JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

31 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

******EXCITING NEWS*******

My Group Overseer just sent an email to us, telling us we have a Zoom meeting tonight at 6 PM to discuss a branch announcement!

Did anyone else here hear anything?

You guys got ME sitting on my 📲 hoping for an email. 😁 And I’m sure Ross as well.  

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

This debate is so interesting.

In fact, I believe Mass Conversion/No Mass Conversion

would make an interesting thread in the Spiritual Musings' Section.   *hint hint hint*  :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Yes, but isn't the term large scale in itself a matter of definition? Since apparently, 300.000 is a huge number to some here, would a million be large scale?

What about two million.

What about eight. In a world of 8 BILLION people, is a growth of a few million a large scale development?

Yes, percentage wise in terms of growth it may be. But not if you look at the overall picture. It is still a miniscule fraction of the world population.

I leave it to Jehovah but I prefer to hope for the best and brace for the worst. The Bible seems to indicate hope is important, connected to love. Love builds up, knowledge puffs up.

Sent from my S68Pro using Tapatalk

Brother Ruben, I came into this portion of the discussion to promote a little reasonableness between to two conflicting opinions. Why are you still pushing?  Knowledge puffs up whom?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

This debate is so interesting.

In fact, I believe Mass Conversion/No Mass Conversion

would make an interesting thread in the Spiritual Musings' Section.   *hint hint hint*  :D 

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

In my opinion, the attitude of the vineyard workers of Matthew 20:12 pervades this discussion. I've read and heard brothers saying it would be unfair if people had a chance to repent during the Great Tribulation. I can't fathom out that level of lack of mercy or compassion.

I could be wrong, of course, but I think there's a reason we are pushing for the build of a worldwide media center. Seriously, for what? To make an awe-inspiring, feature length video to show people how they're all doomed to die? Or for post-Armageddon feel-good movies? Will we need any of that? To me, it feels like the final push and fulfillment of Isaiah 60:22 is coming. I may be wrong, but I certainly prefer to hope for it!

I have suffered from depression in this system for most of my life, but I would gladly risk giving up my chance at everlasting life if it meant two others would survive instead. Maybe that's just me, though.

Too much conjecture to me. Sorry.

I'm kind of on the same page as you. I've always wondered why the story of Nineveh if it wasn't meant to be a lesson, especially giving it to us as our movie... They were already judged to be destroyed Not like our day where maybe they could survive or maybe they could be destroyed. But no, the judgement was given. However they turned around and  Jehovah changed his mind. ... So what's the point of that lesson if the GT will also be too late? I'm not saying people who literally wait till the GT. But people who just didn't know what to believe? Just my own ponderings on it.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

2 hours ago, paulc said:

Got that same message this morning.  Same time for us 6 PM 

The trial run for our congregation was perfect.  It was so encouraging to be together again even it it’s on a virtual level.  It was mentioned that this is going to be how it is for quite a while. I just love it. There were many on there that haven’t been real regular for awhile. Our CO even talked a little. This is the week for his visit so I’m really looking forward to tomorrow night and his service talk and the latest updates from the branch and all that. Anyway, it was wonderful and gave me a sense of normality and reassurance that Jehovah is right there and in full control and always will be. Thank you Jehovah!

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

I learned something today. At least, I think I did. Maybe someone could explain this. (I'm lazy. I didn't want to read all 104 pages of this topic to see if it was explained here.)

I can't find the article I read it in, but it was somewhere in today's Montreal Gazette (the printed version). It mentioned in passing that Coronavirus can "cause" COVID-19. I was at work today when I saw that. But just now I read the same thing on the WHO website (See the points under What is a coronavirus and What is COVID-19). All this time I thought Coronavirus and COVID-19 were the same thing. But now I learn they are actually two different things.

I'm not clear on which is which yet. When they talk about those tests you can get that can confirm whether or not you're infected, are they testing for Coronavirus or for COVID-19? When it says in the news that some people recover, is it referring to Coronavirus or COVID-19?

6 minutes ago, Sheep said:

I'm not clear on which is which yet. When they talk about those tests you can get that can confirm whether or not you're infected, are they testing for Coronavirus or for COVID-19? When it says in the news that some people recover, is it referring to Coronavirus or COVID-19?

Covid-19 is one of many kinds of Corona Virus... Among them are MERS and SARS, named after its corona-looking form observed through a microscope. 

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

1 hour ago, paulc said:

The trial run for our congregation was perfect.  It was so encouraging to be together again even it it’s on a virtual level.  It was mentioned that this is going to be how it is for quite a while. I just love it. There were many on there that haven’t been real regular for awhile. Our CO even talked a little. This is the week for his visit so I’m really looking forward to tomorrow night and his service talk and the latest updates from the branch and all that. Anyway, it was wonderful and gave me a sense of normality and reassurance that Jehovah is right there and in full control and always will be. Thank you Jehovah!

Awesome, Paul! :D

I hear my Brother/Brother Peter asked where the virtual bathroom was. :D

2 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

A global baby boom is being predicted as a result of the global coronavirus lockdown........ and more than likely some of the names will be Charmin ,Angel ,Scott , Kirkland

We'll call them the CoVidKids....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Nirex said:

I'm kind of on the same page as you. I've always wondered why the story of Nineveh if it wasn't meant to be a lesson, especially giving it to us as our movie... They were already judged to be destroyed Not like our day where maybe they could survive or maybe they could be destroyed. But no, the judgement was given. However they turned around and  Jehovah changed his mind. ... So what's the point of that lesson if the GT will also be too late? I'm not saying people who literally wait till the GT. But people who just didn't know what to believe? Just my own ponderings on it.

It is interesting, though, that the Bible does not compare the last days, great tribulation, Armageddon to the story of Jonah.  The Watchtower has never connected or compared the two incidents.  

18 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Go to Un.org interesting announcement 

Secretary-General António Guterres has called for a global ceasefire, so that the world can concentrate its efforts on the response against the COVID-19 pandemic. “It is time to put armed conflict on lockdown and focus together on the true fight of our lives,” he said in a live virtual briefing on 23 March. He called on all warring parties to create safe corridors for life-saving aid to reach the most vulnerable, including refugees.

Why didn't they start thinking the obvious years ago?

https://www.un.org/en/

19 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Go to Un.org interesting announcement 

You mean the Secretary General's Plea for World Peace that Brother Dages posted in the International Peace and Security thread?

Or is there another one?

6 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

The Great Tribulation isn't going to be a judgment message but rather the carrying out of a sentence against all false religion in the scripture that says they will be faint out of fear not knowing the way out that's why there won't be  a mass conversion.

No the judgement or Hailstone message is not the GT it's a feature in it.

ONE has to remember that bbtg is destroyed at the beginning of the GT and is completely devastated. So the judgement message is against the kings of the earth and those who support them. 

The time for good news would be past.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

My state is under a type of lockdown  (Washington) like some other states. But we can leave our homes to take walks as long we stay six feet away from others.  We can also leave our homes for certain essential things.  I found out from my caregiver that she's exempt for her job so far so she can still come over to help.  The order to Stay Home and Stay Healthy is for two weeks but may be extended.  The governor for Washington State had already limited gatherings, closed places such as theaters and gyms, beauty salons, and closed restaurants except for take out and delivery prior to taking further action now.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-announces-stay-home-stay-healthy order?fbclid=IwAR1NwCq7ez2lGCjSTHqINqR9-mq8EsNYwwN8JZVtWMVX7Qjka8tVbTMz8hg

Here's a guide to what different states have been doing. https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-state-by-state-guide-to-coronavirus-lockdowns-11584749351

3 hours ago, Todd komaniak said:

Coronavirus: 2020 baby boom predicted as world goes into lockdown

A global baby boom is being predicted as a result of the global coronavirus lockdown........ and more than likely some of the names will be Charmin ,Angel ,Scott , Kirkland

If this goes on for, um, 9 months or so, there could be a really serious problem. With the medical system already strained at its seams.

I, perhaps see home deliveries. Of some sort. Back to basics!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I had my first phone appointment with my therapist that I normally see in person.  It was a phone appointment because of the coronavirus spread.  It went well.  She had to tell me that she was working from home and that her husband and son were home but were in different part of the house. I said that was okay.  Her six year old son did interrupt but I don't think he heard me because she had a head set on and he listened to his mother.  She said to me; "excuse me",  To her son; "I can not help you, I gave you things to do, I'm on the phone."  And he left and didn't come back.  She apologized to me and I understood.  School is cancelled in our state through April 24th and it might be extended.  I must have been her first or second appointment this morning.