JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/how-did-covid-19-begin-its-initial-origin-story-is-shaky/2020/04/02/1475d488-7521-11ea-87da-77a8136c1a6d_story.html

How did covid-19 begin? Its initial origin story is shaky.

The prime suspect is “natural” transmission from bats to humans, perhaps through unsanitary markets. But scientists don’t rule out that an accident at a research laboratory in Wuhan might have spread a deadly bat virus that had been collected for scientific study.
[...]
There’s a competing theory — of an accidental lab release of bat coronavirus — that scientists have been puzzling about for weeks. Less than 
300 yards from the seafood market is the Wuhan branch of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Researchers from that facility and the nearby Wuhan Institute of Virology have posted articles about collecting bat coronaviruses from around China, for study to prevent future illness. Did one of those samples leak, or was hazardous waste deposited in a place where it could spread?

Whether this was just an unnatural transmission from animal to animal to human, or something more sinister, what is very interesting is all the stories of whistleblower doctors that warned ahead of time or criticized government and then suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth or died, such as Dr. Ai Fen or Li Wenliang 

I do hope and pray that should this pandemic turn out to be just another big embarassing wet fart in retrospect of global history (the Swiss have possibly developed a vaccine that will roll out in autumn) that maybe at least something happens in China that enables more free speech and religious freedom to preach.

4 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

So, two lab techs were talking about lunch and accidentally picked up the wrong bat? 😳

If I was a millenial snowflake person I'd cry "RACIST" but since I'm a Christian, I'm just gonna point out how right you are, since Jehovah's laws would have prohibited this kind of disgusting filth at the markets, the mosaic law prohibited eating bats, and Jehovah's Witnesses certainly didn't play any part whatsoever in the spread of the virus since they do not celebrate New Year's Eve, Chinese New Year, Carneval, Spring Break, do not worship the Holy God of Soccer or celebrate any other lewd or pagan festivals, and in fact laid down the most important things in their lives (congregating and preaching) in order to reduce the spread.

Another reason I hope this "isn't it". Maybe we can still use this to glorify Jehovah's name.

6 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:
14 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

So, two lab techs were talking about lunch and accidentally picked up the wrong bat? 😳

If I was a millenial snowflake person I'd cry "RACIST"

I apologize. I thought earlier articles had said that bats were sold in the meat market, however this article clarifies that bats are not sold in the open meat market.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Sobering statistics, indeed.  :( 

April 3rd, 2020

388084665_CovidStatsApril32020.gif.f2c134e77d497bec96f931a2a98b0429.gif

Statistics rely on the frequency and availability of tests. I don't know how respresentitive of the reality they are. The most obvious example is China which has vasty more cases and deaths than they announce.

Meditating on the Bible is the best way to know Jehovah.

Meditating on his Creation, the Universe, is the 2nd best way.🌴🌎

Studying Physics is the best way to learn about his Creation.🤓

1 minute ago, Vasilis said:

Statistics rely on the frequency and availability of tests. I don't know how respresentitive of the reality they are.

Total cases = total tests that returned positive. It does not account for all the individuals who get Covid-19 but don't bother getting tested.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

7 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Total cases = total tests that returned positive. It does not account for all the individuals who get Covid-19 but don't bother getting tested.

Over here there aren’t that many tests available. Only patients that need to be hospitalised will get a test. So the numbers aren’t accurate at all. Even people who die from Covid-19, but didn’t had a test aren’t in the official numbers of deaths. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2020/04/04/coronavirus-tests-americas-food-supply-agriculture/5096382002/

U.S. agriculture: Can it handle coronavirus, labor shortages and panic buying?

"There will be enough food produced on the farm," said Zippy Duvall, president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. But "there’s a lot of things that happen to the food before it gets to the consumer, whether it be in processing or transportation. If this thing was to get worse, what problems come along with that? None of us really know."

"Panic-buying and stockpiling by consumers have cleared supermarket shelves of certain foods in the meantime, creating the appearance of a problem. But those shelves are soon restocked, and the frenzy is expected to subside as supply chains adjust and home refrigerators run out of room.

The pandemic still has different ways it could impact food prices and dinner tables across the U.S., which imports only about 15% of its overall food supply.

The drastic reduction in restaurant dining could lead to cheaper butter while also putting some farms in financial despair. Unpredictable consumer shopping surges could cause more produce trucks to be delayed or redirected at a loss. The virus also could infect scores of farmworkers, adding to a series of concerns from farm to table. "  Read More at link

On 4/2/2020 at 4:52 PM, SUNRAY said:

Thanks Linda :heart:

I found out today from a brother in our congregation that the brother who died was from Kingsly, MI Congregation. He and his wife returned from the Nile River cruise. He was 45 years old...sad.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On 4/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, JennyM said:

In my country, we are already on the 1 month quarantine until April 15. Everything stops.. All work and businesses stop but  supermarket, food stall ,  pharmacies are still open. 

No work for many people. They don't have savings. One couple in the congregation sent us food package.

Im thankful that Im still working part time to make ends meet. My parents have few savings. 

The government send food aid (3kilos of rice, 2 pack noodles, 1 can sardines)  per household for 2 weeks. How in the world could a family survive in that .  

Now, they plan to extend the quarantine for another month until May 15.. wow....

In our city, the bros and sister were doing cart witnessing 12 hours a day for almost 2 years. A lot of people saw those carts. They might be thinking deeply about their lives now. 

What are the arrangements in your congregation for caring for those who are in need? What directions have you received from the branch in your country?

1 hour ago, M.J. said:

What are the arrangements in your congregation for caring for those who are in need? What directions have you received from the branch in your country?

Some congregations arranged relief efforts for those who didn't have savings.. For us,  a couple share their food. 

We will try to go to government office tomorrow for cash aid. 

Edited by JennyM

6 hours ago, JennyM said:

A letter from GB was read that our regional convention are cancelled. 

Depending on local circumstances, watching the RC perhaps on group basis or at khall. 

Its being moved online. So we do technically have RCs just not in person. 

Edited by Bob

17 hours ago, Vasilis said:

Statistics rely on the frequency and availability of tests. I don't know how respresentitive of the reality they are. The most obvious example is China which has vasty more cases and deaths than they announce.

Yeah. China, with over a billion people, at the heart of the outbreak, has ONLY 84,000 cases? 

Nah... ain't buying it. 

19 minutes ago, Guri said:

I have been making herbal parasite drops for years..I put a dropper in my last sip of coffee each morning..with a little extra stevia because it is very bitter..why? Because the main ingredient is liquid wormwood herb..I have used  this as a help for my allergies..Roundworms are in the air, and I am allergic ro cat dander. I thank Jehovah that I have learned these things thru the years..for instance, I am allergic to fragrances..they contain solvents. Solvents dissolve the shell of parasite eggs..so if you consume parasites in food, solvents allow parasite eggs to "hatch"..So why is COVID-19 affected by anti-parasite meds or herbs? Well, some experts have describes it as a parasite.

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-19-fraud-london-utah-cures-1496142

U.S.

PRAYER + PEROXIDE FAKE COVID-19 TREATMENTS LEAD TO ARREST OF BRITISH NATIONAL

"Federal prosecutors in California are pursuing charges against a British man for allegedly shipping dozens of packages to the United States that he had claimed were cures for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

Frank Richard Ludlow, 59, of West Sussex, was accused in a criminal complaint Wednesday of violating a federal statute that prohibits the distribution of fraudulent medical treatments.

If convicted on Wednesday's charges, Ludlow—who is currently in the custody of U.K. law enforcement officials pending a related prosecution there—faces up to three years in prison."

"Unproven health claims, tests, and medical products can pose serious health risks and may keep people from seeking care or delay necessary medical treatment," Catherine A. Hermsen, the FDA's assistant commissioner for criminal Investigations, said in a statement. "The FDA will continue to take appropriate action to protect consumers from bad actors who take advantage of a pandemic to increase their profits while jeopardizing the public health."

Whoa, The Queen speaks!

She speaks excellent English!

😄

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

1 hour ago, BenJepthah said:

A lot of things will kill SARS-COV-2 . But they also will kill normal healthy cells.  In theory you could drown COVID , but not without also drowning its host. 

Yep. You said it well. That is the mystery and so far no one were able to find the way for it. 

"Whoa, The Queen speaks!

She speaks excellent English!"^

A very rare occasion for her to address her nation!

"Queen Elizabeth is set to address the U.K. and the Commonwealth about the worldwide coronavirus pandemic in a televised broadcast on Sunday — a rare kind of address that has only happened a handful of times during her 68-year reign."

https://people.com/royals/every-time-queen-elizabeth-has-addressed-the-nation-in-hard-times-ahead-of-her-coronavirus-broadcast/