JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

2 hours ago, Rocco said:

I was thinking, perhaps this could even be a ploy by the devil to stop us meeting together? Stop the preaching work? Stop association? This could weaken many who are on the fringes of Jeh organisation. (Just a thought). Jehovahs people have already responded so quickly. 

Jehovah wouldn't allow it to happen that way as the preaching work is the means of salvation jehovah as well knows the importance of inviting people to the memorial.

Prelude to the great tribulation😎

Interesting article on the US and how the government is handling COVID-19.

"Americans who believe in scientific evidence and adhere to a conception of the common good will have to find a way coexist with those who think the answer to every problem is more ammunition, tax cuts for the rich, and shouting about "freedom." But public education and the mass media must begin taking decisive measures to guard against widespread stupidity in future generations. A country cannot thrive when nearly half of its adults are in open revolt against reality."

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/21/home-of-the-brave-coronavirus-epidemic-reveals-americas-fundamental-weakness/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Its interesting how some people are looking at a positive aspect of the pandemic. 

IMG-20200322-WA0025.thumb.jpg.f5dffb456460566958f191e4ce4a9830.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, Nirex said:

Also, the destruction of religion part is supposed to not affect us, isn't it?

This is definitely affecting us.

True worship will not be destroyed along with the false when it is attacked and destroyed if that's what you mean. This has not happened yet. 

As far as now goes, we are not immune to the effects of this anymore than anyone is. The difference is that we have Jehovah and he has provided a way for us to get what we need. We still have our meetings, they just are online now. We have our friends who we can stay in touch with my phone, video chat or whatever. And if we struggle in a material way, he will help with that too. 

310750591_ScreenHunter_03Mar_2310_10.gif.730342856dd2911cf46983baed1c9125.gif

She did it.  Beginning at midnight tonight, all 'Michiganders' are, by executive order of the Governor,

to 'shelter in place' for the next three weeks.

That means, we are to only leave our homes for 'essentials'.

That means, witnesses in Michigan will all be celebrating this year's Memorial in their own homes. ❤️

She is expecting the Governors of neighboring states to follow suit and issue 'shelter in place' orders, too.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Why is it so much easier when it’s someone else?  But when it’s us it’s becomes so much more real... in a bad way.  But.... the way it’s going there’s no telling what the government might do next.  So we wait... for the other shoe to drop. Go bags maybe?  

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Since the news I reported on above came from a live statewide TV news broadcast, I have cited a web source

too:

On Monday, March 23, Governor Whitmer instituted Executive Order No. 2020-21, which states that to suppress the spread of COVID-19, to prevent the state’s health care system from being overwhelmed, to allow time for the production of critical test kits, ventilators, and personal protective equipment, and to avoid needless deaths, it is reasonable and necessary to direct residents to remain at home or in their place of residence to the maximum extent feasible. This order takes effect on March 24, 2020 at 12:01 am, and continues through April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm.

https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I messaged a sister down state and I guess there is one confirmed in the U P.

I think it’s the man from Chippewa county by Sault Ste. Marie. Not sure yet tho. That’s on the far eastern end of the U P.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

I messaged a sister down state and I guess there is one confirmed in the U P.

I think it’s the man from Chippewa county by Sault Ste. Marie. Not sure yet tho. That’s on the far eastern end of the U P.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Watching the link that friends of Ross posted, and the additional video, it’s very obvious to see how absolutely vital it is to work in conjunction with the instructions they are giving us.  They’re trying to save lives and control health systems that are overloaded and being stressed to the breaking point. We definitely need to willingly comply! They are saying that we are on a trajectory equal to that of Italy.  Scary.

Edited by paulc

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

46 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Asia is weeks, if not months, ahead of the West when it comes to the coronavirus pandemic. Countries across Europe and North America were slow to learn from those who had already been through it, leaving themselves vulnerable to the rapidly worsening health crises they are experiencing now.

Hopefully they will not ignore Asia's latest lesson: even when it seems like the coast is clear, keep your guard up.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/asia/hong-kong-coronavirus-quarantine-intl-hnk/index.html

:( 

45 minutes ago, paulc said:

So we wait... for the other shoe to drop. Go bags maybe?  

Funny that you should mention it. Our local brothers gave a talk a week or two ago and specifically mentioned this. Even though we were supposed to put this together a long time ago, I'm thinking that it wouldn't be a bad idea to go through them once again to make sure everything is good to go. Things are so crazy right now, who knows if/when it will be necessary to just up and leave. I think I'll do that today along with the other things I had planned.. like fixing up part of my house to accommodate another family so it would be ready just in case. 

7 hours ago, My little flower said:

Jehovah wouldn't allow it to happen that way as the preaching work is the means of salvation jehovah as well knows the importance of inviting people to the memorial.

Prelude to the great tribulation😎

Im sorry you must have missed understood my post, that was exactly my point! The preaching work will never be stopped. But it doesn’t stop the devil Trying. Why does the devil continue in his wicked exploits? He knows his outcome but he continues. He is in direct opposition to Jehovah, stoping or slowing down the preaching work, meeting together  is more advantageous than anything to him.

More details on what the shelter in place order for Michigan are becoming available:

Posted: Mon 9:38 AM, Mar 23, 2020   

Updated: Mon 12:02 PM, Mar 23, 2020

LANSING, Mich. (WLUC) - Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” Executive Order (EO 2020-21)Monday, directing all Michigan businesses and operations to temporarily suspend in-person operations that are not necessary to sustain or protect life.

The order also directs Michiganders to stay in their homes unless they’re a part of that critical infrastructure workforce, engaged in an outdoor activity, or performing tasks necessary to the health and safety of themselves or their family, like going to the hospital or grocery store.

Effective at 12:01 am on March 24, 2020, for at least the next three weeks, individuals may only leave their home or place of residence under very limited circumstances, and they must adhere to social distancing measures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention when they do so, including remaining at least six feet from people from outside the individual’s household to the extent feasible under the circumstances.

Additionally, under Executive Order 2020-21, all public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring among persons outside a single household are temporarily prohibited. People may leave the house to perform for limited, necessary purposes, and may engage in outdoor activities like walking, hiking, running, cycling, or any other recreational activity, consistent with remaining at least six feet from people from outside a person’s household and with other restrictions imposed by prior executive orders.

Guess that's it, then, when it comes to WHERE we, here in Michigan, will be celebrating the Memorial.

I'm hoping for a VIRTUAL celebration on Zoom with our whole congregation. :D 

19 hours ago, zoebarry said:

Similarly, we cannot expect that the future interruption in the great tribulation will result in an influx of new believers.

To this day, I'd like to see the actual scriptural basis for this idea. I don't expect anything. I certainly hope a lot.

3 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

To this day, I'd like to see the actual scriptural basis for this idea. I don't expect anything. I certainly hope a 

There is exactly a scriptural example that seems to agree to the point that people may change during a judgement message and perhaps jehovah may forgive them. This is the example of jonah.after preaching a judgment message the ninevites changed and jehovah forgave them. I stand to be counseled on this one