JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

2 minutes ago, BLEmom said:

UK prime minister is now in ICU with Covid symptoms 

If Trump was sick at the same time it makes you wonder what Putin would do.. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 4/5/2020 at 5:06 PM, Bro Richard said:

I have a couple of N95 masks, if I use one for a day while shopping and then hang it in the garage for several days, would I be able to safely use it again? Would any covid19 have decayed by the time I want to reuse it several days later?

On 4/5/2020 at 5:11 PM, AH173 said:

Maybe spray with mist of hydrogen peroxide solution and let air dry?

On 4/5/2020 at 5:41 PM, .Ivan. said:

Use 70% alcohol instead hydrohen peroxi which kills only bacterial..
I reuse masks and after use spray them with 70% alcohol. That is it..

On 4/5/2020 at 6:31 PM, AH173 said:

This was my concern about iso alcohol usage. Why I sugg hyd peroxide solution and maybe sun dry.

Well, well, well. Just heard on MSNBC that Battelle (a non profit business in Ohio) is planning to decontaminate n95 masks with, Isopropyl alcolhol- no, with a virucide- no but with a mist of hydrogen peroxide.

They claim they can do per machine ( or location) 80 thousand per day. Ha.😎

Edited by AH173

Correction

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

3 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Well, well, well. Just heard on MSNBC that Battelle (a non profit business in Ohio) is planning to decontaminate n95 masks with, Isopropyl alcolhol- no, with a virucide- no but with a mist of hydrogen peroxide.

They claim they can do per machine ( or location) 80 thousand per day. Ha.😎

...and I heard they can do it over the internet.

(I worked for Battelle at one time, still have my radiation badge.)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 minutes ago, Old said:

...and I heard they can do it over the internet.

(I worked for Battelle at one time, still have my radiation badge.)

How much radiation did you have to do to earn your first badge? :lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Cdn PM was just on and thanked the thousands of companies who volunteered to supply medical gowns, face shields and masks, retooling to do so. He did not say so but the government paying 75% of wages helps keep these companies afloat for now and employees working.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Tuesday April 7

For both areas of Michigan the total is:

Cases – 18,970  (Increase of 1,503 from Monday)

There are 37 reported cases in the Upper Peninsula: 19 in Marquette County, 7in Delta County, 3 each in Mackinac and Gogebic Counties, 2 in Dickinson County, and 1 each in Houghton, Chippewa, and Luce Counties.

4 deaths. ☹️

A case that the state had reported in Ontonagon County was apparently logged in by error, as that case does not appear in Tuesday’s report.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Just found out this morning that a company where I live bought two fully automated mask production machinery from china, one to produce level 1 surgical mask that the hospitals use and the other N95 mask that 3M makes. I sent them an email this morning regarding to buy directly and they informed me that in three weeks times I would be allowed to purchase the level 1 surgical mask directly from them but the N95 mask would take a bit longer as there are negotiations with the government regarding production. It has been so hard to find masks that gives you adequate protection for work and for being out in public and there are too many masks out there being sold that don't even protect you.

3 hours ago, Lewis said:

level 1 surgical mask that the hospitals use and the other N95 mask that 3M makes.

The recommendations about wearing masks has obviously changed over the last few weeks. We've all learned a lot about the difference between a respirator N95 and a surgical mask.

The designed intent is obviously different between the two, the N95 primarily keeps stuff from coming in but also keeps stuff from going out while the surgical mask primarily keeps stuff from going out but may also keep stuff from coming in.

Due to a shortage of masks we were told not to wear masks however the mask strategy has changed recently and the government is now recommending that everyone wears a cloth mask. The intent is the same as the surgical mask, its primarily to keep bad stuff from going out.

However companies are going to eventually catch up and masks will be available again. 

Unfortunately  I haven't heard any warnings about the N95 with an exhalation valve. They keep stuff from coming in but they do not prevent stuff from going out. They are designed to allow exhalation to exit the mask to keep the user cool.

That doesn't fit the current strategy to prevent bad stuff from getting out. An ill person could wear an N95 with an exhalation valve and still infect others...

https://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/virus-a-threat-to-sovereignty-pm-declares/news-story/76f6f8e12f8155862452d43051f1e8a3

Virus a threat to sovereignty, PM declares

Prime Minister Scott Morrison took a Churchillian tone to tell parliament this was the price Australia had to pay to win the battle against the insidious virus.

"Today we act to protect Australia's sovereignty," he said.

"When Australian lives and livelihoods are threatened, when they are under attack, our nation's sovereignty is put at risk, and we must respond.

"Make no mistake, today is not about ideologies. We checked those at the door."

But that doesn't mean there's agreement all round.

Edited by GraceH

Sister Grace, that is testing my neutrality (I didn't put that emoji due to you).  He was a marketing man before being in politics, and being PM.  He's lavishing the "call to arms" and other nonsensical sproutings.  Ok, I'm going to go and read my Bible now......

13 hours ago, Loopy said:

Enter homes and take out anyone with virus.

Very brief video. 

10 hours ago, Saffron said:

That video is making me nauseous. Wow. They need to find people who "may be sick" and remove them. Wonder what that means. That could be interpreted a whole lot of different ways. 

The Fox News commentator who followed the WHO official's comment was spinning the story in a political direction.  We don't know the whole story here as the WHO portion of the video was an excerpt and could be taken out of context.  

WHO doesn't have any authority to do anything.  They can't order governments to go into homes and seize anyone.  Let's not get lost in the politics and spin.  

Was the WHO suggesting forcibly seizing coronavirus patients and removing them from their homes?  Don't assume so based upon just this one video.  Research the claim.  Check a few (2 or 3) legitimate news sources.  

7 hours ago, Bro Richard said:

The recommendations about wearing masks has obviously changed over the last few weeks. We've all learned a lot about the difference between a respirator N95 and a surgical mask.

The designed intent is obviously different between the two, the N95 primarily keeps stuff from coming in but also keeps stuff from going out while the surgical mask primarily keeps stuff from going out but may also keep stuff from coming in.

Due to a shortage of masks we were told not to wear masks however the mask strategy has changed recently and the government is now recommending that everyone wears a cloth mask. The intent is the same as the surgical mask, its primarily to keep bad stuff from going out.

However companies are going to eventually catch up and masks will be available again. 

Unfortunately  I haven't heard any warnings about the N95 with an exhalation valve. They keep stuff from coming in but they do not prevent stuff from going out. They are designed to allow exhalation to exit the mask to keep the user cool.

That doesn't fit the current strategy to prevent bad stuff from getting out. An ill person could wear an N95 with an exhalation valve and still infect others...

Yup so true, my main need for N95 is for work, Ive been able to scrounge one here and one there to make due. Lately, Ive been seeing a lot more people wearing home made mask over their faces which I believe it is a good idea, and from what I’ve seen in my hometown it is starting to lower the curve. Eventually companies will catch up but may be a while yet though, containing this virus globally is far from over. Hopefully we will catch a break by summer.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/reuse-face-mask-coronavirus

If you’re using a homemade cloth mask, know that your protection is only going to be marginally effective at preventing the spread of an infectious disease, compared with a surgical mask or an N95 mask. One 2013 study on mask efficacy found that surgical masks were three times more effective at preventing the spread of influenza than cloth masks made from T-shirt material.

“A homemade mask should only be considered as a last resort to prevent droplet transmission from infected individuals, but it would be better than no protection,” the study concluded.

There are 38 reported cases in the Upper Peninsula: 18 in Marquette County, 8 in Delta County, 3 each in Mackinac and Gogebic Counties, 2 in Dickinson County, and 1 each in Schoolcraft, Houghton, Chippewa, and Luce Counties.

You can see that Alger county (mine & Ross’ county) is now surrounded.  Shouldn’t be long now. 

I was going walk to the Post Office earlier today so I followed the guidelines and improvised a poorly made mask.mask. 😷

I just might have to call my doctor back and ask for a prescription for an inhaler. My so called mild exercise induced asthma does not like that thing at all. 😏

Plus it fogs up my glasses. 😡

58791808-7F60-40B8-B030-37CD6EFE4870.jpeg

6C90C045-EE8E-4E69-9A92-4C778416A56A.jpeg

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

17 hours ago, Lewis said:

Imagine if we could see microscopic viruses and bacteria and fungi, it be a scary world. Saw this on a twitter feed.

5E824219-397E-4DF0-A228-A4226B5A087C.jpeg.183c3f5542988c019695e47028e85dd8.jpeg

I think this has gone overboard. There is good bacteria a bad bacteria. Just like rats, many have been seen in the streets lately. Rats been on the earth way before humans came into existence. Like squarels, they are rodents. Yes, rats can give you diseases, yet they are protecting us, because humans  have trash the earth an the rats are doing the dirty job of eating it. They are scavengers. Thank God for rats.