JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

17 minutes ago, Edwin34 said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/24/us/louisiana-pastor-spell-coronavirus/index.html

Pastor again defies state order not to hold large gatherings. He says 1,000 people came to his church Sunday

As a pastor, he has a lifestyle to maintain. The coffers were clearly affected by the order. That's what he needs to maintain. 

Just now, Bob said:

As a pastor, he has a lifestyle to maintain. The coffers were clearly affected by the order. That's what he needs to maintain. 

He probably won't get of USA government unemployment compensation! 

He's maintaining! Lol

😆😙

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

46 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Maybe the earth is being tired of being disrespected. 

It wants a sabbath, maybe. 

For now there is less panic in our area, but some odd reason I panic on toilet paper. I think I have enough toilet paper for a half or more year. I have more toilet paper than chocolate. Oh well, that is life.

Oh no...

How's Easter for a ban of religion? (Jokingly speculating) It'd be poetic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics/trump-easter-economy-coronavirus/index.html

Because a lot of people are going to get infected if he does that.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I seen on the news, One church priest has been taking drive through confessions.
So in spite of all the anxiety caused by covid19, we can still ease our burdened minds and hearts. :lol1::facepalmpo2:

Edited by Pjdriver

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/25/new-jersey-man-coughs-wegmans-employee-said-he-had-coronavirus/5076707002/

Man who said he had coronavirus coughed on Wegmans worker, charged with making terroristic threat

NEPTUNE, N.J. – A man is facing charges after allegedly coughing on a Wegmans employee in New Jersey and claiming he had the coronavirus, authorities said.

George Falcone, 50, of Freehold Township was charged with making terroristic threats, harassment and obstruction after officials said he refused to identify himself or provide identification to township police for more than 40 minutes, according to a news release from the state Attorney General's Office.

Gov. Phil Murphy, who mentioned the incident at a news conference Tuesday, said police responded to a call after a man was in a confrontation with a female employee of the supermarket chain and then "coughed on the woman and told her after doing so that he had the coronavirus."

4 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

Man who said he had coronavirus coughed on Wegmans worker, charged with making terroristic threat

It will be a sad day when a cough is considered to be a deadly weapon with intent to infect and someone gets shot and killed... How does someone prove they acted in self defense against a cough? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/03/24/walmart-kroger-albertsons-coronavirus-response-sneeze-guards/2913538001/

Preventing coronavirus spread: Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons among grocers adding sneeze guards

"Retailers have reduced store hours to make time for deep cleanings and now are adding a new layer of protection – sneeze guards.

Walmart and some of the nation's largest grocery store chains – Kroger and Albertsons – are installing plexiglass barriers or partitions to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and protect both shoppers and store employees.

The protective screens will stand between a customer and a cashier so that any airborne droplets - either from a cough or a sneeze - will be blocked from hitting the person on the other side. "

image.png

46 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/03/24/walmart-kroger-albertsons-coronavirus-response-sneeze-guards/2913538001/

Preventing coronavirus spread: Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons among grocers adding sneeze guards

"Retailers have reduced store hours to make time for deep cleanings and now are adding a new layer of protection – sneeze guards.

Walmart and some of the nation's largest grocery store chains – Kroger and Albertsons – are installing plexiglass barriers or partitions to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and protect both shoppers and store employees.

The protective screens will stand between a customer and a cashier so that any airborne droplets - either from a cough or a sneeze - will be blocked from hitting the person on the other side. "

image.png

Whatever it takes

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

24 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Whatever it takes

So I am the customer next in line..I cannot stand very far from that shield..Now I am next to a shield with droplets from others' coughs and sneezes, and the government has told me I can't wear a mask? Not me! I will continue ordering online and safely sanitizing the boxes and it's contents. Still, for those who have to work or shop in these stores, it shows concern for those people..:facepalmpo2:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

23 hours ago, rocket said:

Just to let you know, I'm stealing that. :lol:

Alan just sent me an English version of my scripture 🤣🤣🤣

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

Alan just sent me an English version of my scripture 🤣🤣🤣

I received it from a Sister who had gotten it from another Sister in Chicago.

I am pretty sure we can safely assume your scripture has gone, pardon the term, "viral". :D 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Many countries are tanking their economies right now and accomplishing nothing. 
     Just about everyone will be exposed to this virus at some point . Probably about 80% will actually become infected.

The vast majority of those infected will fully recover and become immune. 
        The measures being taken of isolating everyone for weeks and closing many many businesses will likely not prevent these inevitable infections. They will only slow and draw out the duration and destroy businesses and personal income for billions of people.

Some governments are trying to ease the economic impact by funding families and businesses. But eventually this will bankrupt entire nations and the citizens will pay the price later. 
          ANOTHER solution. Since the vulnerable people ( over 60 with comorbidities typically) are a much smaller and typically None working subset of the population. Why not simply just quarantine that subset and provide full services and economic support to that target group? The businesses remain open . Specialized delivery and medical services tend to that quarantined group in their homes. Everyone else goes back to work and becomes immune over a much shorter time period. 
                     Think about it.

9 minutes ago, BenJepthah said:

ANOTHER solution. Since the vulnerable people ( over 60 with comorbidities typically) are a much smaller and typically None working subset of the population. Why not simply just quarantine that subset and provide full services and economic support to that target group?

You mean to put us in an Old Folks Concentration Camp? 

30 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Yes - sigh!  I saw a man the other day give his child some fruit to eat right from the stand in the store.:X

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I received it from a Sister who had gotten it from another Sister in Chicago.

I am pretty sure we can safely assume your scripture has gone, pardon the term, "viral". :D 

yeah a bro in my cong just texted it to me.  i doubt he is on this forum.  so its getting around!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/health/coronavirus-covid-hospitals/index.html

'That's when all he__ broke loose': Coronavirus patients start to overwhelm US hospitals

"The doctor, who spoke to CNN on condition of anonymity out of concern for his job, described a hospital that was woefully unprepared for an influx of Covid-19 patients  that started roughly two weeks ago -- which has already stretched the hospital's resources thin and led to severely ill patients outnumbering ventilators.

"We don't have the machines, we don't have the beds," the doctor said."

"To think that we're in New York City and this is happening," he added. "It's like a third-world country type of scenario. It's mind-blowing."

At first, patients skewed toward the 70-plus age group, but in the past week or so there have been a number of patients younger than 50.

"I don't think they understand the severity of this disease," the doctor said of the younger patients.

"Two weeks ago, life was completely different."

How fast things can change!

2 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Many countries are tanking their economies right now and accomplishing nothing. 
     Just about everyone will be exposed to this virus at some point . Probably about 80% will actually become infected.

The vast majority of those infected will fully recover and become immune. 
        The measures being taken of isolating everyone for weeks and closing many many businesses will likely not prevent these inevitable infections. They will only slow and draw out the duration and destroy businesses and personal income for billions of people.

Some governments are trying to ease the economic impact by funding families and businesses. But eventually this will bankrupt entire nations and the citizens will pay the price later. 
          ANOTHER solution. Since the vulnerable people ( over 60 with comorbidities typically) are a much smaller and typically None working subset of the population. Why not simply just quarantine that subset and provide full services and economic support to that target group? The businesses remain open . Specialized delivery and medical services tend to that quarantined group in their homes. Everyone else goes back to work and becomes immune over a much shorter time period. 
                     Think about it.

This won't work because latest info is that under 60 are also getting sick. And males twice as much as females.