JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

On 3/28/2020 at 1:58 PM, Doug said:

In the words of Pope Francis:

"Thick darkness has gathered over our squares, our streets and our cities; it has taken over our lives, filling everything with a deafening silence and a distressing void, that stops everything as it passes by.

We find ourselves afraid and lost" .

Spirituality blind and naked.

“Not knowing the way out” and we haven’t even got to the G.T. yet.
Millions of Catholics must be craving just a crumb of comfort, and he has absolutely nothing to offer!

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Isn't it amazing that these religous leaders and teachers seem to have zero awareness of the world they are living in and the scriptual state of affairs?

Exactly. I sometimes find myself literally with my mouth open. 😯 

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bill-de-blasio-threatens-to-permanently-close-nyc-churches-if-they-dont-comply-with-social-distancing?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

New York City Democratic Mayor Bill de Blasio threatened late last week to permanently close places of worship if they broke social distancing efforts aimed at reducing the outbreak of COVID-19 in the hardest hit city in Americ

An Italian musician wrote a song to honour the hard-working medical personnel in Bergamo, and will donate all the turnover from sales of this song to the hospital and is also collecting donations with this project.

It's a beautiful song IMHO titled "I will be reborn, you will be reborn" which I thought is actually a sweet, albeit unintended reference to the resurrection hope of the deceased... and I suppose it means "we will get out of this stronger"

I see the lyrics with mixed feelings. On the one hand, it bothers me when I hear things like "We were born to fight fate, and every time we have won"... typical man-made arrogance, I know it's meant to be a positive message, but it has that weird "Independence Day" ring to it that I sometimes worry will pervade the spirit of the world during the last days, separation of the goats and the sheep. On the other hand, I like it when he says "These days will change our days But this time we will learn a little more"... and even more "Embraced by grand skies, we will trust God again".... boy, do I pray that to be true, that more people will learn to "trust God" and not earthly "princes" (Psalm 146:3)

39 minutes ago, BibleSteve said:

Sad day, a brother the first brother I know personally has succumbed to the Coronavirus he was from an East London UK congregation and served as an elder for many years. He will be missed very much.

The emojis just aren’t quite right for this. Sad for the loss of our Brother. But applauding his faithfulness until the end.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/jj-has-a-covid-19-vaccine-candidate-phase-1-trials-to-start-in-september-2020-03-30?mod=mw_latestnews&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

The good news is that Johnson & Johnson has identified a lead candidate in its efforts to develop a COVID-19 vaccine. The bad news: Clinical human trials start 6 months away.

While vaccines have been a tremendous medical success story throughout the years, I have some doubts about the development (and fast-tracking) or a COVID-19 vaccine.  Remember, it's a novel coronavirus.  Novel pathogen vaccines usually take 5-10 years to develop. Phase one trials, with tens of patients, take a month to show there are no short term safety concerns, then it takes 3-6 mos. to show the vaccine induces and immune response. Phase 2 and 3 trials involve thousands of subjects, and are needed to confirm the vaccine is effective, and to seek undetected safety concerns.  This usually takes 3-5 years. The process can be streamlined down to 18 months, but we still are not set up to develop a corona virus vaccine like we are for influenza.

There are no established markers for protective immune status, like there is for influenza. We can develop a vaccine, but just because it develops an antibody doesn't mean it will be protective.  Also, sometimes a vaccine can be developed, but that doesn't mean it will have the desired effect. An RSV vaccine was developed in the '60's, but actually worsened the course of the disease instead of preventing it.

"We have a constitutional right to congregate," the church's pastor told CBS News. "We will continue."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-ban-1200-people-attend-louisiana-church-service-defying-governor/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=85415691

There will be chaos in the next few weeks.

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 314kshares

Will they ever learn? Chinese markets are still selling bats and slaughtering rabbits on blood-soaked floors as Beijing celebrates 'victory' over the coronavirus 

And so much for closing the markets that are said to have been thE source of this disaster. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/us/maine-coronavirus-forced-quarantine-trnd/index.html

People aren't going to keep putting up with it! Waiting for it to hit Religion next!

"Armed vigilantes blocked a neighbor's driveway with a tree to force him into quarantine"

"A Maine man said armed neighbors descended on his home and chopped down a tree to block his road and prevent him from leaving because they believed he may have coronavirus.

The Vinalhaven resident said he went outside Friday to check why his cable service wasn't working and found a tree blocking the end of his road, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office."

When law enforcement arrived, the group had fled and it was "apparent" that a tree had been cut down and dragged to block the road, the sheriff's office said.

Officers learned that some residents believed the roommates needed to be quarantined. None of the roommates, who were from New Jersey and were renting a home in Vinalhaven while working a construction job since September, showed symptoms consistent with Covid-19, deputies said.

Rodney Howard-Browne, Megachurch Pastor Who Flouted Virus Rules, Arrested

Will Sommer, Tracy Connor

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.thedailybeast.com%2Fimage%2Fupload%2Fc_crop%2Cd_placeholder_euli9k%2Ch_1687%2Cw_3000%2Cx_0%2Cy_0%2Fdpr_2.0%2Fc_limit%2Cw_585%2Ffl_lossy%2Cq_auto%2F200330-sommer-fl-sheriff-howard-browne-tease2_ha4etx&fo=webp&w=640 Courtesy Hernando County Sheriff

A controversial Florida pastor who refused to stop holding packed church services, in violation of coronavirus restrictions, was arrested Monday by a local sheriff who said he was putting his followers’ lives at risk........( this is what you get when you don't follow directions)

Todays U P of Michigan update. 

We now have 4 counties that have confirmed cases with 1 death. ☹️

Marquette county about 40 miles west of me has 3 cases.

Delta county has 1 case - 60 miles south of me with Rosanne smack dab in the middle.

Than 2 counties on the very far western part of the U P, each has 1 case with 1 death. 

The next months don’t look good at all.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ultra-orthodox-israelis-chafe-coronavirus-141852785.html

"JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli police have used a drone, helicopter and stun grenades in recent days to prevent people gathering in an ultra-Orthodox Jewish neighborhood of Jerusalem in defiance of Health Ministry measures aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus."

"Israeli officials describe the ultra-Orthodox as especially prone to contagion because their districts tend to be poor and congested, and in normal times they are accustomed to holding thrice-daily prayers with often large congregations."

"Israel has reported 4,347 coronavirus cases and 15 fatalities."

For some reason I don't think everyone will be "up and back to normal" by Easter, as the president says. It seems, by way of media (eyeroll) reports we're just getting started here in this country.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

39 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Todays U P of Michigan update. 

We now have 4 counties that have confirmed cases with 1 death. ☹️

Marquette county about 40 miles west of me has 3 cases.

Delta county has 1 case - 60 miles south of me with Rosanne smack dab in the middle.

Than 2 counties on the very far western part of the U P, each has 1 case with 1 death. 

The next months don’t look good at all.

Just to show where the counties are. 

Am I giving anyone a migraine by now? 🤕🤕

9E7F2B52-7E76-412A-870F-DC08F43FFF95.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Lee49 said:

"Am I giving anyone a migraine by now? "

No, just eye strain! 😵

Yeah, that was a pretty shoddy map to start with. 😟

9 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Love the reports Linda

Thank you. Sometimes I think some will think I’m morbid or something...but that’s just me.

6 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Yeah, that was a pretty shoddy map to start with. 😟

Thank you. Sometimes I think some will think I’m morbid or something...but that’s just me.

In this current environment - being informed and being morbid is one and the same - when speaking on the subject of course. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."