JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 hour ago, BenJepthah said:

Immune to that strain. However, there will

be more to come. 

I kinda thought so. (just that strain (Iteration) .Thanks. 

Same reason why my doctor suggested I have a yearly flu shot. The flu, I guess, mutates or there different strains of it.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

On 3/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, Edwin34 said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/24/us/louisiana-pastor-spell-coronavirus/index.html

Pastor again defies state order not to hold large gatherings. He says 1,000 people came to his church Sunday

Reminds me of Mt 4:6 and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning you,’ and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’” 7 Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

The coronavirus has risen to 81 as of today. The chief of staff also has the virus, and many claims the president has the virus (an alleged claim tho).

There is even more bad news. This morning around 1am, a very loud explosion was heard in Akure, a state in Nigeria. This explosion was heard in the whole state, and even in nearby states, as the explosion destroyed 100 buildings along its path. I have friends in the state claiming the explosion really rocked everywhere, and are saying it's either the predicted asteroid or an earthquake. This has not happened before, and it's really gotten a lot of people worried.

Screenshot_20200328-085310_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.2afe5e3de3cbc6bc9b3f979ada9682bd.jpg

1 hour ago, ChrisC said:

Reminds me of Mt 4:6 and said to him: “If you are a son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written: ‘He will give his angels a command concerning you,’ and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, so that you may not strike your foot against a stone.’” 7 Jesus said to him: “Again it is written: ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

I think we will be seeing a lot of this in April. And I am certain there will be no memorial gatherings in closed groups either where there are lockdowns.. I mean, yes, maybe small groups, although we will be staying home due to my wife being at a severe risk.... and I'm certain that most Catholics and Protestants will be "reasonable" during Easter (after all, they allow homosexuality and female pastors now, so they won't be adamant about Easter services either).... but the Orthodox nuts and the Muslim extremists (probably about 5-10% of the population plus another 10% impressionables) are not going to like the idea of spending their "holy days" at home with their families where they can't show how particularly pious they are to others. For some of these extremists, fearing the virus instead of God is a sign of weak faith and the exact reason why these pandemics are spreading.

1 hour ago, GodlyDevotion said:

The coronavirus has risen to 81 as of today. The chief of staff also has the virus, and many claims the president has the virus (an alleged claim tho).

There is even more bad news. This morning around 1am, a very loud explosion was heard in Akure, a state in Nigeria. This explosion was heard in the whole state, and even in nearby states, as the explosion destroyed 100 buildings along its path. I have friends in the state claiming the explosion really rocked everywhere, and are saying it's either the predicted asteroid or an earthquake. This has not happened before, and it's really gotten a lot of people worried.

Screenshot_20200328-085310_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.2afe5e3de3cbc6bc9b3f979ada9682bd.jpg

Wow ! I heard an asteroid was expected to create atmospheric bursts but not hit. Not a surprise that their calculations were off.

Who here was the one assuming that blood would play a role in this? Because you hit it right on the spot.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-convalescent-plasma-treatment-early-chinese-study-results-2020-3

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

46 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Who here was the one assuming that blood would play a role in this? Because you hit it right on the spot.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-convalescent-plasma-treatment-early-chinese-study-results-2020-3

Could this be related to the fraction... I can't think of, I think it's albumins, that also pass through the placenta between mother and child and hence we see them as a conscience issue?

Because if this is an albumin-related treatment, my conscience may have no issue with it.

2 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

Could this be related to the fraction... I can't think of, I think it's albumins, that also pass through the placenta between mother and child and hence we see them as a conscience issue?

Because if this is an albumin-related treatment, my conscience may have no issue with it.

I'm ... not entirely sure. The article calls it a "convalescent plasma transfusion"

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

24 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

21 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I'm ... not entirely sure. The article calls it a "convalescent plasma transfusion"

From reading the article, antibodies were talked about. But if this is whole blood plasma (one of the 4 major components of blood), then there is a BIG problem.

image.png.4c4c2c47ea8409d9a707233f9874a65b.png

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

33 minutes ago, AH173 said:

From reading the article, antibodies were talked about. But if this is whole blood plasma (one of the 4 major components of blood), then there is a BIG problem.

image.png.4c4c2c47ea8409d9a707233f9874a65b.png

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2763982

The latest JAMA report explains everything..The plasma collected from recovered donors could be transfused or, the antibodes  could be isolated and made into an injection that could be injected even in drive thru scenarios..this form would only contain a plasma fraction such as the treatment used for rabies or hepatitis. Some may accept blood fractions, some may not. This article is worth reading in entirety..could be something expedited by the governnent.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

5 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

One disease, governments are stumbling.

One disease, companies are closing.

One disease, religion is closing.

One disease, the financial system is rocked.

One disease, people are becoming faint out of fear.

In the words of Pope Francis:

"Thick darkness has gathered over our squares, our streets and our cities; it has taken over our lives, filling everything with a deafening silence and a distressing void, that stops everything as it passes by.

We find ourselves afraid and lost" .

Spirituality blind and naked.

https://themighty.com/2020/03/who-gets-a-check-from-congress-2-2-trillion-covid-19-stimulus-bill/?fbclid=IwAR3-WXdYtaqyznFARaVD52gnCefvi6PYLqqFT_zW_6UKMdJEKiWaBwGc1Pw

The United States Government is going to send checks to many Americans to help financially because of what's going on due to the coronavirus. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-india-spread-guru-lockdown-punjab-state-12585934

NEW DELHI: At least 15,000 people who may have caught the coronavirus from a "super-spreader" guru are under strict quarantine in northern India after the Sikh religious leader died of COVID-19.

The 70-year-old guru, Baldev Singh, had returned from a trip to Europe's virus epicentre Italy and Germany when he went preaching in more than a dozen villages in Punjab state.

"The first of these 15 villages was sealed on Mar 18, and we think there are 15,000 to 20,000 people in the sealed villages," said Gaurav Jain, a senior magistrate for the district of Banga, where Singh lived.

Looks like another similar situation to the church in South Korea which started the crisis there.

3 minutes ago, WilliamChew said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-india-spread-guru-lockdown-punjab-state-12585934

NEW DELHI: At least 15,000 people who may have caught the coronavirus from a "super-spreader" guru are under strict quarantine in northern India after the Sikh religious leader died of COVID-19.

The 70-year-old guru, Baldev Singh, had returned from a trip to Europe's virus epicentre Italy and Germany when he went preaching in more than a dozen villages in Punjab state.

"The first of these 15 villages was sealed on Mar 18, and we think there are 15,000 to 20,000 people in the sealed villages," said Gaurav Jain, a senior magistrate for the district of Banga, where Singh lived.

Looks like another similar situation to the church in South Korea which started the crisis there.

When they ban religion due to the spreading of Corona, will they also ban one of the most violent religions on Earth for the same reason? I'm talking about soccer. 🤣

Fresh air, is indeed, good medicine. 
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4504358/

As I read this, (it’s lengthy) I thought of how Jehovah intended us to live. I’ve heard, “cities are a cancer on the earth”. We were not intended to live in cities. Ones in cities can go for days, maybe years, and, not touch real earth. Cement cancers. 
Children from inner cities have to be taken on road trips to see cows! 
Is what is going on from how mankind has decided to live? It is not natural to be in a closed building, all day, breathing recirculated air, then go home, and, either turn on that air conditioner, or turn the heat up, and bundle up. No fresh air. And, cars? How natural are they? I’ve thought about it. Here we are, humans sitting there moving through the air at 55 MPH. Or faster. Take the cars away. Mentally. 
Never mind the Airplanes. I think of all those people, way up there, moving way fast, and breathing nothing but recirculated air.  Yes,  I’ve thought about those hundreds of people, zipping along, up in the sky,  at speeds that 100 years ago would have been science fiction. 

Don't get me wrong. We have to live as this system has dictated, to a certain extent, but is the way mankind is living a cesspool for viruses? 
One day, fresh air, green grass, and life!  

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

3 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Fresh air, is indeed, good medicine. 
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4504358/

As I read this, (it’s lengthy) I thought of how Jehovah intended us to live. I’ve heard, “cities are a cancer on the earth”. We were not intended to live in cities. Ones in cities can go for days, maybe years, and, not touch real earth. Cement cancers. 

I recall a scripture where cities are mentioned in the New World. They will certainly not be like the ones we have now... less population density, more green areas in between, smaller buildings. But there is no reason to believe that we will have only single houses every few hundred yards or so.

6 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

I recall a scripture where cities are mentioned in the New World. They will certainly not be like the ones we have now... less population density, more green areas in between, smaller buildings. But there is no reason to believe that we will have only single houses every few hundred yards or so.

I’m talking about cities that are miles and miles of cement. And, densely populated. We don’t know the details, but...I strongly believe this is not our future.

Settlements with friends, or family groups? Sounds good to me.

59 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

I’m talking about cities that are miles and miles of cement. And, densely populated. We don’t know the details, but...I strongly believe this is not our future.

Settlements with friends, or family groups? Sounds good to me.

So the hollow mountain in Antarctica doesn’t appeal to you ? But I digress because this seems to be drifting from Topic.

9 hours ago, GodlyDevotion said:

ONDO state police command has confirmed that the explosion was caused when a truck conveying explosives to a quarry company in Edo state exploded at the airport junction area. Police commissioner Undie Adie told newsmen in Akure that ” The truck was flagged down by policemen at a checkpoint. They notified the truck driver of a flame of fire under the truck, it reportedly exploded when they came down to ascertain the cause of the fire. Meanwhile, findings showed that over 70 houses were damaged by the explosion. READ ALSO: Explosion destroys 100 houses, schools, churches in Akure

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/ondo-police-reveals-cause-of-akure-explosion/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, BenJepthah said:

So the hollow mountain in Antarctica doesn’t appeal to you ? But I digress because this seems to be drifting from Topic.

I can digress with the best of you all. 

Who knows? Forever is a long time. What’s important to me is, well, being alive to enjoy, tah-dah! The fresh air! And, that will be earth wide.  

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52077395

Coronavirus: India defiant as millions struggle under lockdown

The Indian government has defended its handling of the coronavirus outbreak after a strict lockdown - introduced with little warning - left millions stranded and without food.

"The country's response had been "pre-emptive, pro-active and graded", it said in a statement.

India's population of 1.3 billion was given less than four hours' notice of the three-week lockdown on Tuesday.

Officially about 900 people have coronavirus in India.

However, experts worry that the real number of infections could be far higher. India has one of the lowest testing rates in the world, although efforts are under way to ramp up capacity.

There are fears that an outbreak in the country - one of the world's most densely populated - could result in a catastrophe. So far 20 people are reported to have died."

2020-03-28_15h09_33.png