JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

1 minute ago, Loopy said:

Sorry, what I meant by tutorial is the brother and I actually used Zoom and he showed me what to click on to do certain things. 

Like in order to give an answer you have to know where to click so the brother can see your hand.  Stuff like that.

Thanks..yes, it is "stuff like that" that I need..

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

7 hours ago, shans81 said:

I can imagine. In the space of a week so many have already lost jobs and so many businesses are struggling to keep their doors open. 

My husband is fortunate to be in an industry that for now seems ok ( finance) but who knows. He will be working from home for the next 2 weeks at this stage. 

So much uncertainty,  I feel for those in the world with no hope, so many must be so anxious 😞

On a positive note, my sister who has been out of the truth for 30 years is asking questions, admitted that the witnesses have the truth and asked me for a bible. I had a 1 and a half hour witness to her today! Just when almost all other avenues of witnessing have been stopped. Blessing!!! 

Wow! How wonderful news!

5 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/new-york-workforce-stay-home/index.html

Cuomo mandates all non-essential New York workers to stay home

All workers in non-essential businesses across New York state are required to stay home in an effort to combat the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced at a press conference Friday morning.

"We need everyone to be safe, otherwise no one can be safe," Cuomo said.

"So we're going to put out an executive order today: New York state on pause: Policies that Assure Uniform Safety for Everyone."

"Civil fines and mandatory closures for businesses that don't comply with the new mandate will be enforced, Cuomo announced."

I have yet to see a definition of "essential."

Some I understand.  Everyone is staying home and ordering online.  That makes FedEx, UPS, DHL, and other delivery services essential.  I just started working part time at OfficeMax in Ohio and OfficeMax feels they are essential enough to not cut hours or amount of service.  We are still open for walk-ins.  It's business as usual.  Some of that I understand because people are setting up their work from home office and they are getting homeschooling supplies.  On the other hand, how essential is all of this, really?  

Things are changing every day.  Right now, though, Bed Bath and Beyond and BAM Bookstores are still open, albeit at reduced hours.  These places really aren't essential, so how long until they are closed?

3 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Some I understand.  Everyone is staying home and ordering online.  That makes FedEx, UPS, DHL, and other delivery services essential.  I just started working part time at OfficeMax in Ohio and OfficeMax feels they are essential enough to not cut hours or amount of service.  We are still open for walk-ins.  It's business as usual.  Some of that I understand because people are setting up their work from home office and they are getting homeschooling supplies.  On the other hand, how essential is all of this, really?  

Things are changing every day.  Right now, though, Bed Bath and Beyond and BAM Bookstores are still open, albeit at reduced hours.  These places really aren't essential, so how long until they are closed?

To my surprise, Best Buy is still open.

55 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-closings-services-stay-open-york/story?id=69714538

• Grocery stores including all food and beverage (including liquor stores)
  • Pharmacies
  • Convenience stores
  • Farmers' markets
  • Gas stations
  • Restaurants/bars (for take-out/delivery only)
  • Hardware and building material stores

Essential manufacturing:

• Food processing, including all foods and beverages
  • Chemicals
  • Medical equipment/instruments
  • Pharmaceuticals
  • Safety and sanitary products
  • Telecommunications
  • Microelectronics/semi-conductor
  • Agriculture/farms
  • Paper products

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/religion/2020/03/20/coronavirus-nashville-mayor-asks-faith-groups-pray-keep-congregations-safe/2883732001/

Gov. Bill Lee: Churches that continue to gather amid COVID-19 crisis are 'risking people's lives' (Tennessee)

Gov. Bill Lee, known for his strong Christian faith, had sharp words for churches that continue to gather during the ongoing health crisis.

"Quite frankly, they're risking people's lives," Lee said during a Friday morning news conference. "There are ways to worship and there are ways to serve without congregating people. And I'm urging and challenging churches to do just that.

Here’s the comprehensive list of “essential” businesses if anyone is interested.

https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026?fbclid=IwAR1Wyr6solR6GRnMN9xM5td9f4X5PT22ProaY7vn6OVFhOeiaRwd5Frk0EA

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

24 minutes ago, UpstateKate said:

Here’s the comprehensive list of “essential” businesses if anyone is interested.

https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026?fbclid=IwAR1Wyr6solR6GRnMN9xM5td9f4X5PT22ProaY7vn6OVFhOeiaRwd5Frk0EA

Usually I love Game Stop being the only video game store around. But... They have strictly told the government they're an 'essential' business and refuse to close.

... Game Stop is a video game store. It has nothing but video games. You trade in video games. You play demo video games. You pick up and handle video games.

.... It's a breeding ground.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

NBC Nightly News is reporting 627 more deaths from the coronavirus in Italy.

Coupled with yesterday's 427 coronavirus deaths,

that means 1,054 have died in Italy in just the past 48 hours. :( 

Our family in Italy need our prayers. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

So...my friend has the theory that the world governments are going to pour more and more and more money into the world economies trying to prop everyone up that it will send them broke yet they will claim victory over the virus - where are they going to recoup their losses? Religion.

Cases confirmed in AZ: 63
Deaths: 0
Arizona Community Spread: Moderate

https://azdhs.gov/

Cases Confirmed NN: 14

Navajo Nation shuts down Arizona community due to coronavirus

PHOENIX — The Navajo Nation has ordered the closure of one of its Arizona communities because of the continued coronavirus outbreak.

The Navajo Health Command Operations Center has required the closure, or shelter-in-place, of the Chilchinbeto community to help limit the spread of COVID-19.

The Navajo Nation reported an increase in the total number of positive coronavirus cases to 14 on Thursday, an increase of 11 from the previous day. Navajo County on Friday had only reported three cases.

Following Friday’s closure announcement, Navajo Nation President Jonathan Nez and Vice President Myron Lizer signed a $4 million appropriation that will be directed to the Navajo Department of Health to help combat the spread of the novel coronavirus pandemic on the Najavo Nation.

4 hours ago, BPelder said:

To my surprise, Best Buy is still open.

Our BestBuy is on reduced hours.  10am to 6pm.  If an office supply store is considered "essential," then BestBuy is essential.  People are still setting up their home offices or getting their homeschooling set up.  Plus I imagine their GeekSquad service would be necessary to repair any broken tech right now.  Plus gotta buy ink and such.

What I'm shocked by are the stores like Bed Bath and Beyond and BAM Bookstores that are still open.  Those really aren't essential services.  Especially a bookstore with people coming in and touching books.  Those books aren't getting wiped down.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/03/salons-barbershops-tattoo-parlors-in-ohio-ordered-closed-because-of-coronavirus.html

Ohio from what I'm gathering is not on the same restrictions as NY,Cali. Wash. or maybe I'm missing something.

Salons, barbershops, tattoo parlors in Ohio ordered closed because of coronavirus

COLUMBUS, Ohio—All barbershops, hair salons, tattoo parlors, nail salons, and spas in Ohio will be closed indefinitely at the end of business Wednesday amid fears of spreading the novel coronavirus, Gov. Mike DeWine announced at a Statehouse news conference.

"It’s the latest wave of business closures mandated by the Ohio Department of Health in the past week to stem the growing number of cases of the disease, which have surpassed 200,000 worldwide, including 88 confirmed cases in the Buckeye State."

3 hours ago, Lee49 said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronavirus-closings-services-stay-open-york/story?id=69714538

• Grocery stores including all food and beverage (including liquor stores)
  • Pharmacies
  • Convenience stores
  • Farmers' markets
  • Gas stations
  • Restaurants/bars (for take-out/delivery only)
  • Hardware and building material stores

Essential manufacturing:

• Food processing, including all foods and beverages
  • Chemicals
  • Medical equipment/instruments
  • Pharmaceuticals
  • Safety and sanitary products
  • Telecommunications
  • Microelectronics/semi-conductor
  • Agriculture/farms
  • Paper products

3 hours ago, UpstateKate said:

These are helpful.  I'm sure Ohio would be similar.  Thanks!

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/coronavirus-in-ny-cuomo-orders-lockdown-shuts-down-non-essential-businesses/

In New York shut downs of all  nonessential businesses doesn't start until Sunday night

" The restrictions take effect Sunday night at 8 p.m. and will shut down all nonessential businesses across the state, leaving just grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential operations open. All non-solitary outside activities, like basketball and other team sports are also banned."

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/20/coronavirus-in-ny-cuomo-orders-lockdown-shuts-down-non-essential-businesses/

In New York shut downs of all  nonessential businesses doesn't start until Sunday night

" The restrictions take effect Sunday night at 8 p.m. and will shut down all nonessential businesses across the state, leaving just grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential operations open. All non-solitary outside activities, like basketball and other team sports are also banned."

Wow. How long are these measures going to be in place for?

With so many people out of work, scared and frustrated, I can't imagine the increase in violent crimes..:eek:

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

With some many people out of work, scared and frustrated, I can't imagine the increase in violent crimes..

Yeah, the frustration won't take long to occur resulting in riots. People will miss their old way of life and will not want to conform for long periods on end.

Based on your reply I have to report that chickens and a breeding goat have been stolen from my area in the last few days. Crazy stuff! Cannot believe what's going on!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34