JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

2 hours ago, runner92 said:

I'm trying my best to not be anxious or come across bitter, but my almost 70 yo father went to the meeting today because he was assigned to read the WT. I know we have to rely on Jehovah, but doesn't he also want us to use our brain? People 65+ have been instructed not to leave home by the CDC. I really don't understand why he had to go and a younger brother couldn't have taken his place. 😢

My dad lives in Florida. He’s 75 and still working as an elder.  Sometimes it depends on the brothers locally and individually

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

2 hours ago, runner92 said:

I'm trying my best to not be anxious or come across bitter, but my almost 70 yo father went to the meeting today because he was assigned to read the WT. I know we have to rely on Jehovah, but doesn't he also want us to use our brain? People 65+ have been instructed not to leave home by the CDC. I really don't understand why he had to go and a younger brother couldn't have taken his place. 😢

He didn't have to go. All over 65 or so have descretion to meet in person or not. He could have told the brothers that he would not be attending, That is his perogative. That he did go and fulfill his responsibility demonstrates his zeal, but perhaps not the spirit of a sound mind.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

A doctor collapses in tears under the immense pressure in Cremona Hospital, Italy. On a daily basis, doctors there have to make the gutwrenching decision as to who has a chance at survival, and who has to be left to die, and all during that time, doctors and nurses are separated from the hugs and love of their beloved families.

unnamed.jpg

3 hours ago, My little flower said:

They dont need to change the constitution of the US to allow them to attack religion.they just need to quarantine it.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/483758-coronavirus-constitutional-rights-government/

This is an opinion piece, not a fact based report.  

Anything can happen and the US Government can break it's own laws.  Ultimately the Constitution will not protect religion.  However, this is not an attack on civil liberties right now.  This is a medical crisis.

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Anything can happen and the US Government can break it's own laws.  Ultimately the Constitution will not protect religion.  However, this is not an attack on civil liberties right now.  This is a medical crisis.

Yes but we wait and see 

4 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Yes but we wait and see 

That advice is valid 24/7 for every situation. Just wait and see....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Bro shawn how about if they created a medical crisis to justify their ban on religion?they create an enabling environment to place religion under lock down indefinitely.

Do you mean as a Prelude to the Great Tribulation because the Great Tribulation is going to completely destroy false religion. I can't stress this enough that the branch has said in the past we will be at our peak of preaching when the Great Tribulation breaks out.

Edited by Todd komaniak

11 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Do you mean as a Prelude to the Great Tribulation because the Great Tribulation is going to completely destroy false religion. I can't stress this enough that the branch has said in the past we will be at our peak of preaching when the Great Tribulation breaks out.

Maybe the said peak passed last year when the more 300000 dedicated themselves to jehovah.

Edited by My little flower

36 minutes ago, My little flower said:

Maybe the said peak passed last year when the more 300000 dedicated themselves to jehovah.

Yes, aren’t we at our peak of preaching to date?

We are not expecting an influx of believers before the end comes. 

WT 15 7/15

• 7 What will happen after the destruction of false religious organizations? It will be a time to reveal what is really in our heart. The majority of mankind will seek refuge in human organizations that are likened to “the rocks of the mountains.” (Rev. 6:15-17) Figuratively speaking, however, God’s people will flee to the refuge that Jehovah provides. In the first century, the interval was not a time for a mass conversion of Jews to Christianity. It was a time for action and obedience on the part of those who were already Christians. Similarly, we cannot expect that the future interruption in the great tribulation will result in an influx of new believers. Rather, it will be an opportunity for all true believers to prove their love for Jehovah and give their support to Christ’s brothers.—Matt. 25:34-40.

Study 41 watchtower par. 4......It seems reasonable that this attack will not mean that all the members of those religions will be destroyed. Rather, it seems that the nations will get rid of the religious organizations. Once those organizations are gone, the former members will realize that their religious leaders failed them and will likely try to distance themselves from those religions......... governments have nowhere near declared peace and security and all of these organizations are still up and running even though people aren't attending their church. Remember for witness to all the nations and then the end will come. Didn't say baptizing them and then the end will come.

6 hours ago, runner92 said:

All our 70 plus in our congregation have been asked to stay home ... also those in the vulnerable group aside from old age.

We have been asked to obey the Government and the brothers said do not feel guilty if you have to stay home - it is not a lack of faith.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

43 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Study 41 watchtower par. 4......It seems reasonable that this attack will not mean that all the members of those religions will be destroyed. Rather, it seems that the nations will get rid of the religious organizations. Once those organizations are gone, the former members will realize that their religious leaders failed them and will likely try to distance themselves from those religions......... governments have nowhere near declared peace and security and all of these organizations are still up and running even though people aren't attending their church. Remember for witness to all the nations and then the end will come. Didn't say baptizing them and then the end will come.

Even pancakes have two sides - and this is certainly one side - but the other side is - that it will be easy a. to come together to save this world economically or at least pretend to - and then having everyone already on lockdown - they will see religion as easy to control and open to pillage all their wealth to prop their dying world up. 

I personally think this is a prelude - well we know it is - because we are living in critical times ... and as Brother Lett said we are living in the last days of the last days - and one day soon it will be the last day.  Will be interesting to see how this proceeds.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51999080

In a televised address, Chancellor Angela Merkel said "our own behaviour" was the "most effective way" of slowing the rate of infection.

The measures included closing hair, beauty and massage studios. Other non-essential shops had already been shut.

What has Germany announced?

People will not be allowed to form groups of three or more in public unless they live together in the same household, or the gathering is work-related. Police will monitor and punish anyone infringing the new rules.

Restaurants will now only be allowed to open for takeaway service. All restrictions apply to every German state, and will be in place for at least the next two weeks.

"The great aim is to gain time in the fight against the virus," said Mrs Merkel, urging citizens to keep contact outside their own household to an absolute minimum and to ensure a distance of at least 1.5m (5ft) from another person when in public.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51992357

Australia is shutting down non-essential services as coronavirus cases rise rapidly in the country.

Pubs, clubs, gyms, cinemas and places of worship will be shut from midday on Monday, while restaurants and cafes will have to switch to takeaway only.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced the restrictions after a national cabinet meeting.

The number of cases in Australia has risen sharply in recent days, reaching 1,315.

New South Wales (NSW), home to Sydney, is the worst-affected state with 533 confirmed cases. Victoria, of which Melbourne is the capital, has 296 cases, while Queensland has 259.

The new restrictions will see many businesses close but supermarkets, petrol stations, pharmacies and home delivery services will continue running.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-india-51994194/coronavirus-india-observes-14-hour-curfew

Coronavirus: India observes 14-hour curfew

More than a billion people in India have been asked to stay indoors for 14-hours to try to combat the coronavirus pandemic.

When he announced the curfew last week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi told citizens that it would be a test in order to assess the county's ability to fight the virus.

There have been 315 recorded cases in India has so far.

That's a lot of people!

7 hours ago, My little flower said:

Bro shawn how about if they created a medical crisis to justify their ban on religion?they create an enabling environment to place religion under lock down indefinitely.

We can what if all day...

The reality is when the government attacks Babylon the Great it will be clear and unmistakable.  Remember, this is Jehovah's judgement on false religion.  Do you think Jehovah will want his judgement confused and hidden and obscured behind lies and secrecy?  Has Jehovah's judgement ever been snuck into some situation unnoticed?  No.  Jehovah's judgement's have always been loud and clear.  They have always been direct and unmistakable.  

8 hours ago, My little flower said:

That's a pretty convoluted way of trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle to fit. 

Creating a medical crisis that kills hundreds of people and nearly destroys the world economy just so they can ban religion?  That's like burning down your house to kill the ants on the floor. I really doubt they would do something so extreme. 

When the time comes, they will find a way to turn on BTG. Jehovah said so...

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Also, the destruction of religion part is supposed to not affect us, isn't it?

This is definitely affecting us.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

I was thinking, perhaps this could even be a ploy by the devil to stop us meeting together? Stop the preaching work? Stop association? This could weaken many who are on the fringes of Jeh organisation. (Just a thought). Jehovahs people have already responded so quickly. 

8 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I was thinking, perhaps this could even be a ploy by the devil to stop us meeting together? Stop the preaching work? Stop association? This could weaken many who are on the fringes of Jeh organisation. (Just a thought). Jehovahs people have already responded so quickly. 

I think the devil would have preferred it if man were able to prove they can rule themselves and be happy, proving Jehovah isn’t needed.. so I think this corona is just another example man can’t direct his own steps

2 minutes ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

I think the devil would have preferred it if man were able to prove they can rule themselves and be happy, proving Jehovah isn’t needed.. so I think this corona is just another example man can’t direct his own steps

Maybe if they find a miracle cure they will indeed do that!!! 

This is really sad. 

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-shoppers-panic-buying-gaming-consoles-nintendo-switch-playstation-4-call-of-duty-crisis/41518b64-74d4-468a-9bc5-bf66cc5e87ac

I am using my spare time to build myself up spiritually with personal study. If only people listened now would be the ideal time to listen.