JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Well, the virus is now only 40 some miles away from me....Marquette.  😳😳😳😳😳😳

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/First-positive-COVID-19-case-confirmed-in-Marquette-County-569062861.html?fbclid=IwAR3YHs2FhTtP3v-Cl0FvrhqdVwM1YoNnxhrDdv9jJO2sLZGJ8bb3mYludYQ

MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WLUC) - The Marquette County Health Department has announced Marquette County's first confirmed positive COVID-19 case.

According to a press release Tuesday afternoon, the Marquette County Health Department became aware Tuesday of a positive COVID-19 case identified through commercial laboratory testing.

The health department says the identified person is an adult man with a history of recent domestic travel through international airports. The man has been in home isolation in accordance with current guidelines.

The health department says it will notify people who have been identified as close contacts. They will be assessed for symptoms and monitored properly. The department will not be disclosing additional information about the individual.

The department says it cannot say when the man was tested for COVID-19. Typically results are received within three to seven days of testing, the department confirmed.

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has not provided updated COVID-19 numbers Tuesday. As of Monday afternoon, there were 1,328 cases confirmed across the state with 15 deaths.

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2020/03/24/mt-juliet-pastor-greg-locke-holds-sunday-service-global-vision-bible-despite-coronavirus-warnings/2900539001/

Mt. Juliet, Tn.  Pastor Greg Locke holds church Sunday despite coronavirus warnings from governor, CDC

Here is another one defying orders from Govnenor  Lee of Tennessee who stated -" Gov. Bill Lee said last week that churches are "risking people's lives" by continuing to meet as health officials set out recommendations to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus."

"Locke ( the pastor ) estimated around 250 people attended Sunday's service, slightly lower than the approximately 300 that fill Global Vision for a typical service at its campus on Old Lebanon Dirt Road. A few attendees were from other churches that aren't holding physical services, according to Locke."

Another one disobeying the "Superior Authorities"!

23 hours ago, blue-jay said:

".......All this time I thought Coronavirus and COVID-19 were the samething. ...."

I thought covid-19 is the disease caused by this strain of corona virus? 🤔 I don't know....

COVID-19  IS the disease caused by the corona virus strain known as SARS-( something)19. People are misusing the disease name as the Viral name. But both SARS and MERS are actually Corona Viruses. So is the common cold.    I think this is a way of talking about the disease without being politically incorrect. 

10 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/louisiana-pastor-coronavirus/index.html

"Think about it, if people keep trying to go to/do services, the governments will crack down on them with arrests or fines, and dispersing gatherings.

Like this preacher!

A Louisiana pastor defies a state order and holds a church service with hundreds of people

"Keep going to church! Keep on worshiping God! ... The church is a hospital for the sick! It's a place of healing for the brokenhearted!"

In holding services for so many followers at his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, Spell defied an emergency order by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards banning public or private gatherings with more than 50 people to stop the spread of Covid-19.

a few like Spell defiantly refuse, arguing that they have a right to worship as they please, and that, with fears of contagion upending our daily lives,

They're pushing it!

Talk about being under an Evil Spell!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Looking at the numbers on how fast this virus is spreading, it took 67 days from the first reported case of Covid-19 to reach 100,000 cases. Then 11 days to reach 200,000 cases, then 4 days to reach 300,000 cases, then less than 36 hours to reach 400,000 cases, and now most likely less than 24 hours to reach 500,000 cases..... I think you can do the math on the rest.

".......All this time I thought Coronavirus and COVID-19 were the samething. ...."

I thought covid-19 is the disease caused by this strain of corona virus? I don't know....

Covid-19 is a subset of Coronavirus. Corona (or crown) was attached to this virus based on the way it looks. But the virus morphs over time. This is the (20)19 version.

It's a bit like the 'Other Sheep' vs 'Great Crowd.'

Old Tone

On 3/19/2020 at 6:10 AM, Omoyeme said:

Gasoline/Fuel may drop to $0.99 cents in the U.S. (Some places already have.)

https://abc13.com/business/heres-when-gas-prices-could-drop-to-99-cents/6024973/

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Gas prices could fall as low as 99 cents per gallon in the coming weeks, according to GasBuddy analyst Patrick De Haan.

NB:  This is one thing I will not be complaining about!

I filled up my fuel tank at U.S. $1.75 per gallon last week! 

Prices are sloowly going downdown, down ...  :D

Edited by Omoyeme

1 hour ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Covid-19 is a subset of Coronavirus. Corona (or crown) was attached to this virus based on the way it looks. But the virus morphs over time. This is the (20)19 version.

It's a bit like the 'Other Sheep' vs 'Great Crowd.' emoji207.png

Old emoji3073.png Tone

Covid19 is the disease caused by the virus  - the virus' official name is Sars.Cov.II - OR Novel Corona Virus.

Covid stands for Corona virus disease.  - so covid is not the virus - it's the result of the virus.

Many individuals contract the virus - but not all get the disease, or if they do it's very light. It's the 15-20% who get it and develop a severe form of covid19 who we are all trying to protect.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

My Neice got married yesterday - she was meant to get married in a few weeks, but we are going into lock down in a few hours so she got married to her lovely husband yesterday and streamed it. An enforced honeymoon. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

11 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

You understand that picture was a joke, right?  

Of course I do! That is why I shared the picture. I know Camden Lock is located in London and the Regent's Canal would perhaps not be more than 1 m in depth - so it would be hard for a creature that size to breach from the water. Plus these creatures come from the Arctic and Antarctic regions of the Earth. I was sharing the picture as a joke but also what will not be a joke in Paradise (what perhaps might be). 

Edited by GraceH

I know some people that would believe that picture was legit, that why I asked.  Yes, it will be wonderful when the entire earth is cleansed. 

We are getting glimpses now. 

https://www.classicfm.com/music-news/coronavirus/venice-canals-clear-dolphins-swim-italy-lockdown/

135470.jpeg

19 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.  For men will be hoarders of toilet paper, lovers of bleach, panic shopping, scared, disobedient to CDC, sneezing and having no face mask, having hand sanitizer and not open to any sharing, slatherers of soap without self-control, self quarantined without love of good hygiene, wrongful eaters and puffed up with indigestion, lovers of cable TV rather than lovers of God, having an appearance of social distancing but proving false to its power; and from these turn away for at least 6 feet. - 2 Timothyish 3:1-5

As usual there goes my coffee!  love it!~

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

What is strange, but true is that one thing that is alive and benefiting this pandemic is our planet earth. How? Less pollutants.

Maybe the earth is being tired of being disrespected. 

It wants a sabbath, maybe. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible