JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

6 hours ago, Bob said:

Its being moved online. So we do technically have RCs just not in person. 

The letter did use the word cancelled though so it’s not incorrect.  It said all previously arranged RC’s have been cancelled. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

6 minutes ago, My little flower said:

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-prime-minister-admitted-to-hospital-for-coronavirus-tests-11969053

That is what is called delay. If every one who tested positive is kept in proper medical care from day one, the result would be much better than we have NOW in the UK! 

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 9.26.20 pm.png

Edited by Guri

On 4/4/2020 at 9:45 AM, Bro Richard said:

So, two lab techs were talking about lunch and accidentally picked up the wrong bat? 😳

I heard Ozzy Osborn was hankering for some authentic Chinese !

On 4/4/2020 at 9:45 AM, Bro Richard said:

So, two lab techs were talking about lunch and accidentally picked up the wrong bat? 😳

I heard Ozzy Osborn was hankering for some authentic Chinese !

I have a couple of N95 masks, if I use one for a day while shopping and then hang it in the garage for several days, would I be able to safely use it again? Would any covid19 have decayed by the time I want to reuse it several days later?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Maybe spray with mist of hydrogen peroxide solution and let air dry?

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Wow! I can’t believe how this thing spreads so fast. 

https://www.radioresultsnetwork.com/2020/04/05/michigan-coronavirus-cases-now-15718-617-deaths/

The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services reported Sunday afternoon that the state’s total number of confirmed coronavirus cases has jumped to 15,718, which is some 1,493 more cases in the past 24 hours.

There have now been 617 deaths reported in Michigan due to the virus, including 3 in the Upper Peninsula: in Marquette, Dickinson and Gogebic Counties.

That’s 77 more deaths in the past 24 hours.

There are 32 reported cases in the Upper Peninsula: 14 in Marquette County, 7 in Delta County, 3 in Gogebic County, 2 each in Chippewa and Mackinac Counties, and 1 each in Dickinson, Houghton, Ontonagon, and Luce Counties.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Bro Richard said:

I have a couple of N95 masks, if I use one for a day while shopping and then hang it in the garage for several days, would I be able to safely use it again? Would any covid19 have decayed by the time I want to reuse it several days later?

Order some DSV. 2 ounces per gallon of water. Spray. Dry. Reuse after 1-3 days

Edited by Zephyr

Just now, Zephyr said:

Order some DSV. 2 ounces per gallon of water. Spray. Dry. Reuse 

What is DSV?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://consteril.com/covid-19-pandemic-disinfection-and-sterilization-of-face-masks-for-viruses/.......

. You might want to read this first before spraying it with 70% alcohol if you scroll down to where it says heat and moisture it talks about the n95 and how reuse after alcohol with high content breaks down mask ability to filter also has an effect on the elastic straps. It does say though that simple Steam at a high temperature kills viruses without filter degradation

2 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

ou might want to read this first before spraying it with 70% alcohol if you scroll down to where it says heat and moisture it talks about the n95 and how reuse after alcohol with high content breaks down mask ability to filter also has an effect on the elastic straps. It does say though that simple Steam at a high temperature kills viruses without filter degradation

This was my concern about iso alcohol usage. Why I sugg hyd peroxide solution and maybe sun dry.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

11 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

What is DSV?

You could also cover the n95 with a cloth mask to add an additional filter so that the exterior can be kept relatively clean. The cloth mask can be washed and sanitized.  If the elastic straps wear out these can be replaced with elastic ribbon found in the sewing section of many a store. Or ear loops made from hair ties. I’ve seen all of these solutions at work.

Edited by BenJepthah

1 minute ago, Old said:

I had a box of industrial masks in the shop. Hadn't opened the box for years, brought it in and all the elastics had gone to the great beyond

If the paper is still good, I would get creative with the elastic. If it was me I would look  for substitute.

We had some we were using during forest fires. We were reusing them. I hung the on the line. It rained on them. I brought them in. Hung them on the line upstairs.They are just fresh. 
I think that is sufficient. No autoclave, but next best thing. For me, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Old said:

I had a box of industrial masks in the shop. Hadn't opened the box for years, brought it in and all the elastics had gone to the great beyond

Someone was getting elastic tape from the dollar store. Cut it up in strips. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Hi Richard, 

I believe that the most recent studies show that Covid-19 can remain on "plastic" surfaces for possibly 72hrs. So if the N95 masks have some plastic, maybe it would be better to wait to reuse them until 4-5 days have passed just to be safe? Just a suggestion. Because if you apply any chemicals to the mask, it could cause some mask degradation as @Todd komaniak good research showed. 

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Link shows some studies on decontamination of masks. Shows 3 methods. 

Virucide is better IMO. 

But if you don’t have access to a lot of masks, and worried losing some effectiveness, trying to disinfect is better than cross contamination. 

https://academic.oup.com/annweh/article/56/1/92/166111