message and perhaps jehovah may forgive them. This is the example of jonah.after preaching a judgment message the ninevites changed and jehovah forgave them. I stand to be counseled on this one 

In my opinion, the attitude of the vineyard workers of Matthew 20:12 pervades this discussion. I've read and heard brothers saying it would be unfair if people had a chance to repent during the Great Tribulation. I can't fathom out that level of lack of mercy or compassion.

I could be wrong, of course, but I think there's a reason we are pushing for the build of a worldwide media center. Seriously, for what? To make an awe-inspiring, feature length video to show people how they're all doomed to die? Or for post-Armageddon feel-good movies? Will we need any of that? To me, it feels like the final push and fulfillment of Isaiah 60:22 is coming. I may be wrong, but I certainly prefer to hope for it!

I have suffered from depression in this system for most of my life, but I would gladly risk giving up my chance at everlasting life if it meant two others would survive instead. Maybe that's just me, though.

14 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

Revelation 16:21 is pretty clear. The people not some or most of the people.

Too much conjecture to me. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

In my opinion, the attitude of the vineyard workers of Matthew 20:12 pervades this discussion. I've read and heard brothers saying it would be unfair if people had a chance to repent during the Great Tribulation. I can't fathom out that level of lack of mercy or compassion.

I could be wrong, of course, but I think there's a reason we are pushing for the build of a worldwide media center. Seriously, for what? To make an awe-inspiring, feature length video to show people how they're all doomed to die? Or for post-Armageddon feel-good movies? Will we need any of that? To me, it feels like the final push and fulfillment of Isaiah 60:22 is coming. I may be wrong, but I certainly prefer to hope for it!

I have suffered from depression in this system for most of my life, but I would gladly risk giving up my chance at everlasting life if it meant two others would survive instead. Maybe that's just me, though.

Too much conjecture to me. Sorry.

It clearly says they blaspheme god. No conjecture at all. It says what it says.

Edited by Mykyl

I wonder what they’re doing about all the homeless people that are living literally on the streets, in tents and in cardboard boxes right next to each other?  Even in big cities like L.A., they’re all over the place by the thousands in some places.  It can’t be good. 

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

30 minutes ago, My little flower said:

There is exactly a scriptural example that seems to agree to the point that people may change during a judgement message and perhaps jehovah may forgive them. This is the example of jonah.after preaching a judgment message the ninevites changed and jehovah forgave them. I stand to be counseled on this one 

The equivalent is taking place now. We are basically standing now telling them to repent before it's too late.

11 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

In my opinion, the attitude of the vineyard workers of Matthew 20:12 pervades this discussion. I've read and heard brothers saying it would be unfair if people had a chance to repent during the Great Tribulation

If people decides to genuinely repent and jehovah decides to forgive them, he will do us no wrong.

A sister text this encouraging message from a brother in Ireland

From a CO in Ireland: 

“Alone but not abandoned - We are United! Reflect on the story of Noah and his family!  About 1 year in the ark without being able to leave, in the middle of nowhere and in the middle of a vast ocean, in an unprecedented construction that had never been made, they only heard the rain falling and constantly felt the ark move, there were no windows, nor  no balconies, no terraces, no internet, no phone, no video calls and no JW Streaming.  But you know what?  Jehovah took care of them.  So let us not doubt that our father Jehovah will also take care of us, because he is always, always with us.  Genesis chapter 7 is very exciting for all of us who are quarantined.  Out there is an ocean of viruses, but Jehovah is watching over us!  Courage brothers ❤ [Isa.33:6]””

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just now, Mykyl said:

I follow what we are taught not what I may hope. If that changes then fine. But for me with my three older boys out there I cant risk hoping for then.

The Revelation book is not as adamant as some comments in this thread. The comments on Re16:21 while not saying there would a great repentance and a turning to Jehovah it leaves room for a possibility that some would have achange of heart. "To the end, most of humankind will continue to deny and blaspheme God." The point is made that there will be no large scale change of heart (such as Niniveh.) The terminology used in th book leaves roomfor some, far less than MOST might have a change of heart but it will not be of large scale. It does not deny that there might be some as in a possible few..

*** re chap. 32 p. 234 par. 39 God’s Anger Brought to a Finish ***
39 Thus, Satan’s world will meet up with Jehovah’s righteous judgment. To the end, most of humankind will continue to defy and blaspheme God. As with Pharaoh of old, their hearts will not be softened by the repeated plagues or by the final death-dealing culmination of those plagues. (Exodus 11:9, 10) There will be no last-minute, large-scale change of heart. With their dying breath, they will rail against the God who declares: “They will have to know that I am Jehovah.” (Ezekiel 38:23) Nevertheless, the sovereignty of Jehovah God the Almighty will have been vindicated.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

"[Dr.] Peleg said that, from what he sees and hears in the hospital, the instructions are not to offer access to artificial respiratory machines to patients over 60, as such machines are limited in number."

Italy is triaging patients based on survivability, it would seem.  They're still treating folks over 60. Certain treatments are contraindicated, though, because they're not showing much of a success rate - intubation, for folks over 60, just isn't working.

Edited by Barbllm

3 minutes ago, Barbllm said:

https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Italy is no longer treating anyone over the age of 60.  "[Dr.] Peleg said that, from what he sees and hears in the hospital, the instructions are not to offer access to artificial respiratory machines to patients over 60, as such machines are limited in number."

Saw that a few days ago. Didnt want to post it.

The Revelation book is not as adamant as some comments in this thread. The comments on Re16:21 while not saying there would a great repentance and a turning to Jehovah it leaves room for a possibility that some would have achange of heart. "To the end, most of humankind will continue to deny and blaspheme God." The point is made that there will be no large scale change of heart (such as Niniveh.) The terminology used in th book leaves roomfor some, far less than MOST might have a change of heart but it will not be of large scale. It does not deny that there might be some as in a possible few..

*** re chap. 32 p. 234 par. 39 God’s Anger Brought to a Finish ***
39 Thus, Satan’s world will meet up with Jehovah’s righteous judgment. To the end, most of humankind will continue to defy and blaspheme God. As with Pharaoh of old, their hearts will not be softened by the repeated plagues or by the final death-dealing culmination of those plagues. (Exodus 11:9, 10) There will be no last-minute, large-scale change of heart. With their dying breath, they will rail against the God who declares: “They will have to know that I am Jehovah.” (Ezekiel 38:23) Nevertheless, the sovereignty of Jehovah God the Almighty will have been vindicated.

Yes, but isn't the term large scale in itself a matter of definition? Since apparently, 300.000 is a huge number to some here, would a million be large scale?

What about two million.

What about eight. In a world of 8 BILLION people, is a growth of a few million a large scale development?

Yes, percentage wise in terms of growth it may be. But not if you look at the overall picture. It is still a miniscule fraction of the world population.

I leave it to Jehovah but I prefer to hope for the best and brace for the worst. The Bible seems to indicate hope is important, connected to love. Love builds up, knowledge puffs up.

Sent from my S68Pro using Tapatalk

Psalms 84:11. “For Jehovah is a sun and a shield, 

Favor and glory are what he gives.

Jehovah himself will not hold

Back anything good from those

Walking in faultinesses” 

That is the bottom line for me. I just have to do what I can to maintain it. 

The percentage of fatalities to the known number of Covi-19 cases has increased dramatically. In China we saw the number varying from 2% to close to 4%, depnding mostly on the news source. In Italy as of this morning it is reported that roughly 10% of those infected are dying. It may be due to of a lot of seniors in Northern Italy, but at the same time the Italian authorities are reporting a much higher number of serious cases in the infant to midlife catagory.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

24 March 2020  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news

Horrifying images show coronavirus patients lying on the floor of a packed Madrid hospital as city is overrun with cases and country's death toll tops 2,000 with 462 victims in past 24 hours.

The patients are waiting to be seen by doctors.

Madrid has recorded 58 per cent of the country's deaths and the crisis has brought the healthcare system to the brink of collapse.   

The country is in danger of becoming the new epicentre of the outbreak in Europe, with Italy's latest figures offering some hope that the crisis there could start to ease

I shudder to think what the situation would be like in a developing country, such as the one I'm in,  if even developed western countries can barely cope with this relentless onslaught.

Well, 1327 in Lower Peninsula and 1 in the very far eastern part of the U P of Michigan .

Or 1328 total. 

15 have died. ☹️

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”