JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Mysterious Coronavirus Spreading Worldwide

7 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I heard a talk via zoom last night and the brother mentioned that this virus is like no other and it may just stay all the way into GT./ARMGD. 

Brothers who are selected to give public talks for their own congregation or for surrounding ones need to follow this at the bottom of the public talk outlines.

image.png.8663d57ac7fb678b2743a312bcca38be.png

Also, from Be publication pages 52-55

The Speaker’s Decisions

Some decisions regarding your discourse have already been made for you. The main points are clearly indicated, and the amount of time you should devote to the discussion of each main heading is clearly shown. Other decisions are yours to make. You may choose to spend more time on certain subpoints and less on others. Do not assume that you must cover every subpoint to the same degree. That may cause you to rush through material and overwhelm your audience. How can you determine which to develop more fully and which to mention only briefly, or in passing? Ask yourself: ‘Which points will help me to convey the talk’s central idea? Which ones afford the greatest potential for benefiting my audience? Will omitting a certain cited scripture and related point weaken the lineup of evidence that is being presented?’

Studiously avoid injecting speculation or personal opinion. Even God’s Son, Jesus Christ, avoided speaking of ‘his own originality.’ (John 14:10) Appreciate that the reason why people come to the meetings of Jehovah’s Witnesses is to hear the Bible discussed. If you have come to be regarded as a fine speaker, likely it is because you make it a practice to draw attention, not to yourself, but to God’s Word. For this, your talks are appreciated.—Phil. 1:10, 11.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

This article is enlightening. The last of the world powers -prophesied in the Bible- extremely dropped the ball.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-timeline-trump-failures-undercut-pandemic-response-2020-4

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

6 hours ago, AH173 said:
6 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I heard a talk via zoom last night and the brother mentioned that this virus is like no other and it may just stay all the way into GT./ARMGD. 

Brothers who are selected to give public talks for their own congregation or for surrounding ones need to follow this at the bottom of the public talk outlines.

image.png.8663d57ac7fb678b2743a312bcca38be.png

Also, from Be publication pages 52-55

The Speaker’s Decisions

Some decisions regarding your discourse have already been made for you. The main points are clearly indicated, and the amount of time you should devote to the discussion of each main heading is clearly shown. Other decisions are yours to make. You may choose to spend more time on certain subpoints and less on others. Do not assume that you must cover every subpoint to the same degree. That may cause you to rush through material and overwhelm your audience. How can you determine which to develop more fully and which to mention only briefly, or in passing? Ask yourself: ‘Which points will help me to convey the talk’s central idea? Which ones afford the greatest potential for benefiting my audience? Will omitting a certain cited scripture and related point weaken the lineup of evidence that is being presented?’

Studiously avoid injecting speculation or personal opinion. Even God’s Son, Jesus Christ, avoided speaking of ‘his own originality.’ (John 14:10) Appreciate that the reason why people come to the meetings of Jehovah’s Witnesses is to hear the Bible discussed. If you have come to be regarded as a fine speaker, likely it is because you make it a practice to draw attention, not to yourself, but to God’s Word. For this, your talks are appreciated.—Phil. 1:10, 11.

There's a new morning worship talk on Jw broadcasting by Robert Luccioni on thinking God's thoughts not those of men. Really good talk about listening to Jehovah even when from a human point of view it seems illogical. However at the end of the talk I like the soundness of mind of the brothers in not speculating. He highlighted there at the end of his talk "that we Do not know where these events are heading it could be just another marker in time or a event in history or not" .

28 minutes ago, Godskingdomrules said:

There's a new morning worship talk on Jw broadcasting by Robert Luccioni on thinking God's thoughts not those of men. Really good talk about listening to Jehovah even when from a human point of view it seems illogical. However at the end of the talk I like the soundness of mind of the brothers in not speculating. He highlighted there at the end of his talk "that we Do not know where these events are heading it could be just another marker in time or a event in history or not" .

Yes the governing body just don't know.. Unlike before the 1986 international year of peace, they wrote prior to that that  'nobody knows the hour" they didn't say  at that time time that  this is it.  And now, warwiick bethel just don't know where this pandemic is heading 

WHO special envoy says COVID-19 will be a virus that 'stalks the human race for quite a long time'

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/492412-who-special-envoy-says-covid-19-will-be-a-virus-that-stalks-the-human-race

The talk that was mentioned where the brother said that this virus is like no other and may stay around until the GT.. he's not actually saying anything different from what my own doctor is saying. According to him, this virus is around for the long haul and the world will not go back to what it was before. If this is true, it very well may linger around until the GT

*Just my opinion, nothing more*

[...]mankind still can’t figure out how to solve a virus

Well, the common cold is borne from a virus, yet we have been told by the medical establishment that "there is no cure."  So the powers-that-be are saying in some media outlets that a vaccine cure for CO-VID 19 may come within a year or so?  Is that so? 8-)

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Well, the common cold is borne from a virus, yet we have been told by the medical establishment that "there is no cure."  So the powers-that-be are saying in some media outlets that a vaccine cure for CO-VID 19 may come within a year or so?  Is that so? 8-)

Apart from keeping the patient alive and let his body fight the virus, there are two methods to remove a virus: a vaccine that prevents you from getting infected in the same place, and an antiviral, that blocks the specific protein the virus uses to attack cells and therefore let's it powerless.

Several vaccines and antivirals have already been developed for covid19 and they are being tested. They have been successful in rats and also in human tissue made from stemcells. They will probably work in humans but it has to be established first in which amount and what secondary effects they may have. So they are only being used experimentally with limited numbers of patients.

New medicines usually take a long time until they are approved to be made available to the public for safety reasons and also because then patients who suffer secondary effects sue the companies or the government. In this case, though, some countries may speed the whole process given the emergency.

So is there a cure for the flu? Yes, there is, the problem is that the flu mutates every year. This year's flu is different from last year's. So the vaccine they made last year may be useless this year because it's a different virus.

Edited by carlos

23 minutes ago, carlos said:

Apart from keepign the patient alive and let his body fight the virus, there are two methods to remove a virus: a vaccine that prevents you from getting infected in the same place, and a antiretroviral, that blocks the specific protein the virus uses to attack cells and therefore let's it powerless.

They will probably work in humans but it has to be established first in which amount and what secondary effects they may have.

The operative word here is "probably" it will work.

Well, I hear you brother, but being the avid health advocate for myself over the last decade or so, I've come to appreciate how the immune system, the human body's first line of defense against illnesses, can play a vital part in disease prevention.  I have read, researched, studied many health books and articles so I've concluded that for me, vaccines are not that effective, in my own opinion.

Medical experts say there is no cure  for the flu or cold.

Edited by Omoyeme

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

I have read, researched, studied many health books and articles so I've concluded that for me, vaccines are not that effective, in my own opinion.

Medical experts say there is no cure  for the flu or cold.

I understand your position, Sandra. But this pandemics will only be stopped either by a vaccine applied to most of the population or by having most of the population immunized by exposure to the virus. Of course the second option only works for those who survive. :)

I agree with you that, if doctors are able to keep the patient alive, our own immune system will in most cases be able to overcome the virus. This is especially true of this coronavirus. Most people who get infected with it will survive. Except in cases where the person is already very weak, or there appear complications and there is no medical help available. It's also true that a lot can be done by having a good nutrition and being healthy. :thumbsup:

As for the flu, it's what I explained before. Doctors have a cure for last year's flu. But this year's is a different virus, a different disease. So it's true, there is currently no cure for future variants of flu.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/god-us-many-muslims-pakistan-103019464.html

Our prayer leader told us that the virus can't infect us the way it does Western people," Durrani told Reuters. "He said we wash our hands and we wash our face five times a day before we say our prayers, and the infidels don't, so we need not worry. God is with us."

The Islamic lobby holds immense clout in Pakistan, a country of over 200 million people. Religious parties have not been successful in electoral politics but they are able to whip up large, often violent, crowds on matters pertaining to religion, such as in support of the country's harsh blasphemy law.

Akbar, the special assistant to the prime minister, said most mosques were cooperating with the government.

He added however: "This is a sensitive matter, we don't want to impose it using a stick. And even if we wanted to, there aren't enough sticks to implement it across Pakistan."

This last bit says a lot. Ramadan is also coming up in the next couple of weeks, I think. 

ABC News Anchor tests positive. 

Screenshot_20200413-083128.png

Mr Cook said the "extraordinarily good numbers" WA was seeing meant the state would now move from the "suppression" stage of its fight against COVID-19 to the "vigilance" phase.

Australian Medical Association WA president Andrew Miller said if the "really promising" numbers continued, easing some restrictions from late May would be possible.

Premier Mark McGowan has repeatedly warned some social restrictions, such as bans on mass gatherings as well as the interstate border closure, would remain in place for several months to come.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-13/wa-coronavirus-restrictions-to-remain-for-now-to-stop-resurgence/12144286

Looks like zoom meetings for quite a while for us over in Western Australia.

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

A vaccine against the coronavirus could be ready by September, according to a scientist leading one of Britain’s most advanced teams.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-11/coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-ready-in-six-months-times

Um, NO, I will NOT be getting any vaccine, thank you very much.

7F7ADD20-FE7C-4ADA-8083-C146D8FFECFD.jpeg

67F6BB04-ECFD-46F4-B1EE-D916BCACE56F.jpeg

D952379B-47E4-4D1D-85D7-34E1E357831B.jpeg

Heard on msnbc now that farmers are destroying crops due to the coronavirus closing restaurants. 

27 minutes ago, AH173 said:

Heard on msnbc now that farmers are destroying crops due to the coronavirus closing restaurants. 

That's awful. It can have horrible repercussions  for the long term. Great, now we're going to see people hoarding canned and frozen produce.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/us/bishop-gerald-glenn-god-larger-coronavirus-dies/index.html

Bishop who ignored social distancing guidelines dies of Covid-19

" Gerald Glenn ,the pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church in Virginia has died, the church announced on Sunday. Glenn had tested positive for coronavirus, according to a video posted by his daughter Mar-Gerie Crawley."

"Despite warnings from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to avoid mass gatherings and maintain social distancing, Glenn said in a sermon on March 22, "I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus," and announced he was not afraid to die."

3 minutes ago, Nirex said:

My sister in AZ just got tested and has the virus.... She also has pneumonia. I know people have survived...

...but how many that got over it had pneumonia already...?

Prayers for your dear sister and you!  There have been cases on the news about it -  but must be fact check it!