JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1.) What's happening in the UK is scary even for our perception.

March 7: 164 cases, 2 deaths

March 14: 1.140 cases, 21 deaths
March 21: 5.000 cases, 233 deaths

March 28: 17.000 cases and 1.000 deaths... what is going on? This is out of control! By the rate things are going, next week you will have 50.000 cases and 4.000 deaths.... Most of those "freshly infected" in the past week have yet to suffer the consequences.

So this again poses the question, what is Germany supposedly doing right that Spain, Italy and even the UK are doing wrong? Or is there some trick going on as to how to tweak the statistics? As far as I heard, the German statistics may be doctored to exclude patients that died from heart failure or similar organ failure not directly related to the SARS or lung infection. And that is slowly seeming like a realistic assessment. In any case, rumour has it that the German health system is already reaching it's limits in the next days.

2.) Another uncomfortable news item is that of the cat in Belgium that contracted Corona from its owner.... there is something fishy about all this. I am starting to believe that this virus is mutating much faster and more often than is being anticipated.  

Here in the UK they reckon for every person who dies there are 1000 infected.

They did say they expect a million infected in reality around now which from just over 1000 official deaths is about right. That was on the bbc.

That of course could be yet another way to massage the death figures down though.

Crazy times.

Had my first death related to COVID on my hospital unit. ( pending test results ). Directly caring for one positive and one pending COVID. This is pretty much how I predict it will go. I expect to be at capacity and overflowing into the auditorium by May .   Good times!

11 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Worldometer Update for March 28th 2020  :( 

1741735151_March282020VirusReport.gif.7b076e3d604ce445b5d37bd9b0eeb99a.gif

Top Ten Coronavirus Countries  :( 

1897674153_VirusTopTenListCoronavirusCountries.gif.d3bcfff5bf2fa1388f4fef9d9dedeb47.gif

If what was said on the bbc is correct and these numbers ofdeaths are correct, that's 30 million infections. Of course most of those are mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. Just spreading.

Edited by Mykyl

According to reports the US has getting close to one quarter of world's cases. From the look of it will have 25% either Sunday or Monday.

The province of Ontario is banning groups larger than 5.

Just posted Cdn PM's wife now cleared of virus. Means she can be with the PM and their kids. Had been in isolation while sick.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

7 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Isn't this price gouging? I thought it was illegal to hike the price up in an exorbitant matter?

https://www.bipc.com/price-gouging-should-not-be-another-symptom-of-the-coronavirus-outbreak

When Price Gouging Regulations Are Triggered

"The majority of state price gouging statutes are triggered by a declaration of emergency from a city or county executive, a governor or the President of the United States. In California and Kansas, once a state of emergency has been declared the statute applies for 30 days and can thereafter be renewed. In North Carolina, the statute applies for 45 days. In Florida, it applies for 60 days. Some states like New York and Maine do not require a declaration of emergency, but rather are triggered by “an abnormal disruption” that recognizes events (man-made, natural and market forces) without a declaration of emergency. But statutory time frames can be easily overridden, and often are, as in the case of California, which has extended the 30 day period to September 4, 2020."

"There is no uniform threshold used to determine whether a price increase has become a price gouge. California has determined that an increase over 10 percent during a state of emergency is price gouging.3 Other states, including Florida, are less clear, using phrases like “unconscionable”4 and “excessive.”

2 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Ontario just enacted price gouging laws with fines. Individuals $750 to $100,000. Management much more and corporations up to $10 million.

Perfect. Stupid greedy people. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 3/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, Todd komaniak said:

Screenshot_2020-03-27-18-22-01~2.png

I had an idea for a hat just no Capital to bring it to fruition

Everything is relative...

Who does the printing?

Is there someone on JWT who can print this on hats/tshirts? And give us a price quote?

57 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Isn't this price gouging? I thought it was illegal to hike the price up in an exorbitant matter?

If you use the quote feature we will know what post you are referring to. I went back one page and do not know your source.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Old said:

If you use the quote feature we will know what post you are referring to. I went back one page and do not know your source.

It looked like my post would be directly under the post I was commenting on, until I refreshed my screen and realized it was an old post that was way back.

32 minutes ago, M.J. said:

Everything is relative...

Who does the printing?

Is there someone on JWT who can print this on hats/tshirts? And give us a price quote?

I made a badge to wear...

20200313_105601.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The current official deaths from coronavirus in Italy for the last seven days from yesterday 28th March 2020

889 deaths,

Friday 919 

Thursday 712

Wednesday 683 

Tuesday 743

Monday 601

Sunday 651

I have heard that 13 brothers have lost their lives and 72 in hospitals with 5 healed but I must stress I cannot verify this so please take it as hearsay.

9 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Worldometer Update for March 28th 2020  :( 

Top Ten Coronavirus Countries 

1897674153_VirusTopTenListCoronavirusCountries.gif.d3bcfff5bf2fa1388f4fef9d9dedeb47.gif

Interestingly, with all of China's propaganda machines, it's difficult to believe their "new cases" statistics.  Just last week a man died from hantavirus caused by rodents.

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=229363

And absolutely zero new infections?  How is that possible?  News reports are stating that the total number of COVID 19 deaths in China could be suspect for the fact that no one believes it.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2020/03/23/wuhan-whistleblowers-china-allowed-mass-release-infected-patients-protect-regime/

“Lacking details, the actual loss of life toll in China is a mystery. The cancellation of 21 million cellphones gives a facts position that suggests the real range could be far higher than the formal number,” the Epoch Moments concluded.

https://abc14news.com/2020/03/24/21-million-chinese-cellphone-users-disappear-in-three-months/

Edited by Omoyeme

Australian public gatherings now limited to 2 people.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-live-updates-australia-airport-quarantines-in-force-police-crack-down-covid-19/3343235f-2e04-435b-89b4-8a25be0b3123

Something encouraging :

1.- When the flood came, where were Noah and his family?

At home in Ark

2.- When the three angels visited Abraham, where was he?

At home.

3.- When the two Angels went to Sodom and Gomorrah, where was Lot?

At home

4.- When the Angel killed the firstborn of Egypt, where were the Israelites?

At home.

5.- Where were the apostles of Jesus when they received the Holy Spirit?

At a home

6.- Where was Paul when he received the visit of Ananias?

At home

7.- Where are we because of the coronavirus?

At home.

OBEDIENCE PROTECTS YOU

What about:

-We are home now right before the GT breaks out - for our own good. What do you think?

1 hour ago, GraceH said:

OBEDIENCE PROTECTS YOU

What about:

-We are home now right before the GT breaks out - for our own good. What do you think?

I think the FDS made it clear we shouldn't speculate on when the GT is here, when the cry for P&S is here. So at this point, I disbelieve the Corona crisis in any way has a direct link to the GT or P&S or anything, though that can change. I am looking particularly at religion in April. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of laws are planned to be relaxed on April 20th, which coincides with the beginning of Ramadan on 23rd