JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

Coronavirus: Morning update as UK daily death toll surpasses Italy and Spain's worst days 

UK daily death toll among highest in Europe 

It was announced on Friday that another 980 people had died in UK hospitals - bringing the total number of UK deaths to 8,958. It is a record daily number that has exceeded Italy and Spain's worst daily figures during the pandemic. More than 100,000 people have died from the virus around the world, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University in the US. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52251836?fbclid=IwAR3nUdEiIcE-luyENlpv3gIaFFCMLopEQOg6l-OopL-pIFF-dtogNkxD-_0 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pastors-unusual-easter-plans-one-184505166.html

Meanwhile, in Louisiana, the Reverend Tony Spell—who was charged last month for repeatedly violating a state ban on large gatherings—said this week that he expects 2,000 people to attend Easter Sunday services at the Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge.

“Satan and a virus will not stop us,” Spell told Reuters, as he prepared for the Sunday service. “God will shield us from all harm and sickness.” (He previously told WMTV he did not believe his congregation was at risk of infection because he believed the virus was “politically motivated.”)

Unbelievable. This guy is still at it. 

7 minutes ago, Saffron said:

God will shield us from all harm and sickness.”

Someone needs to read the scriptures to him where it recomends to "take your leave" when danger comes upon you, or when Jehovah told Israel to be clean and quarantine the unclean? Nothing in scripture says God protects us from such illness in this system. If such was the case, I'd imagine that none of his church goers or him have ever been sick in their entire lives or have had relatives or friends die of something... we all know that's not the case.

How do these people lack so much common sense and understanding of basic biblical truths? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the people "being godly but proving false".

Edited by EccentricM

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/who-says-looking-into-reports-of-some-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again

This has come up before, but WHO is still not sure how some Coronavirus patients are testing positive again, and if they are again shedding the virus.

“South Korean officials on Friday reported 91 patients thought cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again. Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told a briefing that the virus may have been “reactivated” rather than the patients being re-infected.”

15 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/who-says-looking-into-reports-of-some-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again

This has come up before, but WHO is still not sure how some Coronavirus patients are testing positive again, and if they are again shedding the virus.

“South Korean officials on Friday reported 91 patients thought cleared of the new coronavirus had tested positive again. Jeong Eun-kyeong, director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told a briefing that the virus may have been “reactivated” rather than the patients being re-infected.”

Maybe the virus is like Chicken Pox which stays in your body living in your spine and is reactivated upon severe stress or a low immune system.

Edited by GraceH

This was the front page news on the Daily Mail this morning!  4/12/20

REVEALED: U.S. government gave $3.7million to Wuhan lab at center of coronavirus leak scrutiny that was experimenting on bats from the caves where the disease is believed to have originated

(Some pages back in this forum, I made the statement that "perhaps" this was something that came out of a lab in Wuhan.)  Is this fake news?  I don't know, but it seems a reality to me!  

13 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

REVEALED: U.S. government gave $3.7million to Wuhan lab at center of coronavirus leak scrutiny that was experimenting on bats from the caves where the disease is believed to have originated

(Some pages back in this forum, I made the statement that "perhaps" this was something that came out of a lab in Wuhan.)  Is this fake news?  I don't know, but it seems a reality to me!  

I assume that if that money had produced a cure for an existing virus that the US would be heros?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

47 minutes ago, GraceH said:

Maybe the virus is like Chicken Pox which stays in your body living in your spine and is reactivated upon severe stress or a low immune system.

South Korea have very good testing.  If they are bothering to do follow-up testing people who have recovered, and then finding them reinfected/reactivated with the virus, I wonder if other countries would be so scrupulous in following up?

It's just all a big unknown.  This reinforces what we know about the way this world is run - Satan's world is thoroughly in the dark, anxious and clueless, not knowing the way out.  Because if this is true about reactivation, then we are going to see this going endlessly on in the future.  Infecting, and reinfecting, mutating and with already 3 strains out there.....

All unknown, but for us, we know just to hang on for the ride.  We know that Jehovah will undo all this and much more.  What a relief, hey?

10 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Someone needs to read the scriptures to him where it recomends to "take your leave" when danger comes upon you, or when Jehovah told Israel to be clean and quarantine the unclean? Nothing in scripture says God protects us from such illness in this system. If such was the case, I'd imagine that none of his church goers or him have ever been sick in their entire lives or have had relatives or friends die of something... we all know that's not the case.

How do these people lack so much common sense and understanding of basic biblical truths? I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the people "being godly but proving false".

Satan has blinded the minds of these people.

6 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

Is this fake news?  I don't know, but it seems a reality to me!  

While considered a legitimate newspaper, the reputation of The Daily Mail is low. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

Overall, we rate Daily Mail Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information.

Just seen this interview with nurse Lisa Merck. This report is something I haven't heard of yet. Still positive with virus after 23 days.  In self isolation for 36 days now. Can't go back to working because she can't test negative twice in a 24 hour period. 

Lisa Merck-Nurse quarantined for 31 days.jpg

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

7 hours ago, Shawnster said:

While considered a legitimate newspaper, the reputation of The Daily Mail is low. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-mail/

Overall, we rate Daily Mail Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information.

Thank you again Br. Richard.  Glad you brother's on top of things!   And thank you for the mediabiasfactcheck site.  Am going to put that in my bookmarks.   Cause I do not want to put "fake news" in here.  There's enough going around to confuse the world and keep them blinded as it is.