JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

In Australia it’s just been announced places of worship, cinemas, pubs, restaurants  to shut down as of tomorrow. 
 Schools remaining open??? 

Looks like we are meeting in small groups in homes. Well Not sure as we are supposed to stay 4 square metres apart I think. All so confusing here 

17 hours ago, runner92 said:

I'm really just have a hard time believing this is what leads to the GT. At the time of the GT, won't we be out and about preaching still?

Who knows where it's all headed though. It could come right after this. 

Just relax. Great things are coming yet. I am hopeful that we are about to experience amazing yield in our service effort. Jehovah knows the hearts, and there are so many wonderful people yet to save.

Certainly, though, this is extremely meaningful.

Next month, a lot of "Holy" ceremonies are probably going to show how extremely many religions lack sensibility. Muslims will pack the mosques illegally during Ramadan. Christian nuts, particularly from Orthodoxism, will carry out their silly witchcraft ceremonies at Easter. Sikhism has Baisakhi and Judaism has Passover in April. I assume this may cause a new wave of Corona outbreaks just when people thought we will get it under control.

Beyond that, the propaganda wars are running hot about whether this extremely complex and aggressive virus may have been cooked up in a lab, either by the Chinese (since they got their outbreak well under control, very fast, according to their own numbers) or by the Americans (so claimed by China). This propaganda war is being fuelled by the extreme damage caused to economies because of Corona. Where you have a propaganda war, you have the potential for a real war.

Meanwhile, the Earth has started shaking in Salt Lake City and in Croatia... possibly a precursor to something bigger.

But I simply can't imagine no preaching effort at all. But perhaps a different preaching effort. Preaching with social media, preaching with phone calls, contacting old school friends on facebook. Cart witnessing will probably return but with more contactless communication. Door to door, I could imagine we will slowly have to start giving up. Yes, this is how Jesus taught us to preach. But keep in mind, there were absolutely no alternatives in the day

4 minutes ago, shans81 said:

In Australia it’s just been announced places of worship, cinemas, pubs, restaurants  to shut down as of tomorrow. 
 Schools remaining open??? 

Looks like we are meeting in small groups in homes. Well Not sure as we are supposed to stay 4 square metres apart I think. All so confusing here 

It feels like Satan's system all over the world commercially is closing shop for good.

I work on a COVID-19 floor. The first positives have arrived this week 3-16-20 . One staff has tested positive. 
    This is what I have learned in the last few days . 
             1. The government has not been telling the whole truth.  Any Mask is better than none but n95 is effective. Problem is : taking off mask your hands become contaminated and n95 is not easily disinfected for reuse. Only good for about eight hours. And we are running out of them fast.  
           2. The virus kills young healthy people who are Chronically exposed due to viral load. Healthcare workers taking care of the sick are becoming sick through chronic exposure without regard to age or health status. 
         3 If you test positive and are healthy ( a symptomatic or minimally symptomatic ) self isolate and rest away from others for 14 days and you become immune to that strain. But if you don’t know you have it the viral load can get you fast. 
        4. Reusable masks can be disinfected with 90 proof or better alcohol. Some Doctors and nurses are making reusable masks with removable furnace filter materials . Because of shortages. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/there-isnt-going-be-all-clear-signal/608512/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

They are stating that the coronavirus crisis could last 18 months.  However, people will put up with a lot for 1 or 2 months, but not 18.  Imagine being quarantined for 18 long, insane months.  The article admits this:  "None of which means that people now hunkered down at home will keep doing so through late 2021. The economic consequences of an indefinite lockdown are unsustainable. And at a certain point, the emotional tensions that staying home imposes upon families, as spouses grate upon each other and children get bored and fall behind on their schoolwork, become a danger to domestic harmony, and maybe even to everyone's sanity."

Then another problem arises: if people go back to work or school after, say, 2-3 months, the disease may have a massive resurgence and then the world is back to square one.  A couple of other things that might happen (my opinion only): humanity as a whole becomes a much more technological civilization, and businesses will diversify and introduce business continuity plans; the government and the private sector to put more focus on public health; the development of AI is sped up considerably; people become far more conscientious about preparing for catastrophes.  Or, it could also put some dents in civil liberties and give governments an excuse to be more autocratic and totalitarian. We've already seen that popping up, and in many cases people supporting it, "because the virus".

2 hours ago, GraceH said:

It feels like Satan's system all over the world commercially is closing shop for good.

2 days ago I went to Bust Buy to get an I-pad, and yesterday I saw on the internet and someone ask a question when are they going to close down. Well, today it did. Jehovah helped me.

I'm trying my best to not be anxious or come across bitter, but my almost 70 yo father went to the meeting today because he was assigned to read the WT. I know we have to rely on Jehovah, but doesn't he also want us to use our brain? People 65+ have been instructed not to leave home by the CDC. I really don't understand why he had to go and a younger brother couldn't have taken his place. 😢

Edited by runner92

25 minutes ago, runner92 said:

I'm trying my best to not be anxious or come across bitter, but my almost 70 yo father went to the meeting today because he was assigned to read the WT. I know we have to rely on Jehovah, but doesn't he also want us to use our brain? People 65+ have been instructed not to leave home by the CDC. I really don't understand why he had to go and a younger brother couldn't have taken his place. 😢

I agree with you that this should be a serious matter.

Our boe had arranged a meeting with younger elders and younger ms yesterday and that wouldn't have happened at my congregation.  The rest of the friends tied in by phone and khconf.  All went well and even after the meeting we had an elder /servant meeting encouraging us what to expect. All of what we do are based on what the branch communicated with them and what the co who stays downstairs have communicated with them. 

Unless anything else comes up will repeat for midweek meeting for Monday.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Christian nuts, particularly from Orthodoxism, will carry out their silly witchcraft ceremonies at Easter.

I hadn't thought about that.  Yes.  The Orthodox branch of Christendom is much more zealous or zealots than the western protestant groups.  Also on that list would be evangelicals, Pentecostals, and maybe some strongly devout Catholics.  Good point.

36 minutes ago, runner92 said:

Did he check with anyone before he went? The brothers may have been surprised that he showed up.

I don't know the situation but I wouldn't fault the brothers for your fathers decision..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 minutes ago, My little flower said:

They dont need to change the constitution of the US to allow them to attack religion.they just need to quarantine it.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483758-coronavirus-constitutional-rights-government/

I think that its amazing that in all of our speculation that I don't think we envisioned this scenario. 

BTW: That site is funded by the Russian Federation. Please be careful.

About RT

RT creates news with an edge for viewers who want to Question More. RT covers stories overlooked by the mainstream media, provides alternative perspectives on current affairs, and acquaints international audiences with a Russian viewpoint on major global events.

RT is an autonomous, non-profit organization that is publicly financed from the budget of the Russian Federation. For more information, contact: 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

I think that its amazing that in all of our speculation that I don't think we envisioned this scenario. 

BTW: That site is funded by the Russian Federation. Please be careful.

About RT

RT creates news with an edge for viewers who want to Question More. RT covers stories overlooked by the mainstream media, provides alternative perspectives on current affairs, and acquaints international audiences with a Russian viewpoint on major global events.

RT is an autonomous, non-profit organization that is publicly financed from the budget of the Russian Federation. For more information, contact: 

Thanks for the heads up

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

is an autonomous, non-profit organization that is publicly financed from the budget of the Russian Federation. For more information, contact: 

Edited 1 hour ago by Bro Richard

For more information I will contact bro Richard down there😎