JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

So while we are being encouraged to social distance, the restaurants are either closed or curbside only. Yet, people are out everywhere today!  Lines upon lines at Lowe’s Hardware.  I guess everyone is ready to do home projects while they are holed up.  But I think it’s irresponsible for Lowe’s not to be enforcing some kind of distancing in their lines. 🤦🏻‍♀️  We are only out to do our office cleaning job for the weekend.  Walked in to get a dust mop and left with nothing. Not worth it. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/20/purell-manufacturer-sued-misleading-germ-killing-claims-coronavirus/

PURELL LAWSUIT WE'RE 100% SUING YOU!!!For 'Misleading' 99.99% Claims

Purell manufacturer, Gojo Industries, was sued last week in Ohio federal court by 4 individuals claiming the Purell packaging flaunts "misleading claims" about the effectiveness of its product.

According to the legal docs ... Purell's front label claims that it "kills 99.99% of illness causing germs" implies that figure is backed by scientific support, but the folks suing say none exists.

Likewise, the suit adds that Purell hand sanitizer claims to help prevent infection and diseases, but there's allegedly "no sound scientific evidence to support the claims."

Maybe my homemade concoction isn't any worse after all!

2020-03-21_18h10_09.png

555 confirmed cases in Georgia, USA, with 20 deaths. [https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/coronavirus-georgia-live-updates-whats-happening-today/ZJMR3KWY2ZEP7KSHYEHVVZCDEE/?fbclid=IwAR1rEi8BQj5SvJHnWcqwAmJxCeLjUVgdSJoA0gQZUXG5v2TWGZ9jvkDcu7U]

• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Georgia is now 555 with 20 deaths, up from 485 cases and 14 deaths as of 7 p.m. on Friday.
  • Georgia’s Department of Corrections says three offenders that were housed at Lee State Prison in Leesburg, Ga. tested positive for COVID-19.
  • Gov. Brian Kemp has announced a 60-day extension for many Georgians with a driver’s license and/or ID Card nearing expiration. All Department of Driver Services (DDS) licensing centers statewide are closed through March 31 2020.
  • Vice President Mike Pence says he and his wife will be tested for the coronavirus Saturday afternoon, after one of his staff members tested positive for the virus.
  • Dougherty County in Albany is under a shelter-in-place order because of the number of coronavirus cases there.
  • The DeKalb County Clerk of Superior Court’s office is closed until April 13 after an employee tested positive for the virus there.
  • Updated numbers of coronavirus cases in Georgia are released at 12 p.m. and 7 p.m. daily.
  • State Senator Kay Kirkpatrick announced on Facebook she is the 2nd Georgia senator to test positive for the virus.
  • On Saturday morning, Atlanta police announced an officer who works in the Atlanta Police Department headquarters has tested positive for COVID-19. This is the first confirmed case within the department. Official said it wouldn’t affect police operations.
  • Tybee Island and several Georgia beaches are now closed to keep crowds from mingling.
  • Gwinnett County is cracking down on large gatherings after young people were spotted flooding local parks.
  • MARTA says as of Friday, rail ridership is down 58 percent and bus ridership is down 41 percent from last month. “With lower ridership, social distancing is possible for riders traveling to/from essential work and activities. For those of you who rely on us, MARTA will be here,” it said in a statement.
  • Goodwill announced it will close all stores across the state for the next two weeks.
  • The City of Chamblee is the latest to join a long list of cities prohibiting in-person dining and groups of more than 10 people.

It looks like we will be celebrating the Memorial in our own homes this year.  

On 3/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, Stormswift said:

I can vouch for this recipe as far as keeping things away from you ... in fact when we used it as kids somehow we were the only group not surrounded by sandflies or other people!!  This is my mother's recipe not sure where she got it from. But with the dettol component - it certainly is better than nothing.

Mandi....mum got it from plunket....for ones that dont know what this is, here in NZ it is an organisation for parents and families that monitor, guide and help with newborns, babies and right through to about 3 or 4 years of age, a nurse visits you in your home, and checks on the weight and health of your baby and is there for you to ask questions and for help, they give advice and they have recipes for everything from baby food through to this sort of thing, which is safe for babies and the nee mums.

43 minutes ago, Life4u said:

The friends in Italy need our prayers. Those dying from the virus is astounding. I fear it and I'm not even there. 

Yeah, 800 people have died within the last 24 hours. Just in: Italy is in complete lockdown - https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-world-live-updates/live-coverage/0f195d52233bfc38b22f5d15c81b50e0

25 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/20/purell-manufacturer-sued-misleading-germ-killing-claims-coronavirus/

PURELL LAWSUIT WE'RE 100% SUING YOU!!!For 'Misleading' 99.99% Claims

Purell manufacturer, Gojo Industries, was sued last week in Ohio federal court by 4 individuals claiming the Purell packaging flaunts "misleading claims" about the effectiveness of its product.

According to the legal docs ... Purell's front label claims that it "kills 99.99% of illness causing germs" implies that figure is backed by scientific support, but the folks suing say none exists.

Likewise, the suit adds that Purell hand sanitizer claims to help prevent infection and diseases, but there's allegedly "no sound scientific evidence to support the claims."

Maybe my homemade concoction isn't any worse after all!

2020-03-21_18h10_09.png

The evidence would be the percentage of alcohol, since it is known that alcohol kills bacteria. If the bacteria don't die they are too drunk to function.

I think it will be thrown out of court as frivolous.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 hour ago, Old said:

The evidence would be the percentage of alcohol, since it is known that alcohol kills bacteria. If the bacteria don't die they are too drunk to function.

I think it will be thrown out of court as frivolous.

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html

Alcohol-based hand sanitizers can quickly reduce the number of microbes on hands in some situations, but sanitizers do not eliminate all types of germs.

On 3/19/2020 at 2:37 AM, Dustparticle said:

I made a mistake. Not the GT, but Great Depression! Sorry.

It's just a minor grammatical correction and you're fine ..Great Tepression...(GT) LOL :lol1:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I love how our C.O. told us to call it "Physical distancing" because social distancing would mean literally distancing ourselves from others (emotionally and physically in all senses - Texting, calling, etc.) but that we want to stay as close to the cong. and those in it as we can!!!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

1 hour ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Here’s what the major cities look like right now:

Sydney

3183938E-5B55-4982-8DC0-86F5EC4D3B50.jpeg.40bc1c8c2b5cdbc0814930829022bebf.jpeg

London

A64111E6-BFE9-4EB6-A758-9E5E171B03AF.jpeg.6c48bc6a09c63a1ee2afbe3e715d1ce9.jpeg

Rome

DEE5E7C8-F22A-4926-BDC8-9B5304F0383F.jpeg.7a2d0bde0c730616d4214fc89c248fcb.jpeg

Paris

6413D301-84A6-4943-946A-FE1C4B82F41D.jpeg.edd393dbc5610a1b1229ae85583930d4.jpeg

New York

AFB7F302-63FA-45FD-BEE9-FFCED907822D.jpeg.b435e240317c56cc6c76a5448d56cafe.jpeg

This is how coronavirus has impacted daily life in some of the world's biggest cities

Unfortunately my community isn't so obedient. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

38 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Sydney streets were empty as everyone went to the beach! emoji905.png

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-519847256316dd0bbe238bb3993c26b02c4fe2b9.jpg

Old emoji3073.png Tone

Well they definitely fit the term covidiots.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

We rang our relo’s in Italy yesterday...all are ok..but one cousin is stuck in isolation from there spouse in another part of Italy, which is sad. Unfortunately he did say that he thought that the death toll there was not accurate and that it may be a lot higher than is being reported. 😢 

We were able to talk to them about the Bible and they were very receptive. 

Imagine if they tested and confirmed every one that they turned away. Same in Canada some with symptoms not tested besides it take about 3 or 4 days for samples to be done and reported. Here they had done 60,000 tests and 13xx confirmed. US had done less but had 24,xxx confirmed.

Suppose to be new test that gives results in 30+ minutes but still takes time to get samples and test together.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

If any of you living near a military base just the military is not taking the same precautions as civilians and they travel a lot more than we do. I was on their website yesterday and a lot of the wives and spouses are upset angry and scared I screenshot a lot of the questions it seems as though the Garrison refuses to answer them in most cases. Since I live next to an Army base I think we are about to get hit hard.  

The hospital where my doctor is they have three military servicemen with Covid19 they are not even telling everybody how many more they have so far.  All of my doctors appointments have been canceled by my doctor.   This is all happening in Bavaria where my daughter is. It is far worse in America. Even if we are self Quarantine when we come out there are all these military families running around on base and off. Praying that they will get a handle on it so it won’t be so bad.  

Tonight I have a very bad sore throat and headache. Still having a dry cough. No fever but a little nausea and 💩...Hopefully it is a bad cold or the flu. And the side effects will be weight loss 😜 My doctor gave me Antibiotics already for an ear infection they still hurt a little an feel itchy inside.  Come to find out that a lot of people have different symptoms. What does it mean when your tongue hurts?

F328FB7B-92E4-42D3-9C5A-C31418A22AD8.jpeg

ED55AE79-DD3B-4E73-A431-3184965CCB55.jpeg

763908D4-17E2-41CE-8786-90A1AE8ADE9B.jpeg

23D2B919-7EDD-4AC6-A519-CCECC1A0E163.jpeg

C474AF80-59E9-4FB1-ACDB-E813C65D931E.jpeg

DB8B3847-6B9E-4C26-AE4E-0A5D0897B80B.jpeg

BB6C9EEA-0C53-4D10-BD5B-F584397F668B.jpeg

869DBDE9-1FF4-459E-945D-06F4AF6C519B.jpeg

35D5FB6A-E439-4550-9283-9C7C3A2AB7FB.jpeg

Edited by Gi-Gi

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: