JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

27 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Just prayers for you sister are indeed top of the list for all of us to you but let her doctor know that Hydrochloricquin is having success in curing the disease

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue.

Small Chloroquine Study Halted Over Risk of Fatal Heart Complications

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/health/chloroquine-coronavirus-trump.html

39 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

but let her doctor know that Hydrochloricquin is having success in curing the disease

Please don't play DOCTOR! There's too many politicians doing so. 

If you're a brother be that and stay in your lane and do what a spiritual brother would do. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I'm sorry but I wasn't playing doctor I was just going by what the doctor who takes care of 2,000 patients in California who have Lupe's disease and take that drug and so far he hasn't found any patient that is on that medication that is caught the Coronavirus. I'd rather her ask her doctor about that then go through the horrible disease there's no harm in asking. And that drug isn't something new that's been around since 30s or 40s it's not a drug that has to be proven it's already being taken by many many people.

Edited by Todd komaniak

44 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

I'm sorry but I wasn't playing doctor I was just going by what the doctor who takes care of 2,000 patients in California who have Lupe's disease and take that drug and so far he hasn't found any patient that is on that medication that is caught the Coronavirus. I'd rather her ask her doctor about that then go through the horrible disease there's no harm in asking. And that drug isn't something new that's been around since 30s or 40s it's not a drug that has to be proven it's already being taken by many many people.

Drinking Tonic water and take Zinc.

Tonic water contains quinine.

1 hour ago, Todd komaniak said:

All good. I had my misgivings on my post . Since you identified yourself as a postal worker.

I didn't want you to go all postal on me. :mellow:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I was told one other time to stay in my Lane I was out in service and someone questioned me about my credentials how could I teach without going to a school. Of course we do go to school it's quite different than what the world sees it as. Just because subjects get harder doesn't mean you can't learn them. The Bible certainly is a hard subject but one that can be learned. About six years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes I didn't know a thing about it now I'm almost an expert on it because of the amount of reading I've done on it. And yes I am a brother you can call the Eastridge congregation in Sarasota Florida and ask for brother Tom Walsh he's my service overseer he can vouch for me.

42 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

I was told one other time to stay in my Lane I was out in service and someone questioned me about my credentials how could I teach without going to a school. Of course we do go to school it's quite different than what the world sees it as. Just because subjects get harder doesn't mean you can't learn them. The Bible certainly is a hard subject but one that can be learned. About six years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes I didn't know a thing about it now I'm almost an expert on it because of the amount of reading I've done on it. And yes I am a brother you can call the Eastridge congregation in Sarasota Florida and ask for brother Tom Walsh he's my service overseer he can vouch for me.

With those outstanding credentials on diabetes will be bring in patients😂

I was told one other time to stay in my Lane I was out in service and someone questioned me about my credentials how could I teach without going to a school. 

(Acts 4:13) 13 Now when they saw the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were astonished. And they began to realize that they had been with Jesus. 
(1 Corinthians 1:26, 27) 26 For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way, not many powerful, not many of noble birth, 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world to put the strong things to shame

I was told one other time to stay in my Lane I was out in service and someone questioned me about my credentials how could I teach without going to a school. Of course we do go to school it's quite different than what the world sees it as. Just because subjects get harder doesn't mean you can't learn them. The Bible certainly is a hard subject but one that can be learned. About six years ago I was diagnosed with diabetes I didn't know a thing about it now I'm almost an expert on it because of the amount of reading I've done on i

My point was on purely a life and death medical matter. Not about a teacher of Bible truth.

You are not a qualified and certified doctor no matter how much personal material you glean from experience and book knowledge. 

This information is clear and applicable to spirit appointed elders and ministerial servants (practically all in the Christian congregation):

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001011?q=medical+advice&p=par

Consider Your Steps

King Solomon warned that “anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15) Even when a medical decision is not in direct conflict with Bible principles, a person should ‘consider his steps.’ Not all forms of medical treatment are helpful. When Jesus said that ‘those who are ailing need a physician,’ he was not sanctioning all the medical treatments that were available in his day. He knew that some forms of medical practice were sound and that some were fallacious.*

Likewise today, some treatments may be useless, even fraudulent. Lack of good judgment could expose a person to unnecessary risks. It should also be acknowledged that a treatment that is helpful to one person could be ineffective—even harmful—to another. When facing a medical decision, a prudent person would weigh his options carefully instead of ‘putting faith in every word,’ even when receiving advice from well-meaning friends. He would display “soundness of mind” by seeking reliable information so as to be in a position to make an informed choice.—Titus 2:12.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011282?q=medical+advice&p=par

4. Why might others want to make decisions for us?

4 Not all who want to make decisions for us mean us harm. Well-intentioned friends might insist that we follow their advice. If we are living away from home, our relatives likely still have deep concern for our well-being and may feel compelled to continue to involve themselves in important decisions we face. For instance, consider the matter of medical treatment. The Bible clearly condemns the misuse of blood. (Acts 15:28, 29) Other matters that have to do with health care, though, are not clear-cut and require that each of us make a personal decision as to what treatment we will accept or reject.* Our loved ones may have strong opinions on these issues. However, when deciding about those matters, each dedicated baptized Christian needs to carry “his own load” of responsibility. (Gal. 6:4, 5) Our primary concern is to maintain a good conscience before God, not men.—1 Tim. 1:5.

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

I heard "tonic" water was actually bad for you due to what they put in it.

Gin?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

Ah173 that's why she should ask her doctor

Best advice is to encourage in harmony with the faithful slave encourages us:

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102001011?q=medical+advice&p=par

Consider Your Steps

King Solomon warned that “anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word, but the shrewd one considers his steps.” (Proverbs 14:15) Even when a medical decision is not in direct conflict with Bible principles, a person should ‘consider his steps.’ Not all forms of medical treatment are helpful. When Jesus said that ‘those who are ailing need a physician,’ he was not sanctioning all the medical treatments that were available in his day. He knew that some forms of medical practice were sound and that some were fallacious.*

Likewise today, some treatments may be useless, even fraudulent. Lack of good judgment could expose a person to unnecessary risks. It should also be acknowledged that a treatment that is helpful to one person could be ineffective—even harmful—to another. When facing a medical decision, a prudent person would weigh his options carefully instead of ‘putting faith in every word,’ even when receiving advice from well-meaning friends. He would display “soundness of mind” by seeking reliable information so as to be in a position to make an informed choice.Titus 2:12.

Not potential harmful ideas that politicians offer and propose (totally unsolicited).

You're the only one in this conversation that are bringing up politicians which has nothing to do with the article that I posted. Dr. Oz and dr. Daniel Wallace are not politicians and if you would read the article and listen to his explanation about the medication you would understand it has nothing to do with politics. And again that's why she should talk to HER DOCTOR!

Dr. Oz speaks to prominent rheumatologist Dr. Daniel Wallace about whether the medical community should consider giving hydroxychlorquine to people to prevent coronavirus and whether the drug is safe.

Edited by Todd komaniak

14 minutes ago, Todd komaniak said:

You're the only one in this conversation that are bringing up politicians which has nothing to do with the article that I posted.

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

You are not a qualified and certified doctor no matter how much personal material you glean from experience and book knowledge

Relax guys. It's a common practice to talk to your doctor about medications and procedures. It's a good idea to ask your doctor how they feel about a new or popular treatment and if it would work for you.

There is no harm in mentioning a medication or treatment to someone else so they may talk to their doctor about it.

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

23 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

Relax guys 

1 hour ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

Have you bros in US received 1,200 dollars from the government?

I received a notice from my bookkeeper and bank, it should arrive in my account soon.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34